First Grow In A Long Time.

• Thread starter Iceman2494
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Tent is a 2x4? Kind of strapped on cash for now .

For a 2x4 you could get away with 260w on the QB. It may not give you a huge, bountiful harvest, but it will produce a good one. Maybe save up for a stronger light though, I would still reccomend 400-600 watts if you can. With a stronger light, When you want to go bigger than 2x4, you’ll be able to. Plants grow to the room you allow them. I’d rather have 4 plants in my 5x5 than 8 any day. For now you can use CFLs for a few weeks to keep it going, or use what you have now.

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Don’t have enough space for a bigger tent . I’ll have to stick with the 2x4 . I think the 260 watt will be my best bet for now . I don’t have a lot of cash to keep on this project. I wish I could build my own for cheaper. Not that great at wiring . My norther lights seed didn’t make it . Not sure exactly what happened to it . Ordered a white widow and some cookies from Canuck seeds .

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Day 2. I hope this is a good size and not stretching

It’s possible you over watered it. Here is how to check if you need to water, it’s very simple: You need to let the soil dry out between wateringing, press your finger into the dirt just before your knuckle. If it is still moist, don’t water. If this top layer is getting pretty dry, water with lights off, or near as possible to lights off. Try not to let water sit on plant leaves with the lights on, it bends light and can burn leaves. You can water lights on, just be careful. With my powerful LED I protect my eyes and just water lights off. Those solo cups also hold moisture quite a bit, I like air pots or fabric pots, they’re pretty cheap and cannabis plants love airy soil. The faster your soil dries out, the more air that’s passing through it. Try gently poking holes all over the solo cup to help airate it, or use more perlite in the soil next time. Happy growing! Most times with water less is more!

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

It’s possible you over watered it. Here is how to check if you need to water, it’s very simple: You need to let the soil dry out between wateringing, press your finger into the dirt just before your knuckle. If it is still moist, don’t water. If this top layer is getting pretty dry, water with lights off, or near as possible to lights off. Try not to let water sit on plant leaves with the lights on, it bends light and can burn leaves. You can water lights on, just be careful. With my powerful LED I protect my eyes and just water lights off. Those solo cups also hold moisture quite a bit, I like air pots or fabric pots, they’re pretty cheap and cannabis plants love airy soil. The faster your soil dries out, the more air that’s passing through it. Try gently poking holes all over the solo cup to help airate it, or use more perlite in the soil next time. Happy growing! Most times with water less is more!
Haven’t watered it at all since I put the seed in . Does she look bad ? When I get back home I’ll add more holes to the cup . I was asking because she shot uo a lot in one day . Leaves are 2times bigger than they were last night .

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Haven’t watered it at all since I put the seed in . Does she look bad ? When I get back home I’ll add more holes to the cup . I was asking because she shot uo a lot in one day . Leaves are 2times bigger than they were last night .

No it looks GREAT! That’s not stretched at all! Leave a toothpick or that q tip in there to keep track of his size too. It’s only stretched if it starts to disproportionately grow straight up, and it’s leaves don’t grow larger themselves. If a seedling stretches, it will do so rapidly, and it’s leaves will not develop at the same pace, as it is searching for light and does not have the energy to expand its leaves, hence the stretching. I was referring to the Northern lights you lost, sometimes it just happens, but most times a seedling dies it was over watered. Seedling need basically no nutrients, just light, air and water. After the first set of true leaves, you can think about nutrients, but I wait until the plant looks to be slowing down. Don’t look at these as losses though, they’re lessons. Every grower has lost seedlings. As you go, you’ll learn the signs your plant is speaking to you, and what to give it. For now post pics and we’ll help you, as you learn. Happy growing!

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

No it looks GREAT! That’s not stretched at all! Leave a toothpick or that q tip in there to keep track of his size too. It’s only stretched if it starts to disproportionately grow straight up, and it’s leaves don’t grow larger themselves. If a seedling stretches, it will do so rapidly, and it’s leaves will not develop at the same pace, as it is searching for light and does not have the energy to expand its leaves, hence the stretching. I was referring to the Northern lights you lost, sometimes it just happens, but most times a seedling dies it was over watered. Seedling need basically no nutrients, just light, air and water. After the first set of true leaves, you can think about nutrients, but I wait until the plant looks to be slowing down. Don’t look at these as losses though, they’re lessons. Every grower has lost seedlings. As you go, you’ll learn the signs your plant is speaking to you, and what to give it. For now post pics and we’ll help you, as you learn. Happy growing!
I really appreciate it . It didn’t have a chance to become a seedling . Think seed was a dud . It grew a tiny tiny tip but wouldnt progress any further . I have two back up seeds on the way and I’m going to check in on the 260w qb board . All the qb 12 are sold out atm . I can’t expand my grow room unfortunately.

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

I really appreciate it . It didn’t have a chance to become a seedling . Think seed was a dud . It grew a tiny tiny tip but wouldnt progress any further . I have two back up seeds on the way and I’m going to check in on the 260w qb board . All the qb 12 are sold out atm . I can’t expand my grow room unfortunately.

What lights are you currently using? Maybe add CFL’s. They’re cheap, and you can get clamping reflector lamps to clamp or hang for 8$ a piece at a hardware store. I usually keep all my plants Under CFLs to start, and even the first 1-2 weeks. I remove the clamp and hang them usually. They grow great to start under a cfl, perfect light source, you can keep it 3 inches away from plants and be safe. Some people use CFL’s all the way through, flower and all. I’ve seen some good CFL grows.

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

What lights are you currently using? Maybe add CFL’s. They’re cheap, and you can get clamping reflector lamps to clamp or hang for 8$ a piece at a hardware store. I usually keep all my plants Under CFLs to start, and even the first 1-2 weeks. I remove the clamp and hang them usually. They grow great to start under a cfl, perfect light source, you can keep it 3 inches away from plants and be safe. Some people use CFL’s all the way through, flower and all. I’ve seen some good CFL grows.
Sadly I’m using a 600w “full spectrum “ grow light . I also have a 800 wfull spectrum cob light . Not sure if it’s to strong for a seedling .

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Sadly I’m using a 600w “full spectrum “ grow light . I also have a 800 wfull spectrum cob light . Not sure if it’s to strong for a seedling .

Is the full spectrum an LED? That 800w COB isn’t too strong, it should get the job done, you might have to keep it 24-36” from the plants but it won’t harm the seedlings. You could also stick with the 600w, that’s perfect, but without a way to measure your light you’re guessing. If you can invest In a cheap 3 way meter, I would get one. Measures Soil Moisture, Soil pH, and it is a light reader. The light reader is so simple, hold it over your plant at its canopy level, and see if the dial goes up to 500 ppfd. That’s it. If it’s under 500, you know you need to close the gap between light and plants for more ppfd. For seedlings and veg, plants only use about 500 ppfd, but up to 900 won’t hurt seedlings. In flower 800-1200 is recommended. Just watch for stretching, it happens quick and you’ll have lots of time to move the plant closer, stretching isn’t the end of the world, you just don’t want it to get out of control.

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Is the full spectrum an LED? That 800w COB isn’t too strong, it should get the job done, you might have to keep it 24-36” from the plants but it won’t harm the seedlings. You could also stick with the 600w, that’s perfect, but without a way to measure your light you’re guessing. If you can invest In a cheap 3 way meter, I would get one. Measures Soil Moisture, Soil pH, and it is a light reader. The light reader is so simple, hold it over your plant at its canopy level, and see if the dial goes up to 500 ppfd. That’s it. If it’s under 500, you know you need to close the gap between light and plants for more ppfd. For seedlings and veg, plants only use about 500 ppfd, but up to 900 won’t hurt seedlings. In flower 800-1200 is recommended. Just watch for stretching, it happens quick and you’ll have lots of time to move the plant closer, stretching isn’t the end of the world, you just don’t want it to get out of control.
Do you think Lowe’s would have a 3 way meter?or what is the correct name for them so I can google .

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

It’s useful for all 3 purposes. I wouldn’t worry too much about soil pH though, maybe use it to test the moisture though!

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

It’s useful for all 3 purposes. I wouldn’t worry too much about soil pH though, maybe use it to test the moisture though!
I just won’t water it for a couple days or when needed . Poked holes all along the cup for air. The 600w led light is about a foot or more away from the plant . Lights not hot . I just don’t want it to get light burn being so close . I’ll keep an eye on to make sure no stress is happening

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

I just won’t water it for a couple days or when needed . Poked holes all along the cup for air. The 600w led light is about a foot or more away from the plant . Lights not hot . I just don’t want it to get light burn being so close . I’ll keep an eye on to make sure no stress is happening
Is it ok to do 24/7 for a tiny seeedling ? Or should I do 18/6?

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Leaves seem a tad bigger . Moved light little bit up . One of the circle leaves are curling up . Has been like that since came out of the ground so not to worried. No water today . 24/7 light so far .no yellowing on leaves or any discoloration. Only thing is stem is kind of purplish or darkish red . Idk if from strain or led light or medium.

69E6B256 8386 4EF2 A8AD CBF30066404F
49CFE931 98E4 447A B4C8 F06600208E0A
Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Day 3 and starting to see second set of leaves forming up top !

2D8D3204 B620 454A 8047 EEF5D9615075
7038D184 DE06 43C1 9D15 073BA46F2861
Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Couple days out . Think 4 or 5th day .i have a 3 way meter . My light registered to almost a 1000. Ph when I put it in medium is a 7 and I’m at a 3 on wet .

5944D61E 8C79 4381 ACC9 90CF913A3C1E
556B96C8 7196 495D AA2F 41A462CA6639

Latest posts

Top Bottom