First Grow Sunset Sherbert And Superglue

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

Thanks brother. I hope so. I'm not looking forward to trimming all of it. I might have to buy one of those bowl trimmers.
looking good bro. How long till they're done? Roughly
When I use to trim straight after cut it would take me hours and I sware I use to start feeling fucked like I smoked to much, id have to get up and walk away from it all for a moment. Anyone else start feeling a bit mash up when they trim wet?
Ive been hanging whole plants now and trimming before jarring.

Phylex

Phylex

looking good bro. How long till they're done? Roughly
When I use to trim straight after cut it would take me hours and I sware I use to start feeling fucked like I smoked to much, id have to get up and walk away from it all for a moment. Anyone else start feeling a bit mash up when they trim wet?
Ive been hanging whole plants now and trimming before jarring.
I'm guessing I have approx. 3-4 more weeks. I'm in the middle of week 5 and the Super Glue "says" 7-9 weeks. The Sunset Sherbet says 8-9. I'll have to watch the trichomes. I'm shooting for 10-15% amber.

My outdoor last summer I harvested at different times. So it wasn't all at once. I tried both methods of trimming, dry and wet. I think I'm a leaner more towards dry trimming just before the glass jar cure. I take the fan leaves off though, right before I hang them. But even trimming a plant at a time, after a few hours I was spent from the monotony of it. Its fun and intimate for the first hour. After that, it's like she wants to cuddle while I'd rather go do something else. I have to mention, my outdoor plants were tiny at that. I started really late in the season and it was my first attempt at growing in over 20 years.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

A few pounds? I'd be shocked if I was able to pull off one pound. I'd be over the moon if it was a few.

I'm guessing I have approx. 3-4 more weeks. I'm in the middle of week 5 and the Super Glue "says" 7-9 weeks. The Sunset Sherbet says 8-9. I'll have to watch the trichomes. I'm shooting for 10-15% amber.

My outdoor last summer I harvested at different times. So it wasn't all at once. I tried both methods of trimming, dry and wet. I think I'm a leaner more towards dry trimming just before the glass jar cure. I take the fan leaves off though, right before I hang them. But even trimming a plant at a time, after a few hours I was spent from the monotony of it. Its fun and intimate for the first hour. After that, it's like she wants to cuddle while I'd rather go do something else. I have to mention, my outdoor plants were tiny at that. I started really late in the season and it was my first attempt at growing in over 20 years.

I got 15lbs off 5 plants last summer, 11lbs off 6 the year before. This is my first indoor grow, I have no idea how to judge the weight of an indoor canopy. I think my 3 little tent girls have maybe an oz or so combined, maybe 3. If they were outdoor plants I wouldn't count 75% of the popcorn on them though.

I've been a trimmer for a while so I'm used to it but it does get harsh after some time. (Not a very good trimmer, HAHA. I'm too picky and OCD, and take way too many cigarette breaks.) My record is 10 days almost non-stop the summer before last. The first time I grew my own garden. After I trimmed the first 4.5lbs (10 days) I ordered a 19" bowl trimmer. I rough trimmed over 6lbs in one night. After that I was able to finish trim 1lb every 8hrs (2lbs if I absolutely had to). That's 2-4oz hr and I'm very obsessive about a close trim without removing good material. Bowl trimmers are a God-send. I know some say they kief the weed but so does any kind of trimming. They are so worth it, and you can kief dry weed with them if you need to. They also knock loose a lot of those random beans before they make it to your pipe. All I have to say about the people who say they only hand trim is, "they don't know how to grow", hahaha, JK.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Oh, and I was going to tell you...

You live in a spectacular grow zone. You plant those outdoor girls on time or tent start early and they can get huge. We are in some of the best weed growing zones in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled 20lbs out of six 200gal pots if you used em. I really like the ones I got from my cousin, and I think they are the secret to my success. Make sure you have trellis materials ready.

Phylex

Phylex

I got 15lbs off 5 plants last summer, 11lbs off 6 the year before. This is my first indoor grow, I have no idea how to judge the weight of an indoor canopy. I think my 3 little tent girls have maybe an oz or so combined, maybe 3. If they were outdoor plants I wouldn't count 75% of the popcorn on them though.

I've been a trimmer for a while so I'm used to it but it does get harsh after some time. (Not a very good trimmer, HAHA. I'm too picky and OCD, and take way too many cigarette breaks.) My record is 10 days almost non-stop the summer before last. The first time I grew my own garden. After I trimmed the first 4.5lbs (10 days) I ordered a 19" bowl trimmer. I rough trimmed over 6lbs in one night. After that I was able to finish trim 1lb every 8hrs (2lbs if I absolutely had to). That's 2-4oz hr and I'm very obsessive about a close trim without removing good material. Bowl trimmers are a God-send. I know some say they kief the weed but so does any kind of trimming. They are so worth it, and you can kief dry weed with them if you need to. They also knock loose a lot of those random beans before they make it to your pipe. All I have to say about the people who say they only hand trim is, "they don't know how to grow", hahaha, JK.
Yeah, I got the bowl trimmer idea after reading your journal. I realized, I need one of those after reading how much you accomplished in one night. That was dry though correct? It wasn’t a wet trim if I recall.

Phylex

Phylex

Oh, and I was going to tell you...

You live in a spectacular grow zone. You plant those outdoor girls on time or tent start early and they can get huge. We are in some of the best weed growing zones in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled 20lbs out of six 200gal pots if you used em. I really like the ones I got from my cousin, and I think they are the secret to my success. Make sure you have trellis materials ready.
I was actually thinking about rototilling and planting strait into the ground. Is there a benefit to a 200 gal. pot vs. directly into the ground?

Phylex

Phylex

And yeah, with the veg rack set up indoors now, I wanted to get a head start in veg and plant some good sized girls outside when the right time comes.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah, I got the bowl trimmer idea after reading your journal. I realized, I need one of those after reading how much you accomplished in one night. That was dry though correct? It wasn’t a wet trim if I recall.

Dry, but my machine came with a serrated wet trim blade. I'd do it very very fresh or it'll be a mess.

I was actually thinking about rototilling and planting strait into the ground. Is there a benefit to a 200 gal. pot vs. directly into the ground?

I use smartpots (fabric), and yeah, there are a lot of advantages (also, it may not be legal for you to plant in the ground). Better drainage, can flush nute locks easier, almost impossible to over water, no naturally occurring soil pests, and the roots air prune for increased branching and better nutrient uptake. Increased root branching also means good water conservation and no root binding. SeaGreen should help with water utilisation as well.

And yeah, with the veg rack set up indoors now, I wanted to get a head start in veg and plant some good sized girls outside when the right time comes.

I started with seeds in Feb last year and my biggest plant was 14' tall x 10'wide. Make sure to give yourself room if you use 100-200gal smartpots. You need at least a few feet of clearance around each pot, just for the plant. You'll have so much weed you won't know what to do with it all. I suggest diversifying your girls into 5-6 diff strains if you do it that way so you don't get sick of the weed, hehe. Another advantage to starting beans that early is culling males earlier. I think your rack is big enough for that early, maybe. You might have to use your grow room.

Phylex

Phylex

My biggest obstacle is watering. At some point I’m certain I might have to study up
Dry, but my machine came with a serrated wet trim blade. I'd do it very very fresh or it'll be a mess.

I use smartpots (fabric), and yeah, there are a lot of advantages (also, it may not be legal for you to plant in the ground). Better drainage, can flush nute locks easier, almost impossible to over water, no naturally occurring soil pests, and the roots air prune for increased branching and better nutrient uptake. Increased root branching also means good water conservation and no root binding. SeaGreen should help with water utilisation as well.

I started with seeds in Feb last year and my biggest plant was 14' tall x 10'wide. Make sure to give yourself room if you use 100-200gal smartpots. You need at least a few feet of clearance around each pot, just for the plant. You'll have so much weed you won't know what to do with it all. I suggest diversifying your girls into 5-6 diff strains if you do it that way so you don't get sick of the weed, hehe. Another advantage to starting beans that early is culling males earlier. I think your rack is big enough for that early, maybe. You might have to use your grow room.
my rack should be good. I can veg 24 1 gallon pots, or 12 decent sized plants. I’ll have room when that time rolls around. I’m trying to do the math now on how much it would cost to fill 1200 gallons of soil. Lol

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

My biggest obstacle is watering. At some point I’m certain I might have to study up

my rack should be good. I can veg 24 1 gallon pots, or 12 decent sized plants. I’ll have room when that time rolls around. I’m trying to do the math now on how much it would cost to fill 1200 gallons of soil. Lol

Try to get em as close to full as possible. It appears to me that how much soil is in the pot has a direct effect on plant sise. I get about 8hrs of direct sun. I water 60gal(10 ea) every 2-3 days during veg. It tapers off a lot in the fall. You probably won't have to water as much as I do. I live in an arid zone. With the right mix of dirt and Primordial food I don't think you'll need anything else. Pretty sure it's worm safe so you should be able to build up enough biologicals for a no till considering pot sise. I'm working towards that. Hopefully this will be my last amendment season.

Phylex

Phylex

Try to get em as close to full as possible. It appears to me that how much soil is in the pot has a direct effect on plant sise. I get about 8hrs of direct sun. I water 60gal(10 ea) every 2-3 days during veg. It tapers off a lot in the fall. You probably won't have to water as much as I do. I live in an arid zone. With the right mix of dirt and Primordial food I don't think you'll need anything else. Pretty sure it's worm safe so you should be able to build up enough biologicals for a no till considering pot sise. I'm working towards that. Hopefully this will be my last amendment season.
I just noticed my last post didn’t fully erase something I was writing. So I’ll expand now about the watering being an obstacle. I was talking about when I take a summer vacation or two. Watering would be my biggest obstacle and I might have to study up on some automated watering systems.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I just noticed my last post didn’t fully erase something I was writing. So I’ll expand now about the watering being an obstacle. I was talking about when I take a summer vacation or two. Watering would be my biggest obstacle and I might have to study up on some automated watering systems.

Buy a gallon counter, a hose bib attached battery operated valve with a week-long timer, and set up a set of those micro watering rings. I wouldn't go with soaker rings though they're too slow. Get the watering rings with holes or make some with hose and T splitters. Set the rings around the base of the plant. Make sure the holes are on one side and pointed toward the soil. Try to have enough holes to lower the pressure so the water doesn't dig through the soil and expose roots. Attach the counter between the hose and micro-watering hub. Count how many gallons are delivered in 20min. You dont want to flood a plant longer than 20min or you could start suffocating the roots. If you can't get all the water to them in 20min then divide it up over 2-3 days or whatever your watering schedule is.

If you can find high flow soaker rings then cool.

You also want to make the rings fairly large, or even better concentric, to reach all the roots. These are not small pots.

Last edited:
Phylex

Phylex

Buy a gallon counter, a hose bib attached battery operated valve with a week-long timer, and set up a set of those micro watering rings. I wouldn't go with soaker rings though they're too slow. Get the watering rings with holes or make some with hose and T splitters. Set he rings around the base of the plant. Make sure the holes are on one side and pointed toward the soil. Try to have enough holes to lower the pressure so the water doesn't dig through the soil and expose roots. Attach the counter between the hose and micro-watering hub. Count how many gallons are delivered in 20min. You dont want to flood a plant longer than 20min or you could start suffocating the roots. If you can't get all the water to them in 20min then divide it up over 2-3 days or whatever your watering schedule is.

If you can find high flow soaker rings then cool.

You also want to make the rings fairly large, or even better concentric, to reach all the roots. These are not small pots.
Loving the detailed solution to a potential problem down the road. You kick ass man! That's awesome

Phylex

Phylex

Update: Day 36 - Getting some nice coloring coming in. My photography skills aren't the greatest, but you can see the contrast between the two cultivars. I wish I could represent the trichomes betters in the pictures. They look so much better with the naked eye.

I just used the word "cultivar" for the first time. lol. I crack myself up sometimes.

FlowerDay36
FlowerDay361
FlowerDay362
FlowerDay363
FlowerDay364
FlowerDay365
FlowerDay366
FlowerDay367
FlowerDay368
FlowerDay369
FlowerDay3610
FlowerDay3611
FlowerDay3612
FlowerDay3613
FlowerDay3614
FlowerDay3615
FlowerDay3616
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update: Day 36 - Getting some nice coloring coming in. My photography skills aren't the greatest, but you can see the contrast between the two cultivars. I wish I could represent the trichomes betters in the pictures. They look so much better with the naked eye.

I just used the word "cultivar" for the first time. lol. I crack myself up sometimes.

I don't see anything wrong with your photography skills. Those girls look really good. Nice healthy waxy leaves.

Phylex

Phylex

I don't see anything wrong with your photography skills. Those girls look really good. Nice healthy waxy leaves.

Thanks man. I'd just like to get the nice clarity of some trichome shots in some pics. I'm holding up sunglasses over the camera lens to block out the yellow HPS. Whatever works right? lol

I'm certain the best thing to do would be to go out at night and snap some shots with lights off.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks man. I'd just like to get the nice clarity of some trichome shots in some pics. I'm holding up sunglasses over the camera lens to block out the yellow HPS. Whatever works right? lol

I'm certain the best thing to do would be to go out at night and snap some shots with lights off.

Macro shots are tough without the right equipment. If you have an interchangeable lens camera you can get extension tubes or a macro lens. You can buy clip on lenses for your phone. Magnifiers and bada$$ telephotos.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

LoL cultivar :D ya crazy bastard!

Top Bottom