First Grow

• Thread starter Meakanu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Meakanu

Meakanu

Any of ya guys see any major drawbacks from mounting my Dehumidifier on da wall like this?
I did it in a effort to give myself a little more room, space is limited.
It’s super secure, it falling is not a possibility.

FEF7A701 E0DF 41EE 8227 9C88E824F028
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Any of ya guys see any major drawbacks from mounting my Dehumidifier on da wall like this?
Looks good to me!

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Where is the dehumidifier pulling the air in and where is it exhausting it? I have one of those new LG 70 pints and I taped a box on the intake end, ran ducting from the box into the tent, and the exhaust comes out the side of the dehumidifier. Mine is left outside the tent; I'll grab a pic later didn't have one in my phone

King Julien

King Julien

As long as the air intakes and output aren't blocked it should be fine. One thing to keep in mind though is that those buggers produce quite a bit of heat so it won't help your tent much if your temps are already on the high side. If not I'd say you're golden.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

As long as the air intakes and output aren't blocked it should be fine. One thing to keep in mind though is that those buggers produce quite a bit of heat so it won't help your tent much if your temps are already on the high side. If not I'd say you're golden.
That was the issue I had when it was inside the tent, plus it sucked in the fabric lol

Meakanu

Meakanu

Posting my weekly update a day early because I’m planning on fishing all day tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be the end of the first week of 12/12 and everything is looking prety good I think. I do have a few questions I’d like to ask at this point.
1: I’ve been keeping my RH around 60% so far without any issues. I am planing on dropping it down to 45%-50% once I start to see bud development. Is this thinking ok? Or should I drop it down now?
2: I’ve been keeping my temps between 72-77 so far. From the research I’ve done it seems I need to lower my temps during flower phase in order to get dense buds. Planning to start dropping my night time temps down to 68 in about a week with daytime temps staying 72-77. And dropping night time temps down to 64 for the last two weeks of flower. Dose this plan sound ok?
3: I’ve continued to SCROG my plants through week 1 of flower. At this point I think my SCROG screen is about as filled out as it’s going to be and I’m planing on going through and tucking and moving tops around one more time in a effort to get spacing between buds and Get the canapy as even as posable before letting them go up.
Planing on putting a net trellis for bud support after that last SCROG sesh. Thinking I’m going to set it about 8” above the SCROG screen.
Thanks for all the tips and advice so far, thcfarmer fourm has played a huge part in my success so far!

F9ADF858 2E9C 4E74 B000 8CA9416D2510
03B4CE34 852F 4C67 A2EF 7FDFE01019CA
57D04EBE 42F7 4A57 AC9C 8EA151C59531
E2BE49A6 DA75 458F BFCD FF8A4C8B2FCB
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Posting my weekly update a day early because I’m planning on fishing all day tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be the end of the first week of 12/12 and everything is looking prety good I think. I do have a few questions I’d like to ask at this point.
1: I’ve been keeping my RH around 60% so far without any issues. I am planing on dropping it down to 45%-50% once I start to see bud development. Is this thinking ok? Or should I drop it down now?
2: I’ve been keeping my temps between 72-77 so far. From the research I’ve done it seems I need to lower my temps during flower phase in order to get dense buds. Planning to start dropping my night time temps down to 68 in about a week with daytime temps staying 72-77. And dropping night time temps down to 64 for the last two weeks of flower. Dose this plan sound ok?
3: I’ve continued to SCROG my plants through week 1 of flower. At this point I think my SCROG screen is about as filled out as it’s going to be and I’m planing on going through and tucking and moving tops around one more time in a effort to get spacing between buds and Get the canapy as even as posable before letting them go up.
Planing on putting a net trellis for bud support after that last SCROG sesh. Thinking I’m going to set it about 8” above the SCROG screen.
Thanks for all the tips and advice so far, thcfarmer fourm has played a huge part in my success so far!
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes...

Doing very well brother!
U got the exact plan you need..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

by the way it looks really good..

Meakanu

Meakanu

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes...

Doing very well brother!
U got the exact plan you need..
Sweet!
One last question, I tried pre mixing a few days of nutrients, pH’ed it and bottled it up.
I was seeing a little hint of nutrient burn on One of the plants so I took two of my (pre mixed bottles) and deluted it down. Now here is the thing, when I checked the pH after deluting it down I was surprised to see the pH had dropped down to 4.5! Expecially considering the water I used to delute it was 7.0!
So I checked the pH on all my pre mixed bottles and everything had dropped down between 4.0-4.5 , glad I descoverd this early! Is this normal? Seems I can still pre mix for a few days but will have to adjust the pH for each feeding.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sweet!
One last question, I tried pre mixing a few days of nutrients, pH’ed it and bottled it up.
I was seeing a little hint of nutrient burn on One of the plants so I took two of my (pre mixed bottles) and deluted it down. Now here is the thing, when I checked the pH after deluting it down I was surprised to see the pH had dropped down to 4.5! Expecially considering the water I used to delute it was 7.0!
So I checked the pH on all my pre mixed bottles and everything had dropped down between 4.0-4.5 , glad I descoverd this early! Is this normal? Seems I can still pre mix for a few days but will have to adjust the pH for each feeding.
That is not a very good idea there, imo...
What I would do is, make a 5 gal bucket full of nutes, ph and put a small $15 pump in there that turns on for 2 mins twice a day to keep the solution stable and mixed..
Your pH shouldnt move and you should be fine... if you need more than 5 gal buy a 15 or 27 gal tote, and do the same thing....
Down the road you can hook the tote up as dtw.................................

Meakanu

Meakanu

That is not a very good idea there, imo...
What I would do is, make a 5 gal bucket full of nutes, ph and put a small $15 pump in there that turns on for 2 mins twice a day to keep the solution stable and mixed..
Your pH shouldnt move and you should be fine... if you need more than 5 gal buy a 15 or 27 gal tote, and do the same thing....
Down the road you can hook the tote up as dtw.................................
I think that is somthing I could do on my next grow. Unfortanently I’m so all over the place on this grow having 3 plants in soil that are getting a totally different nutrient regiment then the three in CoCo and getting watered once every 3 days. And the ones on coco are in difrent pot sizes so i’v been watering / feeding them a little difrently.
Next time when I have everything going the same I’m defently going to look into the pump auto feeding.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I think that is somthing I could do on my next grow. Unfortanently I’m so all over the place on this grow having 3 plants in soil that are getting a totally different nutrient regiment then the three in CoCo and getting watered once every 3 days. And the ones on coco are in difrent pot sizes so i’v been watering / feeding them a little difrently.
Next time when I have everything going the same I’m defently going to look into the pump auto feeding.
ya im surprised you been able to keep everything on the right track.. kudos

Meakanu

Meakanu

Question:
I’m only on day 10 of flower and it looks like I’m starting to get some bud development. I wasn’t expecting this for at least another week. I don’t know if the eairly bud development is somthing I should be alarmed about or not.

93EF6E7A 0DFB 4CE0 8AF1 D2715AC8E084
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Question:
I’m only on day 10 of flower and it looks like I’m starting to get some bud development. I wasn’t expecting this for at least another week. I don’t know if the eairly bud development is somthing I should be alarmed about or not.
Its the pistols.. Female flowers...

King Julien

King Julien

Rajah bro, I understand what they are but from all the research I’ve done I was under the impression that I wouldn’t see them form until around day 20 or flower.

They seem to flower when they want to really.

Of the 5 I've got going from the same seed stock, but very different parents, I had hairs forming on 2 at least long before flowering started. Those 2 had tons of hairs within a week. 2 other plants took a week before they started showing up. Then the last one, that's still got no brown hairs at 59 days, took over 2 weeks for hairs to even show up and another week and a half before it looked like the others did within a week or two.

And absolute worst case scenario... You got the wrong strain and instead of flowering in 10-12 weeks it'll be done in 8-10 weeks. Other than that there's nothing to fear from flowers showing up early unless it's happening in veg and veg has stopped which either means an autoflower strain or simply a strain that wants more hours of daylight.

Top Bottom