• Thread starter lyonsp123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lyonsp123

lyonsp123

First grow need experienced help with some symptoms
First grow need experienced help with some symptoms 2
First grow need experienced help with some symptoms
Hi all. About two months into my first girl, some of the girls I am in flour and some starters I’ve been going, been having issues with yellowing leaves, seems more drastic than should, see photos. Feeding roots organic bloom line, pretty low TDS tap water, but adding minimal cal mag. Feedings around 800 ppm total (100 from tap) applying at about 5.8-6
Recent flush showed ppm of 1500+ in runoff. Maybe too much nitrogen from grow notes? Gave a good flush today with ph 6.0 water. Will return to a bloom feed next watering. Any tips? About 4 weeks into flower
orange 11 strain. Thanks

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I'd flush with plain water, weaken the nute solution by 50%, and feed every third watering.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plants look like they might be suffering from Nitrogen toxicity, at least based on the outflow of your plants, the slightly "clawed" look of some of your leaves...plants can look pretty strange while flowering, which is strain dependent. Plants don't use as much nitrogen during flowering. Despite having a excess of nitrogen available, the plants usually start using the stored reserves in the larger fan leaves for nutrients. The result, during flowering, is yellowing fan leaves that progressively get pale and eventually shrivel up, like tree is autumn. This progresses during flowering (it seems more pronounced in Sativa strains), but you aren't too far into flowering and shouldn't be seeing these problems yet. You didn't mention your growth medium or your Ph, both can influence how you would treat this problem.
For the most part, your plants look pretty healthy and the newest growth looks nice and darker green. What type of lights are you using? It could be a lot of things but it doesn't look like anything that is going to ruin your grow. I'm sure that you will hear from folks who are more experienced with diagnosing maladies like this. Try not to overthink things, as you rarely see major problems by using simple products. It's when you try to react to every yellow leaf or strange looking branch that you can get into problems. If you have a 5 gallon bucket, a container of 20-20-20 fertilizer, adequate lighting, and a bag of regular potting soil...you will have a good and successful grow. That's really only what is needed. To get the extra zing/flavor/potency, this is when the more experienced growers will try different methods, use different products, etc. Since this is your first grow, I think you have done pretty well. I know it's difficult, but be patient about all things and work on getting consistent, repeatable results before trying something more complicated and subject to possible disaster. The best thing to do is keep reading the posts. 90% of them are similar in nature and the advice given is usually given thru experience. Relax and enjoy the hobby. It can be as easy or hard as you want to make it, but there is no shortcut to success like experience will give you. Sorry for the ramble.
Back to the plants. I would give them a good flush, maybe a couple. See what the plants look like in the days that follow. If the new growth is getting lighter, then you probably need nutrients. Once the fan leaves start to lighten, they usually continue and won't recover, so don't use them as an indicator.

Kepp89

Kepp89

The plants look like they might be suffering from Nitrogen toxicity, at least based on the outflow of your plants, the slightly "clawed" look of some of your leaves...plants can look pretty strange while flowering, which is strain dependent. Plants don't use as much nitrogen during flowering. Despite having a excess of nitrogen available, the plants usually start using the stored reserves in the larger fan leaves for nutrients. The result, during flowering, is yellowing fan leaves that progressively get pale and eventually shrivel up, like tree is autumn. This progresses during flowering (it seems more pronounced in Sativa strains), but you aren't too far into flowering and shouldn't be seeing these problems yet. You didn't mention your growth medium or your Ph, both can influence how you would treat this problem.
For the most part, your plants look pretty healthy and the newest growth looks nice and darker green. What type of lights are you using? It could be a lot of things but it doesn't look like anything that is going to ruin your grow. I'm sure that you will hear from folks who are more experienced with diagnosing maladies like this. Try not to overthink things, as you rarely see major problems by using simple products. It's when you try to react to every yellow leaf or strange looking branch that you can get into problems. If you have a 5 gallon bucket, a container of 20-20-20 fertilizer, adequate lighting, and a bag of regular potting soil...you will have a good and successful grow. That's really only what is needed. To get the extra zing/flavor/potency, this is when the more experienced growers will try different methods, use different products, etc. Since this is your first grow, I think you have done pretty well. I know it's difficult, but be patient about all things and work on getting consistent, repeatable results before trying something more complicated and subject to possible disaster. The best thing to do is keep reading the posts. 90% of them are similar in nature and the advice given is usually given thru experience. Relax and enjoy the hobby. It can be as easy or hard as you want to make it, but there is no shortcut to success like experience will give you. Sorry for the ramble.
Back to the plants. I would give them a good flush, maybe a couple. See what the plants look like in the days that follow. If the new growth is getting lighter, then you probably need nutrients. Once the fan leaves start to lighten, they usually continue and won't recover, so don't use them as an indicator.
you say sorry for the ramble, i say thanks for the ramble.

tomato tomato

Top Bottom