First Grow

• Thread starter Meakanu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@Meakanu - I definitely experienced stunting/shock from taking my girls in and out while they were still young. Thinking I was doing them some good, only to have it backfire on me.

Welcome to the farm. Good Job so far.

@EventHorizan, damn brother that pic of your girl in flower is awesome. I didn't get a chance to pick up any +life like you had suggested earlier in my grow. I'll definitely have to on the next grow. Thinking of doing an indoor through the winter.
Appreciate it brother!

Irish063

Irish063

I made this little 2ft T5 veg light for less then $40. If there is any intest in how then I can document the process and post a little totorial when I build one for my Veg tent.
Nice man. If you are worried about the shorter one just put it up on something that will bring it up ti about the same height as the others. That way you don't have to worry about it getting blocked out. It will hit a growth spurt soon.

Yeah def put up a tutorial. i recognize some of the material. The reflector is some ducting un folded. Is that 12/3 romax? What did you use for a ballast? Nice DIY on that man.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Figure I should introduce my other three lady's sense I won't be able to hide them much longer haha.
First up is a cheese/diesel hybrid that is a project plant of mine. I got it as a clone from a friend of mine who was going to throw it out because it had sevier bug problems. Had Thrips, was covered in scales and somthing else.
I did a very extreme treatment!! First I pulled it out of its pot and rinsed off all exsisting soil from its roots. Then I mixed about 4 gallons of insecticide in a 5 gallon bucket and babtised the entire plant in the insecticide by submerging it for a few mins. Then I replanted it into a two gallon pot with fresh soil and kept it away from my other plants for a full two weeks. It lost all of its original leaves but some how survived and is now growing well considering and it's been 100% bug free! I don't expect it to yield much but I got the space so I figure I'll finish her out just cause.
I super cropped her about 10 days ago and have been doing a little LST with her also.

IMG 6289
Irish063

Irish063

Figure I should introduce my other three lady's sense I won't be able to hide them much longer haha.
First up is a cheese/diesel hybrid that is a project plant of mine. I got it as a clone from a friend of mine who was going to throw it out because it had sevier bug problems. Had Thrips, was covered in scales and somthing else.
I did a very extreme treatment!! First I pulled it out of its pot and rinsed off all exsisting soil from its roots. Then I mixed about 4 gallons of insecticide in a 5 gallon bucket and babtised the entire plant in the insecticide by submerging it for a few mins. Then I replanted it into a two gallon pot with fresh soil and kept it away from my other plants for a full two weeks. It lost all of its original leaves but some how survived and is now growing well considering and it's been 100% bug free! I don't expect it to yield much but I got the space so I figure I'll finish her out just cause.
I super cropped her about 10 days ago and have been doing a little LST with her also.
You might be surprised. I read another thread on here a while ago where some major stress happened to someone's plant (don't remember exactly what) and It did the same thing. Lost all its leaves and then bounced back like crazy. It was just a single plant. (There's another thread from Mendo Giantz that pheasants ate all the leaves during a snap frost and they grew to be monsters.) Not sure how much you will get from it either but nice job saving it!

Meakanu

Meakanu

You might be surprised. I read another thread on here a while ago where some major stress happened to someone's plant (don't remember exactly what) and It did the same thing. Lost all its leaves and then bounced back like crazy. It was just a single plant. (There's another thread from Mendo Giantz that pheasants ate all the leaves during a snap frost and they grew to be monsters.) Not sure how much you will get from it either but nice job saving it!
Right on! Yea I see it as a win/win I got the extra space this grow and rather it yields anything or not I'll still have experienced gained from trying to salvage it.

Meakanu

Meakanu

My weekly update!
Tomorrow will be 8 weeks sense the main three sprouted.
I dropped my SCROG screen down 6 days ago and got it set 10" from the tops of the larger pots. I'm really enjoying the SCROG process! Also the SCROG helps me notice how fast their growing witch is motivating! Even my slow poke in da back left corner has really grown a lot over da past week!
Another thing I did was build a bigger sugar/yeast Co2 system last Friday and have seen a noticeable increase in growth after just one full day of having that!
My three clones are doing good also, the smaller one is still small but seems healthy. My rescue clone keeps looking better and better. I topped the Alpine OG clone last Tuesday and super cropped it last Friday. It's looking really good now I think.
I'm noticing that the plants have a lot of leaves down low that arnt getting much light at all and also worried that they arnt getting enough air circulation and fear that could lead to bug issues. Should I go ahead the do some defolaging on the bottoms of the plants?
I'm thinking I'll probably flip to 12/12 in 3 more weeks!

IMG 6315
IMG 6316
IMG 6317
IMG 6318
IMG 6319
Meakanu

Meakanu

Here is the new Co2 system I put in! Works great!
I'm needing to pick up a dehumidifier soon, I've noticed my average RH had been slowly getting higher as my plants grow. Any recommendations on a "affordable" dehumidifier would be great.

IMG 6320
IMG 6321
IMG 6322
Irietime

Irietime

My weekly update!
Tomorrow will be 8 weeks sense the main three sprouted.
I dropped my SCROG screen down 6 days ago and got it set 10" from the tops of the larger pots. I'm really enjoying the SCROG process! Also the SCROG helps me notice how fast their growing witch is motivating! Even my slow poke in da back left corner has really grown a lot over da past week!
Another thing I did was build a bigger sugar/yeast Co2 system last Friday and have seen a noticeable increase in growth after just one full day of having that!
My three clones are doing good also, the smaller one is still small but seems healthy. My rescue clone keeps looking better and better. I topped the Alpine OG clone last Tuesday and super cropped it last Friday. It's looking really good now I think.
I'm noticing that the plants have a lot of leaves down low that arnt getting much light at all and also worried that they arnt getting enough air circulation and fear that could lead to bug issues. Should I go ahead the do some defolaging on the bottoms of the plants?
I'm thinking I'll probably flip to 12/12 in 3 more weeks!
I would lollipop those bottoms, your thinking is correct about that. Get some circulation and get the plants focusing on the tops.

Irish063

Irish063

Looks good. Never really consciously thought about scrogging being a grid system as well. I bet it really helps you notice growth like you were saying.
I'm really digging the sugar/yeast CO2 generator. Do you just add a small amount of sugar every few days? I understand the concept but how does it work since CO2 is heavier than air? Pretty sweet that you are already seeing some results from it. A friend of mine used some compressed CO2 on his indoor grow and said his plants exploded.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Looks good. Never really consciously thought about scrogging being a grid system as well. I bet it really helps you notice growth like you were saying.
I'm really digging the sugar/yeast CO2 generator. Do you just add a small amount of sugar every few days? I understand the concept but how does it work since CO2 is heavier than air? Pretty sweet that you are already seeing some results from it. A friend of mine used some compressed CO2 on his indoor grow and said his plants exploded.
I got a airator run into it with stones the bubbles keep it active and also help force the Co2 through my air lock. The air locks probably not needed but it also lets me know I have a solid seal on the bucket led and that all the Co2 is going up and out the right way.
Yes Co2 is heaver, that's why I have the 3 hoses venting the Co2 infront of my 16" occulting fan witch blows the fresh Co2 across the plants.
Right on about the lollipopin the plants. I was planning to do that anyway when I flipped to 12/12. I just wasn't sure if it would have any advers effect and slow down my vegitative growth.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Also I'll have to change the water yeast and sugar mix about every week. Aventually alcohol is produced and kills the yeast.

Irish063

Irish063

I got a airator run into it with stones the bubbles keep it active and also help force the Co2 through my air lock. The air locks probably not needed but it also lets me know I have a solid seal on the bucket led and that all the Co2 is going up and out the right way.
Yes Co2 is heaver, that's why I have the 3 hoses venting the Co2 infront of my 16" occulting fan witch blows the fresh Co2 across the plants.
Right on about the lollipopin the plants. I was planning to do that anyway when I flipped to 12/12. I just wasn't sure if it would have any advers effect and slow down my vegitative growth.
Gothca. That's really cool. I think I'm going to do an indoor grow this winter so I may have to try that.
From what I've read you want to not do anything for a week or two before flipping to let them stabilize so they are not trying to play recovery as they transition into flower. I guess it would also depend on how fast your plants bounce back from any kind of pruning.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Gothca. That's really cool. I think I'm going to do an indoor grow this winter so I may have to try that.
From what I've read you want to not do anything for a week or two before flipping to let them stabilize so they are not trying to play recovery as they transition into flower. I guess it would also depend on how fast your plants bounce back from any kind of pruning.
I know for sure the rooms getting plenty Co2 because if I'm in there more then 20ish mins at a time I'll start to get a head ache and feel dizzy!

Irish063

Irish063

I know for sure the rooms getting plenty Co2 because if I'm in there more then 20ish mins at a time I'll start to get a head ache and feel dizzy!
haha. Sorry, not laughing at you but yeah that's definitely a tell tale sign. Damn, that's working really well!

Meakanu

Meakanu

My first clones in my home made cloneing contraption. Seems to be working though, took the cuts about 20 hours ago and they don't look dead haha so I guess that's a good sign :)

IMG 6331
IMG 6332
IMG 6331
IMG 6332
brazel

brazel

Right now my plants are 27 days old from seed. Photo was taken on day 25.
Received a pack of three Humboldt Legacy OG Fem seeds. Germinated using wet paper towel method. 36 hours later I unfolded paper towel and all three had germanated but one had a broken tap root. I planted all three in da red cups and two days later out they came.
After about a week I noticed the one with the broke tap root was growing much faster then the other two. Weird?
Around week two I noticed the roots were coming out of the bottoms of the red cups so I transplanted them up. They showed zero signs of shock from the transplant.
On day 18 all three were showing 5 nodes so I topped them. Started seeing new brotha about 3 days later.
On day 22 I opened up my super soil that I had been cooking for about 5 weeks. Filled my ten gallon pots and transplanted all three. The SS stunk like piss and I couldn't help but think somthing wasent right. After some research I realized my soil didn't get enough oxygen and went anaerobic! So with much regret I pulled my ladies back out of the 10 gallon pots and put them back into there original 2 gallon pots. I spread I tarp out and dumped and spread the SS to dry in the sun. I left it in the sun all day and racked it many times. Then threw it all in a large bin with a lid for 3 days when I opened the bin it smelled like normal soil!
On day 25 my lady's went back into the 10 gallon pots with the Super soil. I fed them for the first time with a mix of sea kelp and fermented fish fertilizer at 50% strength. Then covered top of soil with that Natx stuff in a effort to prevent fungus nats.
That pretty much catches us up.
Here's somethings I seen.
Like it was said above your co2 exchange is lacking if you keep the door shut and no intake outtake.
Probably fixed that by now.
I wouldn't go by your dizziness to check co2 and I hate to say but co2 bucket type aren't really that useful.

Why are you topping?
In scrog there's no reason to top, you would have had more tops. When you top in stunts growth for a moment. If you would have let the plant grow, you'd have more growth.

How did you know SS had gone anaerobic??
What did you add to fix the aeration of the soil? Pumice, lava rock would be your best sources and they add trace minerals.

Why did you add lime?

Why are you checking ph?
One of the reasons
Your plants are stunted because you transplant way too much.

You're using amended super soil?
Did you buy this pre-mixed or make it yourself?
Some of my advice are based on it being amended super soil

Your using techniques from different grow Styles and combining them. That is not a good idea.

I'd ditch that gnat stuff, use bti.

Why are you adding molasses to your watering?

Sea kelp? Fish Hyd? Why are you feeding?

How high are your lights? What's the actual used watts?

I know you're a noobie so you're still learning. Where are you getting your info from?

That mycos is not very good but it works, you gotta read the strains and spore count and what it's mixed with and that's even if they list all the ingredients.

There's other stuff I notice too but I didn't remember it all maybe go through in a little while and check.

Good advice has been posted here.

brazel

brazel

I'd advise against accepting severely bug plant.
And on your first post where you germinate your seeds in paper towels that's a prime example why you don't want to do that because the Taproot will get stuck in the fibers. What are you using for seedling soil? I suspect your seedling soil it's too strong.

Incesticide?

I think you're doing way too much to your plants and you're slowing them down and it's a common mistake beginners make.

Man you are all over the place! I've been there before haha hope you don't take any of this as disrespectful or rude.

Meakanu

Meakanu

I'd advise against accepting severely bug plant.
And on your first post where you germinate your seeds in paper towels that's a prime example why you don't want to do that because the Taproot will get stuck in the fibers. What are you using for seedling soil? I suspect your seedling soil it's too strong.

Incesticide?

I think you're doing way too much to your plants and you're slowing them down and it's a common mistake beginners make.

Man you are all over the place! I've been there before haha hope you don't take any of this as disrespectful or rude.
All good bro, I stay learning.

Top Bottom