First Grow Sunset Sherbert And Superglue

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I'm not aware of a soil specific root wizard. As far as I know, the Emerald Harvest line is good for hydro and soil.

Yes, the EH line is good for hydro and soil, I use it in both, however, it is geared more towards hydro. And as far as root wizard goes, it doesn't work in soil very well at all unless you get the soil specific root wizard, called Root Wizard Dry

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Yes, the EH line is good for hydro and soil, I use it in both, however, it is geared more towards hydro. And as far as root wizard goes, it doesn't work in soil very well at all unless you get the soil specific root wizard, called Root Wizard Dry

Also - you may have to call Emerald Harvest to order Root Wizard Dry. Or have your local hydroponic supply store order it for you, it's a relatively new product which is why you probably never heard of it.

Good luck on your grow and let us know if you need any more help. Keep the pics coming! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Phylex

Phylex

Day 27 - New update New problem. (First Indoor Grow Hurdles)

I've determined today that I have a minor case of powdery mildew. It's not bad, and it has been present for awhile. I originally thought it was dried salts from my foliar feeding. I only foliar fed the plants during week 1 and/or 2. I have some Flying Skull Nuke Em' laying around. So I cracked open the bottle and applied it today @ lights out. I re-directed the upper oscillating fan more towards the tops and changed the setting from low to medium. My plan is to apply it every 2-3 days a few times. Does that sound about right?

Watering frequency is under control. Temps regulated to 70-78 degrees. Humidity is between 45-65%. Other than that, growth has been good IMO. Today is day 5 of week four and I plan to veg for 6 weeks. I just set the SCROG up today.

Day26
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You need to kill the airborne spores also. Spray a light mist through your fan blades to disperse through out the tent.

Phylex

Phylex

Update: Week 6 Day 1 today: Super Glue rebounded and is thriving. Sunset Sherbet is finicky and is taking some time. I've noticed the Super Glue loves all of the training and responds well. The Sunset Sherbet is on par being finicky with training as well. I wanted to flip to flower yesterday, but decided it wasn't the right time. I need to get the girls completely healthy before I flip. I have some purpling streaks I want to rid them of. I changed the watering/feed. I'm cutting back significantly on the nutes and watering more/less often. I'm gathering the Emerald Harvest feed schedule is tailored specifically for hydro and is way too strong for soil. Live and learn. First pic is the Super Glue. The second pic is the sad Sunset Sherbet.

Day35R
Day35L
Phylex

Phylex

My soil PH is drifting. I'm putting in 6.5-6.6 and it's coming out 6.7 - 6.8. I tried flushing with just water (ph 6.3) to bring it down. I can't get it below 6.7, and I've ran about 6-7 gallons of 6.3 through 3 gallon pots. The run off is staying right around 6.7. Is that normal and ok? I was trying to get my run off down to 6.5. I know 6.8 is ok, but I'm concerned about the drift between waterings.

Phylex

Phylex

I finally flipped to flower two days ago. I ran 500w for the first four weeks of veg. I bumped it up to 750w the last two weeks of veg. After flip my buddy called and asked, "So they're finally under 1000w?" I was so excited to finally flip, I completely forgot to bump the lighting up. lol It's getting real and real exciting. I can't wait

Phylex

Phylex

Day 5 of flower - I discovered clothes pins work great for training. My netting is 4" squares so they've been coming in handy to help directionally train my plants when the branches aren't quite long enough to tuck.

IMG 8055
IMG 8056
Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

Overwatering crossed my mind. The initial flush keeps the soil saturated for quite sometime considering the clones going into 3 gallon pots and the roots contained to the rock wool at first. I read somewhere that the soil can draw moisture out of the rock wool and that it can dry it out rather quickly. My thinking was to only add a little bit of water (2.5 cups on day three) to moisten the rock wool knowing the soil was most likely still saturated. I'm used to watering outdoors with 5 gallon jugs once per week, so 2.5 cups seemed like only a little bit. However it may have still been too much. On Day 6 I tried moistening the rock wool again. This time I decided to try less, 1.5 cups, because I was waiting for some supplies to be delivered the following day for the next watering. I was concerned with the leaves drying out thinking they weren't getting enough water, or they were nutrient deficient. I probably made every mistake imaginable in the beginning regarding the watering schedule. I'm trying to figure out the right amount to get on a three day watering schedule. Also, I won't be flushing so hardcore in the beginning next go around. The soil I'm using was nearly bone dry. I have bags of it I purchased in July. It's a custom mix from the hydro store I go to. However next time, I'll most likely just pre-moisten it in a tub and then fill the pots with it.

Since indoor and the set up is brand new to me, it took me about a week or so to work through the internal conditions. I think I have finally solved that issue. The temps should be maintained in the high 60's-70's moving forward. Just one of many hurdles I've had to overcome. It's definitely a process and a reality check. I thought I had a great plan and was going to kill it on my first indoor grow. But this has been a bitter/sweet experience so far only 12 days in. Getting the plants healthy and strong has been an uphill battle I'm still fighting. Live and learn I guess.
Imo def overwatered and the ph and the lights up and down......PH can make the girls look like they are deficent, then people drowen them in calmag to bring the color back. But it dosent come back. A 500 hps no matter the heat if taken from 24 inches and brought to 16 in a day or 2 can totally trwist youre leaves and the rest of it. Its to much light to quick, sounds like you brought threw 3 differant spectrums in 3 days, which will def mess with the leaves.

The PH in media shouldnt never be below 6.1 imo, i run 6.2 all fir uptake reasons.. If your dumping 5.9 PH and its coming out the bottom at 7.0 Then the girls are eating 7.0 and shouldnt be over 6.8 imo.
Which tells me your media is packed with something that takes it from 5.9 to 7.0 is a huge differance. I pour 6.2 in and its always 6.2 out sometimes 6.1 if i feed hard the time before.
Over watering and wrong PH can make them look deficent when they arent at all imo.

When you switch from 500 to 1k and keep the plants 16 inches away, the same distamce as your veg from the light they will fry imo.......16 inches from a 1000 os super close. Your at the top of the spectrum and cant start you flower at the end of you veg.. i keep my veg at 400 watts hps appox 4 ft to start, then when it reaches 24 inches from the light its time to go into flower.......The i keep it appox 4ft from the 600 hps and it stretches to about 24 inches from the 600, so i know its in the same spectrum that the veg was in.. I domt let it stretch any closer then 20 inches. Any higher and it gets to much light and starts twisting like youre pics, any lower and the returns arent as good.
The best thing ibe done growing is learning my light spectrums..
If 2 ft from the emd of veg, to 2 ft fully stretched to the same 2 ft umder flower it gets its 200 watt more for flower, which is all you need imo. 500 to 1k is a huge imcrese so they may twist alittle umder 1k anyway cause your more then adding 200 watts to flower and may need to keep them 32 imches away.
Maybe veg at 750 and flower at 1k......JMO. Best of luck !

20170220 024133
Phylex

Phylex

And the hits just keep on coming. After I thought I eradicated the early onset of PM weeks ago, it has returned. It was only mildly on 2 of 6 plants. I stopped treating it thinking it was gone and I haven't seen any signs of it for the last 2-3 weeks. It showed back up yesterday on a couple of leaves. I hit it last night just before lights out with Nuke Em. I drenched all of the plants, sprayed through the fans, and all around the tent. I think I'm going to need a consistent maintenance regiment throughout this grow to keep it at bay. I'm thinking once its under control, hit it once a week. But I need to confirm how to handle the application once the flowers start to develop.

To add insult to injury, my space heater took a crap in the middle of the night. When I checked on them this morning, my tent temp was 45 degrees. I ran out to Home Depot and bought a new space heater. So that issue should be fixed moving forward.

Never a dull moment.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
And the hits just keep on coming. After I thought I eradicated the early onset of PM weeks ago, it has returned. It was only mildly on 2 of 6 plants. I stopped treating it thinking it was gone and I haven't seen any signs of it for the last 2-3 weeks. It showed back up yesterday on a couple of leaves. I hit it last night just before lights out with Nuke Em. I drenched all of the plants, sprayed through the fans, and all around the tent. I think I'm going to need a consistent maintenance regiment throughout this grow to keep it at bay. I'm thinking once its under control, hit it once a week. But I need to confirm how to handle the application once the flowers start to develop.

To add insult to injury, my space heater took a crap in the middle of the night. When I checked on them this morning, my tent temp was 45 degrees. I ran out to Home Depot and bought a new space heater. So that issue should be fixed moving forward.

Never a dull moment.
You have to stay proactive with pm, mites and any other pests that want to invite themselves into our cozy environments. Put yourself on a weekly routine to maintain a safe environment for your ladies and yourself. Remember to rotate your treatment for pests. You donā€™t want pests to became immune to your treatments.

Phylex

Phylex

You have to stay proactive with pm, mites and any other pests that want to invite themselves into our cozy environments. Put yourself on a weekly routine to maintain a safe environment for your ladies and yourself. Remember to rotate your treatment for pests. You donā€™t want pests to became immune to your treatments.
Thanks for the homework assignment. I guess I have more to learn and products to buy. lol

I just have Nuke Em, AzaGuard, and Green Cleaner now. I haven't used the Azaguard other than cleaning the clones before I put them in the tent. I've never used the Green Cleaner. (I think thats what its called. they were free samples) I guess I need to figure out how and when to use them. What its used for, and how much to mix. Thanks Diesel. I still have presents I need to wrap today. lol

Phylex

Phylex

Flower Day 9 update - Last 24 hour high 75 degrees with an overnight low of 65. RH was 48-55 percent.

Plants on the right side are Gorilla Glue #4 x Gelato 45

Plants on the left side are Sunset Sherbet (they've been difficult for me)

All treatments and feeds have been the same

FlowerDay9
FlowerDay91
FlowerDay92
FlowerDay93
FlowerDay94
FlowerDay95
FlowerDay96
Phylex

Phylex

Update: Flower Day 15
Tent: 5'9" x 5'9" x 6'9"
SCROG netting: 6" x 6" squares
I did my best keeping the canopy even. For the most part, I'm going to let them do their thing from here on out
Here's some window shots

FlowerDay15
FlowerDay15 1
FlowerDay15 2
FlowerDay15 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom