First Grow, New To The Farm. La Kush Cake By Seed Junky In Clay Pebbles/coco 60/40

• Thread starter houseofgas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
houseofgas

houseofgas

The first two plants got topped
0892F468 9AD1 4BF2 8938 5778DE80FCD2
46879F7A 9039 44FF B1E4 B845C21D8C4D
AE835DC4 7E18 45BB 8481 E85C80695C71
B991D2E2 8A10 4937 A97B CDED7E74436C
18A38A8B 0EB1 4BF2 98C9 41A2D9AC4CBC
09CFF26B 54A9 4C48 8487 21E399A64E7C

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yeah I hear you on the ph thing bro, I have been ph’ing my water before I add anything now and it works just fine but if I were to do it at the end it would cause many problems like you say. I’m thinking snoops premium next run or possibly when I flip, I’ve seen astonishing results with it on insta. And as for the tea I’m not sure they dug it at all, not sure. Woke up this morning and they were turning lime green from the top of the plant, I will update with pics later today. I couldn’t help notice that growth has not been so vigorous over night? Not sure. I’ll post up in a couple of hours.
The tea may have washed the nutes out of the medium. I actually use it as a mini weekly flush. I use Recharge and kelp, bubble for 24-36 hours, and hand fed until at least 20% runoff. However, I auto water twice a day (more in flower) so they are getting nutes again within 12 hours. Works great for keeping the coco clean of salts throughout the grow.

houseofgas

houseofgas

The tea may have washed the nutes out of the medium. I actually use it as a mini weekly flush. I use Recharge and kelp, bubble for 24-36 hours, and hand fed until at least 20% runoff. However, I auto water twice a day (more in flower) so they are getting nutes again within 12 hours. Works great for keeping the coco clean of salts throughout the grow.
Ahhh ok yeah that makes a lot of sense actually. I will think of it as a “flush” then. That’s good info. And thanks man, I do believe they been stunted for 10ish days until the other day their 28 days old today

Enforcer

Enforcer

Ahhh ok yeah that makes a lot of sense actually. I will think of it as a “flush” then. That’s good info. And thanks man, I do believe they been stunted for 10ish days until the other day their 28 days old today
Yeah, mine did I too. I just disregarded those two weeks and started counting veg from when they took off.

houseofgas

houseofgas

Ok so I noticed this yellowish blotch on the big fan leaf, after doing a through check I found the other smaller leaves closer to the bottom of the plant. Any suggestions on a diagnosis. Before you ask my ph is in check, at least what is going in. Upon transplant I didn’t bother flushing the medium?? Maybe my medium ph is off or maybe to many salts in the medium?

D2B273AF 474C 4AF6 82AF E4775118AE04
D918B0DB 9E2A 4D10 8123 25BA13DFD981
991BA3DE BAF1 4940 A801 30B1D63B0876

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Hi guys n gals, after years of set backs I’m finally dedicating myself to learning the art which is growing cannabis. Right now I have 6 seedlings (LA kush cake) in a hydroton/coco mix 60/40. Unfortunately they have been stunted for 2 weeks due to underfeeding and finding my wet/dry cycle. Until I realised there is no dry cycle with coco it must be moist st all times. Now I corrected that they are absolutely loving life they have greened back up and are growing nicely. I’ll posts some pics soon. Then I’ll be updating weekly with pics. All input to this thread will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking. HOG
i made that exact same mistake with the wet/dry cycles wen i first ran coco.i read up loadsa stuff and asked people in the know about how its done but it wasn't said in anything i read or was told about coco.they probably did tell me but my fucked up memory hadnt retained the info.
i had been running soil for years so naturally I'm letting em dry out like a bell end and the start to lose condition.finally i asked a few buddy's and worked it out.i was pretty surprised at how quickly they bounced back and even more surprised at how quickly they grew in the coco compared to soil.i still don't think iv totally got the hang of it.it seems like its a method that really needs some kind of irrigation to get the best out the plants in coco.or just in twice a day feeding by hand which i don't have the time for.
@houseofgas glad to see you got your plants back on track.
so what's the lineage of the lakush cake?la pure kush x wedding cake?are they feminised?la pure kush is that the one also known as suge knight pure kush ?

houseofgas

houseofgas

Your plants are looking great. Nice work on your first grow.
Hi buddy I think I have a salt build up in my medium, newer growth slowed down and same leaves have a yellowish blotch, I’m pretty sure it’s excess salt. What’s the best practices to do a “flush” I’m scared of putting to much water through?? Should I just flush enough to where I get about 20-30% run off with a lower ppm?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

You can put water through there all day looonnngggg. Your ladies are already behind so why not throw am in the bathtub and flush the shit out. There are not nutes in the coco to "wash" out. It is an inert medium. Just give it a shot . Mine took one flush and the diference was noticeable a few hours later.
Growweedeasy.com
Ya need some theory to why your doing these things, and why they happened in the first place.
It can be tough looking on a forum fpr solid advice. For thr most part your doing better than me at this time in my first attempt.
SaluTÈ

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hi buddy I think I have a salt build up in my medium, newer growth slowed down and same leaves have a yellowish blotch, I’m pretty sure it’s excess salt. What’s the best practices to do a “flush” I’m scared of putting to much water through?? Should I just flush enough to where I get about 20-30% run off with a lower ppm?
@TerpyTyrone is right. Flush the hell out of them if you think there is a salt buildup. You could use a flushing solution, a low
PPM solution of your base nutes, or just plain water. Run 2 or 3 times your pot size of water. They may look “overwatered” by the time you’re done, but should recover quickly. Then resume feeding at your corrected strength.

But throw up some pics. I’m curious if it’s nute burn or pH related.

houseofgas

houseofgas

@TerpyTyrone is right. Flush the hell out of them if you think there is a salt buildup. You could use a flushing solution, a low
PPM solution of your base nutes, or just plain water. Run 2 or 3 times your pot size of water. They may look “overwatered” by the time you’re done, but should recover quickly. Then resume feeding at your corrected strength.

But throw up some pics. I’m curious if it’s nute burn or pH related.
3 pics ^^^^ up there somewhere. I flushed probably 1.5x the volume of the pot. The first bit I put through was 900ppm coming out but I was putting 400 in, after a while I got it down to 600ppm which is nearly what I was feeding in the first place. Should I resume feeding my 500ppm again tmz? Or wait 48hrs?...

houseofgas

houseofgas

There really
You can put water through there all day looonnngggg. Your ladies are already behind so why not throw am in the bathtub and flush the shit out. There are not nutes in the coco to "wash" out. It is an inert medium. Just give it a shot . Mine took one flush and the diference was noticeable a few hours later.
Growweedeasy.com
Ya need some theory to why your doing these things, and why they happened in the first place.
It can be tough looking on a forum fpr solid advice. For thr most part your doing better than me at this time in my first attempt.
SaluTÈ
Thanks bro. I flushed until my run off came down to 600ppm from about the 980ppm it was my first bit of run off. The ph wasn’t that out at 6.5 either. Just worried when I saw those weird markings on the fan leaf and the other ones on the other plant. + the slowed growth over the last 2 days.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Should've tried soil for the first grow. More forgiving and an organic soil mix can replace the need for nutrients
i totally agree.thats the advice i usually give new growers.get a few soil runs under your belt in soil to get a feel for the plants needs.my advice for simple first time grows i always advise canna pro plus soil and bio bizz nutes.i never advise anyone to use bio bizz soil coz its shite.doesn't have good enough drainage in my opinion.canna pro plus on the other hand is awesome.a nice spongey consistency.

Enforcer

Enforcer

3 pics ^^^^ up there somewhere. I flushed probably 1.5x the volume of the pot. The first bit I put through was 900ppm coming out but I was putting 400 in, after a while I got it down to 600ppm which is nearly what I was feeding in the first place. Should I resume feeding my 500ppm again tmz? Or wait 48hrs?...
Good call on the flush. 400 in and 900 out is no good. Yes, now resume your normal feeding schedule (of at least once a day of course). It’s probable that you are seeing the beginning of a nutrient lockout. That’s one of the benefits of coco. Quick correction of problems.

houseofgas

houseofgas

Good call on the flush. 400 in and 900 out is no good. Yes, now resume your normal feeding schedule (of at least once a day of course). It’s probable that you are seeing the beginning of a nutrient lockout. That’s one of the benefits of coco. Quick correction of problems.
I did think that when the 900 came out! Thanks bro.

houseofgas

houseofgas

Do you think 1 water per day, with run off?

Latest posts

Top Bottom