First Grow

• Thread starter Meakanu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

All good bro, I stay learning.
Rad! Knowledge is what's up!
I'll through a couple more things out and if you have any questions ask.

When your soil was anaerobic, to fix it I think you added lime, which has magnesium but your super soil should already have magnesium in it so buy adding more magnesium it binds up the soil and it doesn't let the root hairs accept macro and nutrients and all that stuff and the other thing it does magnesium will make your soil more compacted and less oxygen it will have. So you made it more anaerobic!
No worries. Gypsum will displace the Magnesium with calcium.

The soil buffers the ph automatically.
By adding ph you could get nutrient lockout.

Replacing that gnatnix stuff with mulch asap and plant some clover, it's I nitrogen fixer it'll take the gases out of the air in the leaves and then convert it and send it down the roots to the soil.
Mulch decomposes and gives life to the soil, protects from disease, save water... etc

It's hard to tell where your soils at now, if I followed correctly there's a couple of dry spells, out in the sun, in trash can, add lime and I'm not sure what else.

Make a mixture of EWC, gypsum, malted barley powder, neem meal and topdress.

Cheers

Meakanu

Meakanu

Rad! Knowledge is what's up!
I'll through a couple more things out and if you have any questions ask.

When your soil was anaerobic, to fix it I think you added lime, which has magnesium but your super soil should already have magnesium in it so buy adding more magnesium it binds up the soil and it doesn't let the root hairs accept macro and nutrients and all that stuff and the other thing it does magnesium will make your soil more compacted and less oxygen it will have. So you made it more anaerobic!
No worries. Gypsum will displace the Magnesium with calcium.

The soil buffers the ph automatically.
By adding ph you could get nutrient lockout.

Replacing that gnatnix stuff with mulch asap and plant some clover, it's I nitrogen fixer it'll take the gases out of the air in the leaves and then convert it and send it down the roots to the soil.
Mulch decomposes and gives life to the soil, protects from disease, save water... etc

It's hard to tell where your soils at now, if I followed correctly there's a couple of dry spells, out in the sun, in trash can, add lime and I'm not sure what else.

Make a mixture of EWC, gypsum, malted barley powder, neem meal and topdress.

Cheers
I agree with you that I made plenty newbie mistakes in regards to my soil. How ever I think I got Lucky on it, I have good drainage and my run off water shows a PH right around 6.0 the plants arnt showing any signs of nutrient deficiency.
If I choose to continue to grow in soil in the future I'll forsure consider your grate advice.
Mahalo for taking da time to go through my grow diarie and sharing concerns and advice! Really do aprecate it bro!

Organikz

Organikz

@FunkyG
yes you're the man. salicylic acid is what triggers rooting. truth is the hormone is inside the plant. it only need be activated. coconut water mixed with your aloe water will throw apical dominance toward rooting also.

@Meakanu
Are you aiming organic or are you using bottles? I'm confused. There shouldn't be runoff in organic growing. minimal if any. it takes time to make available nutrients in organics and when creating runoff there lies all your nutes in that little puddle of water.

Meakanu

Meakanu

@FunkyG
yes you're the man. salicylic acid is what triggers rooting. truth is the hormone is inside the plant. it only need be activated. coconut water mixed with your aloe water will throw apical dominance toward rooting also.

@Meakanu
Are you aiming organic or are you using bottles? I'm confused. There shouldn't be runoff in organic growing. minimal if any. it takes time to make available nutrients in organics and when creating runoff there lies all your nutes in that little puddle of water.
Both
I have three from seed growing organic(ish) in soil that I'm not feeding and watering every 4-5 days.
And I have three clones growing in strait CoCo perlite that I'm watering every day and feeding almost every watering.
I'm just trying to gain experience.

Organikz

Organikz

@Meakanu
That's awesome. Water only input works with a solid soil build but I like to still top dress kelp meal and neem meal once a month. Just an 1/8th cup. In my experience large pots just give best results give roots plenty of room to roam.

As far as coco there are plenty of folks with a plethora of knowledge but not i.

Meakanu

Meakanu

@Meakanu
That's awesome. Water only input works with a solid soil build but I like to still top dress kelp meal and neem meal once a month. Just an 1/8th cup. In my experience large pots just give best results give roots plenty of room to roam.

As far as coco there are plenty of folks with a plethora of knowledge but not i.
Nice! The three I have in soil are in a mix I made myself. The % of the mix is my best guess as to what i did, but prety close.
20% sifted soil from local whole seller.
20% compost from local whole seller
20% peat moss
30% perlite
10% supersoil mix from local grow shop.
I haven't top dressed them with anything but they get EM*1 microbial inocumant and malasses every other week and I'm planing on giving them some Cal-Mag next feeding in preparation for flower.
Also sprinkle some Mykos before watering time to time.

Meakanu

Meakanu

@Meakanu

I was giving them a floral spray from time to time but noticed that was giving them a little nutrient burn so I stoped doing that. But that also told me their getting plenty from da soil, so I assume.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

My first clones in my home made cloneing contraption. Seems to be working though, took the cuts about 20 hours ago and they don't look dead haha so I guess that's a good sign :)
Don't think any things wrong with the clones whatsoever, but I'd move that bucket of clones with the lid to a corner of a room. less light and low temps are key

F

FunkyG

@FunkyG

I dunno about being the man, but it sure is a lot more organic and cheaper than CloneX. :) I find that there is always a great solution to my problems without turning to synthetic stuff or pesticides. Usually it saves me lots of money, and in my opinion, works better.

Meakanu

Meakanu

My weekly update.
Potted up the two clones. I would have liked to wait longer to pot up the smaller Lilikoi clone but sense it will be going into flower with the others soon I wanted to let it get established in its final pot before flower.
The Alpine OG clone took the training well and is looking good with many tops for its size and age.
My rescue plant in the back right corner has really come to life this past week. Showing tons of fresh growth / pre flowers and looking super healthy just in time for the switch!
The three main plants will be 9 weeks old tomorrow. I was planing to flip to flower around the 25th but looking like I might have to flip sooner because I'm starting to run out of room. I'm planing on flipping this coming Friday or Saturday. I did some light trimming of the under growth last week. I am planing to get in their and really clean up the bottoms today so they have time to recover before 12/12.
Clones are showing roots!

IMG 6351
IMG 6352
IMG 6353
IMG 6354
Meakanu

Meakanu

Don't think any things wrong with the clones whatsoever, but I'd move that bucket of clones with the lid to a corner of a room. less light and low temps are key
Thanks for the advise bro. Unfortanently the door to my grow room opens to the inside and this is the only space I have available for it.
I do have a 2ftx4ft veg tent on the way that I'll be setting up in another room so probably start cloning in that.

Irish063

Irish063

I know you have a little ways To go and everyone has there preference but when it comes time to trim I would suggest getting one of these wax warmers( $7 at Walmart for scented wax). I let one pair of scissors set on the coconut oil while I use the other. When I ready to switch I just do a quick swipe on the paper towel and keep going.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Playing around with cloning strait into CoCo.
I came up with this double cup method to lock in the humidity.
All these were cut yesterday and none of them ever druped, I'm not sure they know they were even cut from da plants haha.
Will see how they look in a month
I know you have a little ways To go and everyone has there preference but when it comes time to trim I would suggest getting one of these wax warmers( $7 at Walmart for scented wax). I let one pair of scissors set on the coconut oil while I use the other. When I ready to switch I just do a quick swipe on the paper towel and keep going.
nice! I've never trimmed before in my life but I can see how that would help keep the clipahs from getting all gunked up.
Thanks for da tip bro

Irish063

Irish063

Playing around with cloning strait into CoCo.
I came up with this double cup method to lock in the humidity.
All these were cut yesterday and none of them ever druped, I'm not sure they know they were even cut from da plants haha.
Will see how they look in a month

nice! I've never trimmed before in my life but I can see how that would help keep the clipahs from getting all gunked up.
Thanks for da tip bro
Sweet Man. That sounds really cool. I'll check it out. I haven't cloned before. Thought about trying this round but just had so much going on I decided not to.

Top Bottom