First Grow And Scrog, How's It Looking?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks for pointing out I agree often on the internet you can't properly be informed of intent. I could have read your post as being a bit negative which I allowed myself to feel but I also tried to respond in a way that wasn't too bad. I am sorry as well if I came off reactive to your response I can be a bit touchy I apologize
its all good brother, just know my intent is to assist you for a more stress free experience.

S

Shawnery

I got a question for you guys. Are the skinny fan leaves on my plants a side effect of my over nuting or is that just a genetic aspect of my strain?

Golden Ticket and Blue Dream

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Agreed, it seems easy to offend online as we cant see each other faces and we never really are sure of the persons intent or spirit.

I know I come across strong at times, but truly love helping people. Always have always will. Well at least those willing to learn. :D
Ya it goes like this for me,,
I help them and wait for their reaction.
A lot of times a person will have had success and figure he has found the magic levels of nutrients per se,
saying this is the amount that needs used, without ever asking them about their environment.
Me and you both know that can drastically change the equation.
Median, pot size, temp, rh, as well as genetics all combined play a roll on where you will set your Ec..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I got a question for you guys. Are the skinny fan leaves on my plants a side effect of my over nuting or is that just a genetic aspect of my strain?

Golden Ticket and Blue Dream
I would lean towards genetic. or strain related.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yes...so if you have a plant with large flowers, it can be freakishly huge, making it difficult to get air in there.
Well i do certain defols to keep that not a problem...
but i run 80 and 60% rh with c02 up to week 7 in flower and I have not seen that happen yet.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I use the feed chart.. It works excellent..
Cmon you newbs!
Of course its 1200...
You then add ro water to it till you bring it down to your target Ec..
And ive used the whole line and also just skipped it..
I do see difference in smell and taste.
you good bro?
I was just funnin with you on the nube comment :(

S

Shawnery

So what is the advantage of running CO2 and indoor grow or in any grow for that matter? This is one of the things I haven't done much research on. For the simple fact that this grow is going to be a beginner's low-cost setup grow. Then I'm going to move on from here to see which direction would be best if needed.

What is the general cost of running CO2 and then in reference to that number do you find the cost benefits to be worth it?

Junk

Junk

He is having you do the nube shuffle with the Lucas mix...
I gave him the recipe I use, and pics of the plants grown with it. If he doesn't want to use, he doesn't have to.

Lollipop = pruning under the net ?
For this case, yes. It just means taking off the lower growth that isn't going to reach the canopy.
What?????????
Never heard that or seen it......
Bud rot is from high humidity and lack of air flow...
Right, and dense flowers are more susceptible to it bc of the air flow. With the recipe I posted, plants get huge if overfed. The signs of overfeeding aren't as obvious (I think it's the Liquid Karma) so already dense flowers can become a problem. Here is that same recipe, and my hands aren't small...dried nugs were 7-10g with the occasional larger one
20160112 095520

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So what is the advantage of running CO2 and indoor grow or in any grow for that matter? This is one of the things I haven't done much research on. For the simple fact that this grow is going to be a beginner's low-cost setup grow. Then I'm going to move on from here to see which direction would be best if needed.

What is the general cost of running CO2 and then in reference to that number do you find the cost benefits to be worth it?
Well there is a few ways to come at it from..
I will say this, c02 will not do anything
if everything else isnt perfect..
It costs anywhere from 400 to 1000 for a c02 setup..
I just run tanks and in my area its $40 a 20# tank refill and i use 3 tanks a grow..
It reduces the amount of veg time and it helps promote branches that will support huge colas.. I drop my co2 around week 7 to 500 ppm..
I wouldnt worry about c02 till you have everything else in order or its just a waste imo

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I gave him the recipe I use, and pics of the plants grown with it. If he doesn't want to use, he doesn't have to.

For this case, yes. It just means taking off the lower growth that isn't going to reach the canopy.

Right, and dense flowers are more susceptible to it bc of the air flow. With the recipe I posted, plants get huge if overfed. The signs of overfeeding aren't as obvious (I think it's the Liquid Karma) so already dense flowers can become a problem. Here is that same recipe, and my hands aren't small...dried nugs were 7-10g with the occasional larger one
View attachment 746310
imo you should remove that big ass fan leaf..

S

Shawnery

Very nice pvc drip system you got going! Any chance you would mind sharing the diagrams? This is a first go trial grow in doing at the moment.

My goal is to get a cottage cultivation and small business license from the California Cannabis Business whatever. For a small grow I have a doable setup but for a large grow, 500sqft, I think I need a little more professional set up to make it worth the effort.

My end goal is to start a new business model. Instead of selling flowers, clones or any other finished product I will grow full plants for you. I think there will be a real market for this. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it might work.

S

Shawnery

Newest pic, man are they growing like mad. Above and below the lid!

24hrs not easy to see but lots of new growth and starting to tuck again today.

There's not much room left where the plants hit eachother in the middle bit there's lots of room on the edges. Is it ok to have branches go over eachother as long as the nodes are in the right place?

20170930 114845
20171001 131755
S

Shawnery

What do you guys think about using these in a RDWC, pic included below. They're polypropylene and are 1" x 1/2" inch in size. They have a lot of open surface area and the shape seems conducive for creating space. There seems to be enough room for the roots to grow between the balls and the grooves. Then there's the fact that they are completely PH neutral. Finally, they are designed the way they are to encourage the growth of beneficial microorganisms.

These points seem to be on the positive side of use in a hydroponics system?

S l500
Dunge

Dunge

What do you guys think about using these in a RDWC, pic included below. They're polypropylene and are 1" x 1/2" inch in size. They have a lot of open surface area and the shape seems conducive for creating space. There seems to be enough room for the roots to grow between the balls and the grooves. Then there's the fact that they are completely PH neutral. Finally, they are designed the way they are to encourage the growth of beneficial microorganisms.

These points seem to be on the positive side of use in a hydroponics system?
Might be trouble clearing the roots to reuse.

S

Shawnery

You guys think since I had changed out my solution out 2 weeks ago and only had 10 gallons it but just added 25 more gallons of fresh water I could wait another two weeks?

Top Bottom