First Grow, New To The Farm. La Kush Cake By Seed Junky In Clay Pebbles/coco 60/40

• Thread starter houseofgas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Ok, that really helped! There’s so many contradictions online between different people! One guys says do this and another comments against it haha. Not on here but just trolling the web. That’s great info very definitive. I’ll report back when the girls have cheered up again. Thanks.
yes your totally right.its better to just listen to one person who you know knows theyr shit in coco

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Ok, that really helped! There’s so many contradictions online between different people! One guys says do this and another comments against it haha. Not on here but just trolling the web. That’s great info very definitive. I’ll report back when the girls have cheered up again. Thanks.
Since you switched threads , I guess I'll reply here.
You shouldn't have had a build-up like that running 600 ppm with single daily feeds to run-off .
Lose the hydroton next round, it's just makes less space for the roots. Especially with a 40/60 mix depending on your pot size the coir will dry out to fast. Then you'll need multiple feeding a day.

Enforcer

Enforcer

You shouldn't have had a build-up like that running 600 ppm with single daily feeds to run-off .
Lose the hydroton next round, it's just makes less space for the roots. Especially with a 40/60 mix depending on your pot size the coir will dry out to fast. Then you'll need multiple feeding a day.
I don’t think he was feeding daily for the first few weeks. That’s probably where the buildup came from.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I know it’s confusing sometimes. Especially when you get people explaining their methods, and you don’t know if they’re referring to soil or coco.

I just took this picture. These girls were the stunted ones. They are in 2gal fabric pots, auto fed a 0.4EC, 2X a day, until a good amount of runoff. Canna coco with some perlite and EWC thrown in. They have had one tea feeding. They have at least quadrupled in size over the last 7 days. The Cinderella 99 in the middle is the star and always noticeably bigger each day I look.

Plain or lightly amended coco must be fed at least once daily. When you get into the blended stuff like FoxFarms CocoLoco, the feeding/watering wet/dry cycles gets a little more complicated if you don’t understand what you’re getting into. Basically to be successful in coco you need to do three things;

1. Keep the coco amendments to a minimum at first.

2. Keep the feed solution in the reservoir in check (EC low and slowly increase, pH 5.8-6.2, temp 68-71*f). I check mine daily.

3. Keep the coco moist all the time. Drying out is bad in coco (that’s a soil thing). At least once a day feedings. I do twice a day in veg and 3 or 4 a day in flower.

Those three things will get you to harvest. Then as your experience and understanding grows you can start messing around with different inputs and techniques.

980B58AE 4DB2 4485 A484 D28A5D695917
houseofgas

houseofgas

I know it’s confusing sometimes. Especially when you get people explaining their methods, and you don’t know if they’re referring to soil or coco.

I just took this picture. These girls were the stunted ones. They are in 2gal fabric pots, auto fed a 0.4EC, 2X a day, until a good amount of runoff. Canna coco with some perlite and EWC thrown in. They have had one tea feeding. They have at least quadrupled in size over the last 7 days. The Cinderella 99 in the middle is the star and always noticeably bigger each day I look.

Plain or lightly amended coco must be fed at least once daily. When you get into the blended stuff like FoxFarms CocoLoco, the feeding/watering wet/dry cycles gets a little more complicated if you don’t understand what you’re getting into. Basically to be successful in coco you need to do three things;

2. Keep the feed solution in the reservoir in check (EC low and slowly increase, pH 5.8-6.2, temp 68-71*f). I check mine daily.

3. Keep the coco moist all the time. Drying out is bad in coco (that’s a soil thing). At least once a day feedings. I do twice a day in veg and 3 or 4 a day in flower.

Those three things will get you to harvest. Then as your experience and understanding grows you can start messing around with different inputs and techniques.
You’re right I wasn’t feeding daily, and upon transplant I was barely getting ANY run off.. I’m about to mix my res now, feed until 20% run off. When I first transplanted I think they exploded for the first 2-3 days before the salt build again! I’ll throw up some more pics tmz. I might feed 2x just to further remove any more salts that’s causing the stunt. I’ll be back.. Thanks again.

houseofgas

houseofgas

Sorry for the the threads here there and every where lol. Just wanted some quick response. Thanks.

houseofgas

houseofgas

Photo taken on Tuesday.
CC0916F1 4694 49A5 B73B 3060307666AB

Photo taken this morning. 4days growth.
A0F9C397 CF6A 4133 99FC C4407E080C22

Back left just stays green and grows no matter what! She’s a trooper! That’s p#1. Front right is p#2 and I broke the tap root when planting, she didn’t brake surface for like 4-5 days then exploded and over took everything else apart from p#1

houseofgas

houseofgas

Photo taken on Tuesday.
View attachment 833010

Photo taken this morning. 4days growth.
View attachment 833011
Back left just stays green and grows no matter what! She’s a trooper! That’s p#1. Front right is p#2 and I broke the tap root when planting, she didn’t brake surface for like 4-5 days then exploded and over took everything else apart from p#1
I gave them all 400ml at 560ppm 5.7ph with a 200ml run off, the run off measured 600ppm and 6.5-6.6ph. I think I’ll repeat this later today just to get that ppm down a bit more. Maybe not as much, maybe 200ml

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I gave them all 400ml at 560ppm 5.7ph with a 200ml run off, the run off measured 600ppm and 6.5-6.6ph. I think I’ll repeat this later today just to get that ppm down a bit more. Maybe not as much, maybe 200ml
My early veg feeds are around 400 ppm and climb to 650 ppm max in bloom. I've never found that run-off pH in coir to be an accurate measure of what the root zones pH is.
I up pot twice in my 21 day cycle from rooted cuttings. Cuttings are rooted in 3 ounce dixie cups and from there they go into 5" square pot for 10 days then to 9 liter pots (2.38 gallons) for 11 days then into the flower room from there.
DSCN0734
DSCN0941

houseofgas

houseofgas

My early veg feeds are around 400 ppm and climb to 650 ppm max in bloom. I've never found that run-off pH in coir to be an accurate measure of what the root zones pH is.
I up pot twice in my 21 day cycle from rooted cuttings. Cuttings are rooted in 3 ounce dixie cups and from there they go into 5" square pot for 10 days then to 9 liter pots (2.38 gallons) for 11 days then into the flower room from there.View attachment 833022 View attachment 833023
How many times do you feed/water per day per stage? Nice looking plants sir!

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

How many times do you feed/water per day per stage? Nice looking plants sir!
I just do single feeding per day but I've been growing in coir for 10 years so I have a good understanding of it's capabilities and nuances. For a beginner in coir I would not recommend the way I grow in coir as it takes a little experience and knowledge of not only coir but the plants themselves.

houseofgas

houseofgas

I up pot twice in my 21 day cycle from rooted cuttings. Cuttings are rooted in 3 ounce dixie cups and from there they go into 5" square pot for 10 days then to 9 liter pots (2.38 gallons) for 11 days then into the flower room from there.View attachment 833022 View attachment 833023
The third plant in your picture, is that just before you flip? How tall are they prior to flipping?

houseofgas

houseofgas

@Enforcer i see you have experience with AN sensi coco, I’m just wondering what you found when you used ph down in the line. After I’ve added 1.5ml p/L my ph is about 6.4-6 so I ph down to 5.8 then the next morning it is 6.6 I’m just wondering if this is causing me a brief lockout/deficiency over night then the next morning I adjust the res accordingly, feed, and an hour later their green again? Because in the morning they look deficient? I’ve seen a few people say that you shouldn’t adjust the ph because it messes the ph technology

Enforcer

Enforcer

@Enforcer i see you have experience with AN sensi coco, I’m just wondering what you found when you used ph down in the line. After I’ve added 1.5ml p/L my ph is about 6.4-6 so I ph down to 5.8 then the next morning it is 6.6 I’m just wondering if this is causing me a brief lockout/deficiency over night then the next morning I adjust the res accordingly, feed, and an hour later their green again? Because in the morning they look deficient? I’ve seen a few people say that you shouldn’t adjust the ph because it messes the ph technology
I responded in your other thread, but yes, stop adjusting the pH when using pH perfect nutes.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Mine was dong the same thing as yours. It was the video AN put out where they mixed up 3 batches with different source water, and all parked at 5.7 that was fucking me up. Because mine was parking in the mid 6 range and I’m using RO. So I would adjust down to 5.7 and the next day it was 6.5 again. I believe the pH perfect line is great for new growers that may not have all the knowledge and equipment (like a pH pen) yet. However, if you are like me and need to control every variable, then they are more trouble than they’re worth and I would suggest you choose a different nute line.

houseofgas

houseofgas

I responded in your other thread, but yes, stop adjusting the pH when using pH perfect nutes.
Sorry about that I’ve been medicating all morning! I’m going to bite the bullet and quit adjusting the ph, it feels so wrong tho!

Latest posts

Top Bottom