First Grow And Scrog, How's It Looking?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If you want to keep responding to me, at least read what I'm saying.
Oh because of the fan leaf comment?
Oh shit brother, there is as many ways to train weed as their is growers..
Just cause i got an opinion to remove it,
neither means its the right thing,
or that your doing something wrong.
I guess you haven't been in any big thread debates on defoling?
its one of them things,
half believe in it, and half don't.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If you want to keep responding to me, at least read what I'm saying.
And my bad brother
Very nice pvc drip system you got going! Any chance you would mind sharing the diagrams? This is a first go trial grow in doing at the moment.

My goal is to get a cottage cultivation and small business license from the California Cannabis Business whatever. For a small grow I have a doable setup but for a large grow, 500sqft, I think I need a little more professional set up to make it worth the effort.

My end goal is to start a new business model. Instead of selling flowers, clones or any other finished product I will grow full plants for you. I think there will be a real market for this. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it might work.
Its cheap and it got me intop trouble a few times to be honest.
I ran coco in half gal square pots from start to finish.
I had to water them 4x a day.
I used 6 head rainbirds...
its just them, pvc pipe, some elbows, a T and a danner mag 250 gph pump hooked to a timer..
I also got a $15 walmart pump in the res that runs continuously keeping my res stirred and my mix good...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Newest pic, man are they growing like mad. Above and below the lid!

24hrs not easy to see but lots of new growth and starting to tuck again today.

There's not much room left where the plants hit eachother in the middle bit there's lots of room on the edges. Is it ok to have branches go over eachother as long as the nodes are in the right place?
ive done forgot, you flip to flower yet?
Are you still vegging?

S

Shawnery

It's getting close but no not flowering yet. I think you told me about two weeks. That was a week ago or it may have been someone else.

The problem, maybe not I'm new, I think is the plants are starting to grow together in the middle. Where each two plants meet do I just wrapped them intelligently over one another? I've got a bit of space around the edges still but it is getting close.

I'm starting to think I should just go ahead and do it.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's getting close but no not flowering yet. I think you told me about two weeks. That was a week ago or it may have been someone else.

The problem, maybe not I'm new, I think is the plants are starting to grow together in the middle. Where each two plants meet do I just wrapped them intelligently over one another? I've got a bit of space around the edges still but it is getting close.

I'm starting to think I should just go ahead and do it.
ya you should always keep tucking so that your canopy is even.
can you tuck everything right now?
If you can tuck EVERY BRANCH AND EVERY TOP UNDER THE NET,
you can flip now.

S

Shawnery

Yep, I started tucking earlier and will be done tomorrow, I like to stretch it out a little.

Monday night is then switching 12/12!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yep, I started tucking earlier and will be done tomorrow, I like to stretch it out a little.

Monday night is then switching 12/12!
See the reason we tuck is so that at flip all the tops are at the same level and thus all receiving the same intensity of light, and will all grow pretty close to the same size.
most lights are only producing good nuggage 12 to 18" max.
that is also why we lollipop before flower or 2 weeks into flower to remove any branches that didnt quite make it..

S

Shawnery

Can you believe I just finally just started using calmag. Until now I was just foliar spraying with 5% calcium solution.

S

Shawnery

I tucked most of my plant yesterday after letting it get enough length. I'm running into a space issue where the plants meet eachother. Around the edges is fine but I'm at a loss when it comes to pruning extra fan leaves to open up the canopy. I also need help when it comes to crisscrossing branches.

Any help would be appreciated. I can take some pics but all you can see is a sea of green at the moment.

Thanks.

S

Shawnery

So is a fish tank heater a reasonable choice for keeping my res warm in the winter? I have a small heater in there with digital read out for temp control but nothing for the water. I may live in the bay but where I live it regularly gets down to the low 40's high 30's in the morning.

I assume I should keep the res at 68 degrees?

By the way I switched to flowering, whoop!

S

Shawnery

From what I can remember I started flowering on the 1st of this month, for reference. I'm not sure but I think they're started to flower at the tips of new growth. Should I stop tucking at this point and if not now when? Secondly I have no room left because of so many shoots coming out in the interior.

I defoliated like a mother and I can still hardly see 25% of the plants growth. The biggest thing I learned is if I want to grow my limit I need a much bigger net.

S

Shawnery

The worst thing about scrogging!

Not being able to take in the glory of their beautiful long locks of blonde hairy roots. At best I'm able to see about 10% of the entire root mass. Nothing more annoying than thinking they look awesome but not really getting to know at all.

S

Shawnery

What the hell is going on with just this one plant, which will be the first photo? The entire middle and front right are the exact same clones from the same exact plant, they will be the second and third photo.

They're all running on the same exact 6 pot RDWC system with no differences at all between the plants. I assume that this plant more than the others is having a hard time recovering from the over-defoliation I commited in stupidness.

The one other question is there are a few bud sites down in the canopy and should I remove a leaf or two, at most, per plant to open these sites up?

I'm running 650ppm or 1.25ec with GH Base Nutes. Like I said there is NO difference in growing conditions between the plants. My humidity is to high for flowering at 60% and I'm working on that and my ambient temps are between 60 and 65 night and day. Still it's all the SAME for every plant.

20171021 102250
20171021 102242
20171021 102206
Top Bottom