SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Watering schedule
Day 1 - feed
Day 2 - no feed/water
Day 3 - water
Day 4 no feed/water
Day 5 - feed

This is the routine im going to be following , 1 gallon of water each water or feed per plant . Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated
IMHO, you shouldn't follow a schedule or set amount when watering. This is what I do. Mix your nutes up, then pH it if you want. Put it in a watering can. Water until you get a little runoff. There is no set amount of water. I grew the same strain, in the same soil, and same size pots, and I had one plant that always took one gallon until runoff, and 2 others always took 2 gallons until runoff. Lift your pots and only water them again when it feels light.

Koltivation

Koltivation

All i’ll say is you don’t need a schedule to feed imho. In coco and all froms of hydro, scheduling may be important but soil will retain the nutrients. People change out reservoirs with still unused nutes in them. You flush coco or get a good runoff so most of the unused nutes will leach. Soil will hold these nutes. You can follow parameters like how green they are, how well they are blooming, does the stems show discoloration and so on. In a couple of grows with the same strains you will know what it wants? When it wants? How much it wants?

This is just my two cents by the way. I’m sure you can do well with feeding in every watering too. I did, when i got caught up in all that bottle hype. Not trying to say you will not get a yield boost but i’m just trying to say there is a balance between the yield gains and the money leaving your pocket.

One other aspect and the most important one, is that once the plant takes all those nutrients in, there is no way to flush it out. It will stay inside and you’ll need to wait for them to brakedown naturally to get a nice smoke (sometimes you will never get it). Since soil retains all these nutes its better to feed only when needed.

Also there is a problem associated with heavy metals. Especially phosphate seems to carry some heavy metals when not properly sourced. And these will stay in the soil and in the plant too. Cannabis is an hyperaccumulator (which means it can function without showing any symptomsof toxicity even when there are high concentrations of heavy metals in its tissues). So you’d never know without a lab test.

Not saying this is a very probable thing to happen as you’re using good nutrients and fresh clean peat that are probably tested for this shit but it is certainly something to think about and a reason to go only as high as needed.

Sorry, one thing led to another and i drifted off and starting to search for studies i read and stuff. It’s just how “i” work :D

All in all, you’re fine either way. That feeding schedule should be good imo if you want to stick with a schedule :) dosage is important too so don’t start with the full strength.
Great info ! Thank you ill take this into consideration !

Koltivation

Koltivation

Does anyone have a way to drain the drip trays quick and effectively? Like a pump or something ? I have been scooping the water out with a cup and althought i dont mind doing that its a little time consuming and theres got to be a quicker solution

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Does anyone have a way to drain the drip trays quick and effectively? Like a pump or something ? I have been scooping the water out with a cup and althought i dont mind doing that its a little time consuming and theres got to be a quicker solution
If you're looking for something really cheap, there are these gas siphons, where you just pump it, and it sucks water from one end and out the othe Or you could use a shop vac.

D5872d4d ad5c 49cd b5fe 75fa146f656b 198e7f08fd223a7a284dc85ae8878c9cd
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

If you're looking for something really cheap, there are these gas siphons, where you just pump it, and it sucks water from one end and out the othe Or you could use a shop vac.

This if you’re on a budget and who isn’t :)
Or a wet vac should do the job too if you have one.

Koltivation

Koltivation

Is this how pistills r suppose to look when they start growing ? Or is my plant a hermaphrodite , they were all feminized seeds i might just be overreacting as a new grower

4E73348F 7B27 422E 9A6D 8DFBD1AC4856
C4CBF61C 7838 4A04 B2D6 04C8B9AB936A
Koltivation

Koltivation

Here is an update of the plants , seems as if the top right happened to be an autoflower since it is flowering early

EB61D214 29CE 4B0D A96D D6399CC28381
Madmax

Madmax

Still hard to see propper.ive grown quite alot of plants that shoot out little bits of growth from those areas and have had it continue for a couple more steps then disappears.just looks like baby leaf growth and never turns out to anything.i cant make out what it is..

Koltivation

Koltivation

Still hard to see propper.ive grown quite alot of plants that shoot out little bits of growth from those areas and have had it continue for a couple more steps then disappears.just looks like baby leaf growth and never turns out to anything.i cant make out what it is..
Im sure your probably right and im just overreacting , the rest of the plant is growing perfectly fine tht was the only spot i noticed that .

chemistry

chemistry

They look like pistols and not a hermie, if it herms you will have balls and pistols or flowers and nanners.

Madmax

Madmax

I think you might b right Chem.i do see now the what resembles a hair facing downwards

You can pull that off and take a better pic of it under a normal light..

chemistry

chemistry

Around 6.2-6.4 , how do i fix this ?

How much do you feed at a time in gallons? Drop you PH down to 6.0 and feed 1ml of Cal/Mag to a gallon in with the normal amount you normally feed, just this one feed. Then feed as normal. You should see an improvement in 3 days. What's the PH of the water your using?

Top Bottom