First Grow! Please Help!

• Thread starter DCNative
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DCNative

DCNative

This showed up on day 11. Should I be worried? I tried looking up what it could be but it doesn’t look like anything I’ve come across. This is my first grow but I have done TONS of research and preparation and feel like I’ve done everything right so far. I’m in a 5x5 tent. FFOF soil with about 30% added perlite. Temps 73-78 day and about 67-69 night. Humidity 60%. 18/6 light schedule. I’m using a Bestva Reflector Series 1200w LED light at a height of 18in. but after further research I will be switching out the light for a Platinum LED P600 this weekend. Any advice? Thanks!

First grow please help
First grow please help 2
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Maybe light burn, or just a random leaf dying. Just watch them. Also have a fan move those plants slightly to develop good structure.! Don’t need any nutes yet. Keep eye for root rot, cups if used too long tends to cause issue. 3-4th node development, transplant them to the larger pots you will be using , then start your veg nute or o program. Lower the light intensity, don’t need anything more then a Florescent light for this early stage.

DCNative

DCNative

Thank you. I was thinking light burn but the other plants are fine and even a couple are a little taller. Forgot to mention I do have a fan lightly blowing back and forth on them. Have not used nutes yet. Photo is day 13 from seed. I don’t plan on leaving them in the cups but for about a week but I’m judging day by day. I’ll be transplanting to 2 gal fabric pots then to 7. I have the light switched to veg only but progressively lowered it to 18" because I felt like they were stretching and it seems to have stopped and the stems are strengthening.

Buddo

Buddo

Monitor them for now, and don’t freak out by what I say next...rust fungus is possible at this stage I know this because like you I had very similar marks on leaves at the 2 week point,so down the rabbit hole of YouTube and forums I dove. are you still spraying? If so, PH 7 (mineral water) at what time? Go for lights on IMO, keep your temps steady and humidity as you stated.other than the blemish your plants look healthy and I definitely agree with the light change, you’ll be transplanting in no time.if it is Rust fungus then the safe bet is always to pull the plant (from what I could decipher on the net, maybe others would disagree), just keep an eye on it for now. I transplanted my girl with brown blemish into a 20 gal SP, if it makes you feel any better, here she is now, good luck bro, Peace.
C10AE44C 8992 4481 AA28 6C4AB0246350

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Thank you. I was thinking light burn but the other plants are fine and even a couple are a little taller. Forgot to mention I do have a fan lightly blowing back and forth on them. Have not used nutes yet. Photo is day 13 from seed. I don’t plan on leaving them in the cups but for about a week but I’m judging day by day. I’ll be transplanting to 2 gal fabric pots then to 7. I have the light switched to veg only but progressively lowered it to 18" because I felt like they were stretching and it seems to have stopped and the stems are strengthening.
I'm curious as to why you plan to transplant twice? Personally I would of started them in the 7 gal pots. Sexing is the only reason I ever started in smaller pots than my finishing pots. Transplanting slows you down.

Welcome to the farm and happy growing!
:cool:

DCNative

DCNative

I'm curious as to why you plan to transplant twice? Personally I would of started them in the 7 gal pots. Sexing is the only reason I ever started in smaller pots than my finishing pots. Transplanting slows you down.

There are a number of reasons I didn’t want to start in my final pot. Mainly because this is my first grow and I didn’t want to waste 5-7 gal of soil per seedling which may or may not have even sprouted. Also just the cost of all that soil on top of everything else I needed to get started. I’m also looking to create a dense root system as illustrated below. Maybe on a future grow I’ll start I’m my final pots.

C6BE910A 7FBD 4EAF 9C6A BF46FAF4FCED
Dbear180

Dbear180

I like to go from the cloner into 1 gals for a few weeks while I pick out winners(whether that be structure or just overall vigor of the plant) & then the winners get to go I to 7s. I always make extras cuz ya never know what might happen. It's also easier for me to maintain optimum soil moisture levels & a smaller grow footprint in a smaller pot while I figure things out. Just my preference tho, I've done it like this for a while & it works for me.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

There are a number of reasons I didn’t want to start in my final pot. Mainly because this is my first grow and I didn’t want to waste 5-7 gal of soil per seedling which may or may not have even sprouted. Also just the cost of all that soil on top of everything else I needed to get started. I’m also looking to create a dense root system as illustrated below. Maybe on a future grow I’ll start I’m my final pots.
That is an interesting illustration. I have never seen that before. I can see why your doing it this way. The theory makes good sense. But my fabric pots, at the end of last grow, I had to "work" the soil out of them, the whole thing was choked with roots. I forgot to mention how well your plants look.

If I had lots of seeds, I might do what Dbear180 is doing on selecting super good growers, but I don't. No biggie. However, my big reason for starting in my final pots is speed. I used to do it that way because there were no fem seeds and I used much smaller containers until I sexed them, then into 5 gal buckets.

I'm just on my 2nd grow using fabric pots. I grew all 5 gal last time. This time, things didn't work out exactly like I wanted, but I have 2 in 10 gal pots this time, and those are already bigger than the 3rd plant of that strain in a 5 gal. This is my first time using any bigger than 5 gal. also. Another reason, I'm lazy. No transplanting unless I can do something awesome like get another 4 to 6 oz's by doing so.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I like to go from the cloner into 1 gals for a few weeks while I pick out winners(whether that be structure or just overall vigor of the plant) & then the winners get to go I to 7s. I always make extras cuz ya never know what might happen. It's also easier for me to maintain optimum soil moisture levels & a smaller grow footprint in a smaller pot while I figure things out. Just my preference tho, I've done it like this for a while & it works for me.
I'm envious of you, and many others on here who can dedicate plenty of space for growing. I only have the one 4'x4' tent to work with, so its veg and flower. Wish I could put in a 5'x8' just for flower but no dice man. Risk.....

Dbear180

Dbear180

I'm envious of you, and many others on here who can dedicate plenty of space for growing. I only have the one 4'x4' tent to work with, so its veg and flower. Wish I could put in a 5'x8' just for flower but no dice man. Risk.....

It's nice to have a lil extra space especially with bigger plants. Prevents accidents when I'm im in there working because I can move everything around. With my old partner we would really pack em in & it was always a headache when it came to watering. Had to move half a room into the other room (which was in the dark), I let him talk me into something over our heads for the space I had. I'm much happier doing 4-5 per light & only using half the room so I have work space to move everything outta the way but still in the same room on water days.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

It's nice to have a lil extra space especially with bigger plants. Prevents accidents when I'm im in there working because I can move everything around. With my old partner we would really pack em in & it was always a headache when it came to watering. Had to move half a room into the other room (which was in the dark), I let him talk me into something over our heads for the space I had. I'm much happier doing 4-5 per light & only using half the room so I have work space to move everything outta the way but still in the same room on water days.
I think it's awesome that you have that space. It's a long story, better told privately, but we had to sell my Dad's estate. Back in 96. If that hadn't happened, I would have space, Lol. He had 51 acres, 2 houses, and a big barn. I'm still living adjacent to what was his, within sight of the house I was raised in. But I moved back 13 years ago after divorce. Used to live in town in a big brick house.

I would be in Dad's house now by rights, and it is 2 story, 5 Br, 2 Bath, plus full basement. Then detached 28' x 40' garage, barn is 30' x 100'. So, I try not to think about that, or it would drive me nuts LOL. :cool:

Dbear180

Dbear180

I think it's awesome that you have that space. It's a long story, better told privately, but we had to sell my Dad's estate. Back in 96. If that hadn't happened, I would have space, Lol. He had 51 acres, 2 houses, and a big barn. I'm still living adjacent to what was his, within sight of the house I was raised in. But I moved back 13 years ago after divorce. Used to live in town in a big brick house.

I would be in Dad's house now by rights, and it is 2 story, 5 Br, 2 Bath, plus full basement. Then detached 28' x 40' garage, barn is 30' x 100'. So, I try not to think about that, or it would drive me nuts LOL. :cool:

Holy cannolis man sorry to hear about that. Life has a way of doing those things. At least you got your head on straight :) Nothing in life is certain but death & taxes lol.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Holy cannolis man sorry to hear about that. Life has a way of doing those things. At least you got your head on straight :) Nothing in life is certain but death & taxes lol.
Thanks man. It sucked. I was totally against it. But, what is nice now, is that I still enjoy all the land, it hasn't changed. No one has built on it, and we continue to pasture it. Lots of river frontage too. Just no where to put any plants, as the people who own it, and others, can see most of it. Believe me, if there was a way, I would of already found it. I had a hiding area outside for several years until I cleaned up this chain linked in area, now its all clean and mowed. Fence is gone.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Day 19! They all looking good. Got them under the P600 and they loving it. Gonna get another one soon.
Looks good, temp and humidity look good, very neat set up. Plants look very happy. Good job.
(I run 2 600w lamps that has a par rating of almost 1500 on each lamp at 18" distance. The lamps each pull 385 actual watts)

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I plan on main-lining. Im looking for 4lbs+. Am I overestimating?
LOL. Probably. What strain are those again? 5 gal FFOF soil? What size tent? Lots of variables. How big you let the plants get before flowering, etc. No one knows what they are going to yield until harvest is approaching.

DCNative

DCNative

5x5x6.5 tent. Pot size is gonna be 7 gal. I’m in no rush I can let them veg a bit longer. Strain is Skywalker OG. Lol maybe I do have my hopes a little too high. Hopefully 2lbs at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom