First Grow. Coco .perpetual Harvests, 2x 600w Hps + 400w Hm. Automatic Feeding.

• Thread starter AlbaNinja84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Hy i'm new to this forum. But where i live there is much less info regarding proper growing.
Fortunately I speak english =).

Setup:

80x80x180 cm veg grow tent, with air extractor and 400w hm 9 plants
120x280x210 cm grow tent, 2x 600w hps. 500 m2/h extractor. 18 plants, 2 different stages and strains.

Each month i will plant 12 plants of a new strain and keep 9. I will only use 2 month flowering strains. I plan to harvest 9 plants every month.

First strain is amnesia lemon from barlneys farm. Planted the seeds feb 19.

Ph at all times 5.8 - 6

Nutrients:

canna coco a+b
rhizotonic
cannazym
Cannaboost
Pk 13-14
Cal mag
Advanced nutrients carbload

Fotococco
Last edited:
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

This is the photo of 25th feb where I started nutrients.

Nutrients:

Distilled water+ a bit of regular water: ec. 0,18. Added cal mag 0,5 ml/l a liter and reached 0,4 ec. + 0,5 ml/l canna coco a+b. + 1 ml/l rhizotonic. Total ec: 0,7

Coco2
Meakanu

Meakanu

This is the photo of 25th feb where I started nutrients.

Nutrients:

Distilled water+ a bit of regular water: ec. 0,18. Added cal mag 0,5 ml/l a liter and reached 0,4 ec. + 0,5 ml/l canna coco a+b. + 1 ml/l rhizotonic. Total ec: 0,7
I’m not a expert but I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t give seedlings anything but water until they get their 4-6 node depending on strain. If I were you I’d research this and maybe go ahead and flush out that nutrients with some plain water.

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

I’m not a expert but I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t give seedlings anything but water until they get their 4-6 node depending on strain. If I were you I’d research this and maybe go ahead and flush out that nutrients with some plain water.
There in coco coir, they should be doing just fine. Coco contains no nutrients in it, so a very light dose is a good idea.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Actually not, I have a problem with one, is this mag deficiency?
No.
You want have deficiency’s for the first 3 weeks roughly. The seed has all nutrients the seedling needs to get established. They just need light, water and good environment with temps 72-76f and 65-80% relative humidity.
Magnesium deficiency is common when growing in CoCo and is somthing your have to watch for in a few weeks.
CoCo core actually has a lot of potassium in it. The extra potassium will sometimes cause a magnesium lock out.
But for now I recommend you “gently” flush out your pots with some plane water PH’d to 5.6-5.8 and just let nature do its think for 10-14days
Then start slowly introducing nutrients lightly with your PPMs around 400 at first.
I can tell you’ve done some research but I think your getting a little ahead of yourself.

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Update 5th of Feburary. Out of 9 plants I have the one top left with a bit of N deficiency, and middle left with mag def.

The one with mag def has been flushed, and received a bit of canna mono mg both roots and foliar spray. For the one with N def, I gave her a bit of sensi cal mag plus, which contains 4% N. Hope to have that one back nice and green in a couple of days.

What is strange is that only two have deficiencies, the rest are fine. Ph is stable.

IMG 2531 2
Meakanu

Meakanu

Update 5th of Feburary. Out of 9 plants I have the one top left with a bit of N deficiency, and middle left with mag def.

The one with mag def has been flushed, and received a bit of canna mono mg both roots and foliar spray. For the one with N def, I gave her a bit of sensi cal mag plus, which contains 4% N. Hope to have that one back nice and green in a couple of days.

What is strange is that only two have deficiencies, the rest are fine. Ph is stable.
Just because you planted seeds of the same strain dose not mean all your plants will be the same. Their not clones.
Think of it like a litter of puppy’s, 6 pups from the same mother, most slightly different from one another some look the same but might behave differently and there is usually at least one runt. Cannabis plants are simiar and the subtle differences between sibling plants are called pheno types.

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Just because you planted seeds of the same strain dose not mean all your plants will be the same. Their not clones.
Think of it like a litter of puppy’s, 6 pups from the same mother, most slightly different from one another some look the same but might behave differently and there is usually at least one runt. Cannabis plants are simiar and the subtle differences between sibling plants are called pheno types.

Yes i knew about this, but never tought it would make such a big difference with the nutrients.

Anyway i have bought already the cloning material, I plan on taking a couple clones aside from the best plant right before i switch them to flower.

Also do you think the size is good? There at day 18 from seed.

Last edited:
Meakanu

Meakanu

Yes i knew about this, but never tought it would make such a big difference with the nutrients.

Anyway i have bought already the cloning material, I plan on taking a couple clones aside from the best plant right before i switch them to flower.

Also do you think the size is good? There at day 18 from seed.
Yea, they look about right. They should really start to take off in about two weeks.

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

8th of feb, looks like they have speeded up their growth a lot. Still have that mag def, in that pot with more water in in because of the flush. I'm waiting for it to dry out.

IMG 2549
Wisher619

Wisher619

8th of feb, looks like they have speeded up their growth a lot. Still have that mag def, in that pot with more water in in because of the flush. I'm waiting for it to dry out.
Might I suggest a resolution to your early deficiencies?

first off I suggest upping your nutrients to full strength light feed from canna's feed schedule

I would then suggest soaking the coco fully. and dont let it dry out
water once a day until 10% runoff
this might soumd like terrible advice, but coco is hydroponic and should be treated as such, or you will be chasing your tail.
You are early in this grow but if you keep on this track your problems will compound and later you will really run i to some problems

IMO
best wishes

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Might I suggest a resolution to your early deficiencies?

first off I suggest upping your nutrients to full strength light feed from canna's feed schedule

I would then suggest soaking the coco fully. and dont let it dry out
water once a day until 10% runoff
this might soumd like terrible advice, but coco is hydroponic and should be treated as such, or you will be chasing your tail.
You are early in this grow but if you keep on this track your problems will compound and later you will really run i to some problems

IMO
best wishes
Hey, thanks for your advice.
I know coco must be kept wet, but I made a mistake starting in a big pot wright away.
I'm afraid that if I don't wait for the roots to get bigger they will drown.

I went VERY light with nutes, but that damn runoff is 1.4 ec. The max feeding I gave them was 0.7 ec.

We will be watering only water untill sunday, see if they get better or worse. If I see they get worse i'll bump up the nuts a bit. Maybe ec 1.2? I have tap water at 0.4.

Could it also be that maybe my tap water has too much calcium in it? And it is causing the block of other nutrients?

Wisher619

Wisher619

I know coco must be kept wet, but I made a mistake starting in a big pot wright away.

I went VERY light with nutes, but that damn runoff is 1.4 ec. The max feeding I gave them was 0.7 ec.

We will be watering only water untill sunday, see if they get better or worse. If I see they get worse i'll bump up the nuts a bit. Maybe ec 1.2? I have tap water at 0.4.

Could it also be that maybe my tap water has too much calcium in it? And it is causing the block of other nutrients?
they will def get worse
never just water with plain water ever
those arent to big
but
in coco you cant think like soil
the old addage of wet/dry for the roots to grow is false in coco
you want the entire pot of coco soaked with nutrients
ofcourse you can allow it to dry down some * from top to bottom
as in
water the entire pot with 1.0-1.4 ec
allow the very top layer to dry then rewater with 1.0-1.4 ec with 10% runoff
do not allow the pots to sit in the runoff

if the practices are implemented you will have no problems
you have to think of coco as Deep Water Culture with roots suspended in nutrient solution

but there is a caviot,
as coco dries ec spikes
when kept constantly moist the roots cant feed from a stable enviroment
every feed flushes out unused elements and adds fresh O2 to the coco
this is what speeds up coco growth
from the looks of it you have a great start with soil practices
but these practices are actually hindering much more rapid growth and will become extremely problematic as I see your plants are phasing into rapid growth stage

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

they will def get worse
never just water with plain water ever
those arent to big
but
in coco you cant think like soil
the old addage of wet/dry for the roots to grow is false in coco
you want the entire pot of coco soaked with nutrients
ofcourse you can allow it to dry down some * from top to bottom
as in
water the entire pot with 1.0-1.4 ec
allow the very top layer to dry then rewater with 1.0-1.4 ec with 10% runoff
do not allow the pots to sit in the runoff

if the practices are implemented you will have no problems
you have to think of coco as Deep Water Culture with roots suspended in nutrient solution

but there is a caviot,
as coco dries ec spikes
when kept constantly moist the roots cant feed from a stable enviroment
every feed flushes out unused elements and adds fresh O2 to the coco
this is what speeds up coco growth
from the looks of it you have a great start with soil practices
but these practices are actually hindering much more rapid growth and will become extremely problematic as I see your plants are phasing into rapid growth stage

Ok thanks, i'll do that tomorrow.
See how they react. They look like they wanted nutrients, what stopped me was the runoff ec.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Ok thanks, i'll do that tomorrow.
See how they react. They look like they wanted nutrients, what stopped me was the runoff ec.
the problem to me is you havnt actually watered you coco yet
I see you water around the base of the plant but your need to feed the coco and in return the coco feeds the plant
all of those pots should have black/dark media as in completely moist

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

the problem to me is you havnt actually watered you coco yet
I see you water around the base of the plant but your need to feed the coco and in return the coco feeds the plant
all of those pots should have black/dark media as in completely moist
I’ll do that tomorrow, but out of 9 only two are doing bad. One mag def, the other with something like N deficiency. I’ll do just as you said and post back in a couple of days. thanks

newh

newh

dry coco is not good.If you want to flush follow that up with the right feeding for your plants status

newh

newh

when I make my coco pots I fully wet them with a.08-1.2 nute mix and put them in my tent for a day or two to get them to the right temperature then I put my new gear in.After that I follow the Canna chart

Top Bottom