First Grow Need Some Tips

• Thread starter OverDose3654
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OverDose3654

Ive decided to start growing my own medical cannabis and I want to make sure that the plan I have will work and how to improve on it so this is my plan.

4x8 grow tent
2x viparspectra 1200 watt
8 plants starting from clone
move into 2 gallon pots
growing in coco
veg:4 weeks 18-6
flower:8 weeks 12-12
RO water
light 24" from plant
watering daily
giving nutrients every other watering
following the COCOTEK PREMIUM NUTRIENT simple program
lollipoping around week 3 of veg
using trellis 15" above the pot
transplanting into 7 gallon pots week 3
2x occilating fans to move air
2x 442 cfm inline fans with speed controllers for intake and outtake

please feel free to establish flaws I want this to grow to be worth my time and money

incogneato

incogneato

Ive decided to start growing my own medical cannabis and I want to make sure that the plan I have will work and how to improve on it so this is my plan.

4x8 grow tent
move into 2 gallon pots
growing in coco
RO water
light 24" from plant
watering daily

please feel free to establish flaws I want this to grow to be worth my time and money
Just to make sure i read that right. If you are in coco then you will want to feed evry watering. Coco has no nutrients of its own so plain water would be detrimental in coco. That type of watering is for soil grows.
Very similar to my setup. 8x4 bloom area, 2-1000w hps. Straight coco. Im in 3 gal pots which is the biggest i can rccomend you use. I would consider staying in the 2 gal abd feeding more than once a day. You dont need large pots in coco, also a soil thing. I dont want to overwhelm you with a ton of information because im sure you've been through plenty of it but im around.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

4x8 grow tent
move into 2 gallon pots
growing in coco
RO water
light 24" from plant
watering daily

Gonna tell you this right now... just dive in and start growing and do NOT expect a perfect first grow. What you got on paper is great.... now youll learn that plants cant read nor do they care about plans hahaha

Goodluck and welcome

O

OverDose3654

Gonna tell you this right now... just dive in and start growing and do NOT expect a perfect first grow. What you got on paper is great.... now youll learn that plants cant read nor do they care about plans hahaha

Goodluck and welcome
Alright thanks

O

OverDose3654

Just to make sure i read that right. If you are in coco then you will want to feed evry watering. Coco has no nutrients of its own so plain water would be detrimental in coco. That type of watering is for soil grows.
Very similar to my setup. 8x4 bloom area, 2-1000w hps. Straight coco. Im in 3 gal pots which is the biggest i can rccomend you use. I would consider staying in the 2 gal abd feeding more than once a day. You dont need large pots in coco, also a soil thing. I dont want to overwhelm you with a ton of information because im sure you've been through plenty of it but im around.
Thanks for the info greatly appreciated

MW7945

MW7945

7 gallon pots are kind of big for coco.. maybe stick to 5 gallon if you want to go with bigger pots.

That being said, everything looks good except your lighting. IMO if you're gonna spend that kind of money just do it right and get some Cobs. I just took a viparspectra apart the other day and man do those boards look like shit. Looks like they gave a 5 year old a soldering iron and said have at it bud.

Northernpop

Northernpop

GT21's right. It's good to plan, but things will change since we're all dealing with living things. I just think, my next grow will be the best.

Less is more, usually, and watch the plants. They'll tell you what's wrong if you listen !!

Happy growing !!

incogneato

incogneato

No doubt vud, dive in. I planned forever, then just started without half my equipment. Made it work. Simplicity works, dont try to do everything at once.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

If you really want to run LEDs you should check out the led grow lights forum in Growroom Design and Setup. If you don't have the cash to through at a nice lamp, maybe buy them in stages. Make sure not to buy 2 lights that you don't like 6 months down the road.

Wisher619

Wisher619

4x8 grow tent
move into 2 gallon pots
growing in coco
RO water
light 24" from plant
watering daily

for coco
IMO
no larger than 3 gal pots

and for light
I would go with 2x 600w hps
if you really want LED
save and save and purchse something @ the high end of LED that will make it worth your purchase

JMHO

Latest posts

Top Bottom