First Grow

• Thread starter Meakanu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

My weekly update.
Potted up the two clones. I would have liked to wait longer to pot up the smaller Lilikoi clone but sense it will be going into flower with the others soon I wanted to let it get established in its final pot before flower.
The Alpine OG clone took the training well and is looking good with many tops for its size and age.
My rescue plant in the back right corner has really come to life this past week. Showing tons of fresh growth / pre flowers and looking super healthy just in time for the switch!
The three main plants will be 9 weeks old tomorrow. I was planing to flip to flower around the 25th but looking like I might have to flip sooner because I'm starting to run out of room. I'm planing on flipping this coming Friday or Saturday. I did some light trimming of the under growth last week. I am planing to get in their and really clean up the bottoms today so they have time to recover before 12/12.
Clones are showing roots!
I'm just curious, are looking for advice or are you wanting to trial and error?

brazel

brazel

Any advice is very much aprecated bro! I stay learning every day and continue to do my best to keep my plants happy. Of corse their is some trial and error too.
Imo it looks like your screen is pretty low.
I mean you can put it at one inch if you wanted.
My lowest I'd typically go is eight inches.
Imo, I find it easier to work in and bigger plants.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Why on earth would u spray insecticide on your plants, did u actually see pests? If u have a pest problem use food grade De earth, dust the soil, and lightly dust ur fans, when I buy fox farms sometimes there r aphids in the mix, when I start a grow I dust the soil, never had pests allso DE Earth is good 4 ur soil, it will add a little calcium 2 ur mix, I'm a closet grower and I have a 14 inch box fan on all my plants even seedlings, this makes there roots dive so the won't get blown away, it stress trains ur seedling, and ensures a nice thick main stem, all plants need airflow, 2 prevent mold, to keep ur grow area cool, 2 airate ur plants, NeverEverEverDoNot spray insecticide on a plant u intend 2 smoke, in my opinion your plants were exposed to wild temp swings, with no air flow ur plants got even hotter, u don't have a pest problem u burned ur leaves, and with the heat and lack of airflow the could not grow, this is my opinion only I make mistakes myself, and why do u top ur plant? It stresses ur plant unnecessarily and at the end I think u end up with less not more, I can see u did ur reasearch, and once u learn the small stuff ( I find it's the little things that end up in ur hair ) u will make a fine grower, don't get discouraged, if I never ever grew a plant I would start with a northern lights autoflower, it's stupid easy 2 grow, and will forgive the small stuff, this way u can see the life cycle of the plant, u won't have 2 worry about light cycles, leakes, u sit back and watch, and u will learn allot. U may have used 2 much food that 2 will burn ur leaves,northern lights is very forgiving in this way, other wise keep airflow on ur plants at all times, when feeding start at the low end so u can see how she reacts, when pruneing do it before she goes into flower this will stress ur plant so do it all at once, pruning does a couple of things, improves airflow, exposes ur tops & branches 2 more light, I take away 2 get more, I'm rambling but please do not spray ur plants with insecticide. SNOLEPERD
20171016 085845
20171016 085845
20171016 085845

20171011 090059
Meakanu

Meakanu

Why on earth would u spray insecticide on your plants, did u actually see pests? If u have a pest problem use food grade De earth, dust the soil, and lightly dust ur fans, when I buy fox farms sometimes there r aphids in the mix, when I start a grow I dust the soil, never had pests allso DE Earth is good 4 ur soil, it will add a little calcium 2 ur mix, I'm a closet grower and I have a 14 inch box fan on all my plants even seedlings, this makes there roots dive so the won't get blown away, it stress trains ur seedling, and ensures a nice thick main stem, all plants need airflow, 2 prevent mold, to keep ur grow area cool, 2 airate ur plants, NeverEverEverDoNot spray insecticide on a plant u intend 2 smoke, in my opinion your plants were exposed to wild temp swings, with no air flow ur plants got even hotter, u don't have a pest problem u burned ur leaves, and with the heat and lack of airflow the could not grow, this is my opinion only I make mistakes myself, and why do u top ur plant? It stresses ur plant unnecessarily and at the end I think u end up with less not more, I can see u did ur reasearch, and once u learn the small stuff ( I find it's the little things that end up in ur hair ) u will make a fine grower, don't get discouraged, if I never ever grew a plant I would start with a northern lights autoflower, it's stupid easy 2 grow, and will forgive the small stuff, this way u can see the life cycle of the plant, u won't have 2 worry about light cycles, leakes, u sit back and watch, and u will learn allot. U may have used 2 much food that 2 will burn ur leaves,northern lights is very forgiving in this way, other wise keep airflow on ur plants at all times, when feeding start at the low end so u can see how she reacts, when pruneing do it before she goes into flower this will stress ur plant so do it all at once, pruning does a couple of things, improves airflow, exposes ur tops & branches 2 more light, I take away 2 get more, I'm rambling but please do not spray ur plants with insecticide. SNOLEPERD View attachment 751468 View attachment 751468 View attachment 751468
Thank you for taking the time to post! Lots of good advice there bro, really aprecate it.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Imo it looks like your screen is pretty low.
I mean you can put it at one inch if you wanted.
My lowest I'd typically go is eight inches.
Imo, I find it easier to work in and bigger plants.
Thanks bro, I have the screen set about 8 or 9 inches from the top of my main three plants. I moved the two smaller clones up closer to the screen sense I want to flower them with the others and wanted to get them to the same hight as the rest of the grow asap.
Your totally right though, it’s difficult to water the two clones that I have their pots about 6 inches from screen.

12E13F36 0CB8 4EA3 9122 5958FB0AE014
brazel

brazel

Thanks bro, I have the screen set about 8 or 9 inches from the top of my main three plants. I moved the two smaller clones up closer to the screen sense I want to flower them with the others and wanted to get them to the same hight as the rest of the grow asap.
Your totally right though, it’s difficult to water the two clones that I have their pots about 6 inches from screen.
You can always use like a 3 foot long piece of 3 inch PVC as a water Channel to water through and hit the back plants or anything similar

brazel

brazel

Yeah that's a lot better view of the screen to pot ratio

Meakanu

Meakanu

You can always use like a 3 foot long piece of 3 inch PVC as a water Channel to water through and hit the back plants or anything similar
Sweet idea! I tried using a piece of clear 3/4” hose but it was about as annoying. I bet the 3” pvc would be much easier. Thanks bro

brazel

brazel

Sweet idea! I tried using a piece of clear 3/4” hose but it was about as annoying. I bet the 3” pvc would be much easier. Thanks bro
Definitely I use that for when I'm watering something that has stuff in it that would clog my pressurized sprayer

King Julien

King Julien

Definitely I use that for when I'm watering something that has stuff in it that would clog my pressurized sprayer

Yeah, I built a manifold for dispersion watering years ago that would water using a small pump I could turn on and off with a switch. It was ran off a hose that was tied to a short pole so I could reach things. It was awesome for a month or two but it clogged with minerals and wouldn't come clean even after many vinegar soakings. That was back in the soil days though.

And your plants are looking great Meakanu. Definitely interested in what comes from them. Keep up the good work!

brazel

brazel

Yeah, I built a manifold for dispersion watering years ago that would water using a small pump I could turn on and off with a switch. It was ran off a hose that was tied to a short pole so I could reach things. It was awesome for a month or two but it clogged with minerals and wouldn't come clean even after many vinegar soakings. That was back in the soil days though.

And your plants are looking great Meakanu. Definitely interested in what comes from them. Keep up the good work!
One of my bigger grows I used a 55 rubermaid trash bin, ran 1/4" tubing from bathroom sink into a float valve that I installed on the trash bin then used an submersible water pump and watering wand with a hose

Last edited:
Meakanu

Meakanu

Thank you very much for the encouragement! I’m giving it my best and have really devoted myself to it!

I’ve been thinking about making a gravity watering system with a hose connected to a 5 gallon bucket. Sense I have a full sheet of 3/4” ply wood behind the drywall in the ceiling I could simply hang it up when it’s time to water, put a valve knob of some kine on the watering end, poor the amount that I want to feed each plant into the bucket and go.

King Julien

King Julien

Thank you very much for the encouragement! I’m giving it my best and have really devoted myself to it!

I’ve been thinking about making a gravity watering system with a hose connected to a 5 gallon bucket. Sense I have a full sheet of 3/4” ply wood behind the drywall in the ceiling I could simply hang it up when it’s time to water, put a valve knob of some kine on the watering end, poor the amount that I want to feed each plant into the bucket and go.

My only warning is to make sure you get a mount that can handle the load. Water weighs roughly 8.34 pounds a gallon at 62 degrees F so 5 gallons of water is 41.70 pounds. I doubt you'd ever have a reason to put a full 5 gallons in any one bucket at a time but it's just something to keep in mind. That and multiple buckets times however many gallons being used can add up real fast.

Had a hydro op set up years ago upstairs in a house. Was running 16 buckets in DWC in a fairly small area. Well long story short, 4 gallons times 8 pounds times 16 buckets equaled enough weight to cause the floor/ceiling to sag a little under the combined weight of all that water, the 30 gallon full res tank, and all of the other equipment. The sag didn't go away after the grow did sadly.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Weekly update.
Da girls are officially in flower! Had their first 12 hours of darkness last night so I guess that makes today, (day 1 or flower?)
Everything is looking grate I think. Expecially the Alpine OG clone and the Chiesel looks so healthy now it’s hard to beleave it lost All of its leaves about 5 weeks ago!
My original three growing in soil in da 10 gallon pots will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. The one in the back seems healthy now but still not getting much node spacing.

C94B0526 98F4 4A59 B148 093EF7A19F59
BB0F0B7D 0356 4D55 A527 301B24B7BA99
B49749D5 E55C 4424 8CAA D7D9C1BBFCC3
5245259E 2D11 4C64 912F 1A987162FC62
26267642 D643 4766 A929 9205940EFAB5
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Weekly update.
Da girls are officially in flower! Had their first 12 hours of darkness last night so I guess that makes today, (day 1 or flower?)
Everything is looking grate I think. Expecially the Alpine OG clone and the Chiesel looks so healthy now it’s hard to beleave it lost All of its leaves about 5 weeks ago!
My original three growing in soil in da 10 gallon pots will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. The one in the back seems healthy now but still not getting much node spacing.
Not bad there brother!
Coming along nicely!

Meakanu

Meakanu

Not bad there brother!
Coming along nicely!
Thank you! Means a lot coming from such an experienced grower, very encuraging. Yet I must stay humble as I know I still have much to learn and I owe most of the success of this grow to all the advice I’ve received on this forum and to some of my local friends here.
I followed your lead with growing in CoCo. I have the Alpine OG, Lilikoi and the Chiesel in strait CoCo perlite.
The Chiesel is in a 7 gallon smart pot and i’v been feeding it 1.5 gallons every other day.
The other two are in 3 gallon pots and i’v been feeding them 1/2 gallon twice a day.
I got to say they have really taken off and look super healthy, growing so fast.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thank you! Means a lot coming from such an experienced grower, very encuraging. Yet I must stay humble as I know I still have much to learn and I owe most of the success of this grow to all the advice I’ve received on this forum and to some of my local friends here.
I followed your lead with growing in CoCo. I have the Alpine OG, Lilikoi and the Chiesel in strait CoCo perlite.
The Chiesel is in a 7 gallon smart pot and i’v been feeding it 1.5 gallons every other day.
The other two are in 3 gallon pots and i’v been feeding them 1/2 gallon twice a day.
I got to say they have really taken off and look super healthy, growing so fast.
you are doing a great job! They look good.. Stay the course, steady and true!

Meakanu

Meakanu

Built that gravity watering system I was talking about. If anyone wants to read how, head over to the ( General Indoor Growing ) sub forum. I attempted to post a how to, though looks like a 2nd grade ESL student wrote it.

7DE0CE2A C117 44F3 9A87 76696FCCA41D
4A0C28BA 6479 42C1 BADD 50E79CDA8D89
Top Bottom