First Grow

• Thread starter SweetXxreese
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SweetXxreese

What can I add to get better yield and better bud quality, I know molasses help what else is there?

S

SweetXxreese

Added some nutes two hours ago gonna check back in 12 hours to see if the boost in growth going to get a fan and some fish emulsion right now might pick up another led bulb

Monster762

Monster762

What can I add to get better yield and better bud quality, I know molasses help what else is there?
As far as nutes nothing. Lot of Light low humidity good airflow. Light is probably the biggest single thing to effect yield and quality. And everything else with the plant.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Added another 100w led bulb in my grow closet. Having a bit of problem with the humidity right now it’s at 57% with a low of 47% and a high of 95%. I turned on my ac to lower it a bit and it work two hours ago it was at 70-80 range. My temp have been more stable right now it’s at 25 degrees celcius ( 78 degrees Fahrenheit) max 36 degrees celcius( 96 degrees Fahrenheit) low 20degree celcius (68 fahrenheit)

Day 19: all plants seems to be doing well one of the blue mystic seems to be growing at a faster pace though, the white widow is starting to show some dark blue/ purple colour on the leaves.

Day 13: ever since I repotted she recovered

Day 3: still growing strong!

Picked up some nutes too, getting the fish emulsion tomorrow, these are the only ones I could find in stores except for Miracle-Gro which I heard is horrible for the girls. Planning to start feeding them in the morning then every other third watering.

Are you growing in a closet? That 36 degrees is crazy high you have to add some fans or somehow make sure it doesn’t go over 26-27 i think. When you are flowering you are going to add some lights too and it will be even higher.

S

SweetXxreese

Are you growing in a closet? That 36 degrees is crazy high you have to add some fans or somehow make sure it doesn’t go over 26-27 i think. When you are flowering you are going to add some lights too and it will be even higher.
Just picked up a fan and when it’s time to flower I’ll have around 4 more lights

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Do I leave the fan on 24/7?

Yes, if its oscilating even better but the answer is yes in anycase. Are you exhausting the hot air? I think you should. Little pc fans seems to work for lots of people.

S

SweetXxreese

Yes, if its oscilating even better but the answer is yes in anycase. Are you exhausting the hot air? I think you should. Little pc fans seems to work for lots of people.
No I just leave the door cracked a bit my temps have been the same at 25 with 30% humidity,but isn’t it supposed to be around 60% for veg stage?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
No I just leave the door cracked a bit

Those temps are going to be a problem if you dont exhaust the hot air, if i were you i would just drill 2 holes one at the bottom, one at the top on two opposite walls and place little pc fans, intake at the bottom, exhaust at the top hole. You can wire them to work with simple 12v charger is what i heard, seems pretty easy, cheap and will help with those temps for sure.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
What do I do about this?

Doesn’t seem to bad considering you had 36 degree celcius at one point. I am sure they will thrive when you get those temps under control. From my research i came to the conclusion that steady temps are the best for healthy growth, big fluctuations are worst even more so than high temps.
Also you can do a simple fermentation bottle and place it in your grow area seeing it is pretty small and these bottles are pretty easy and cheap to do. Not sure if it provides enough co2 but it couldn’t hurt.

S

SweetXxreese

Doesn’t seem to bad considering you had 36 degree celcius at one point. I am sure they will thrive when you get those temps under control. From my research i came to the conclusion that steady temps are the best for healthy growth, big fluctuations are worst even more so than high temps.
Also you can do a simple fermentation bottle and place it in your grow area seeing it is pretty small and these bottles are pretty easy and cheap to do. Not sure if it provides enough co2 but it couldn’t hurt.
Thanks! Looking for some fans right now and my humidity is fine right? Pretty sure I saw that it’s supposed to be in the 60 range

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thanks! Looking for some fans right now and my humidity is fine right? Pretty sure I saw that it’s supposed to be in the 60 range

Yeah your rh is a problem and once you start to exhaust it will probably go down a bit more. You can get a small humidifier, wouldn’t cost much i think, i am not sure but i think you can place the humidifier just in front of the intake fan and it wont occupy any space in your grow area that way, i think it would work well. I mean getting rh up is not really a problem for me i live in a place with 70% rh. Getting it to go down is harder i think.

Last edited:
S

SweetXxreese

Yeah your rh is a problem and once you start to exhaust it will probably go down a bit more. You can get a small humidifier, wouldn’t cost much i think, i am not sure but i think you can place the humidifier just in front of the intake fan and it wont occupy any space in your grow area that way, i think it would work well. I mean getting rh up is not really a problem for me i live in a place with 70% rh. Getting it to go down is harder i think.
Ill invest in one in a couple of days so for now I just place a bucket of water in my grow space it’s at 40% right now temp are the same not sure if it’s gonna be like that during the night since lights are off

prospero

prospero

Not enough power by far. Get yourself a 600 watt Dual spectrum HPS. But you will need good ventilation ( air exchange) . Only thing I would use cfl is to hang down in lower growth zone. 30 watt is very weak. I used 250 watt once but it broke lol. Never bothered replacing it. This game costs money man. Save up for better gear. In the mean time good luck with what you have. We all have to start somewhere.

S

SweetXxreese

Not enough power by far. Get yourself a 600 watt Dual spectrum HPS. But you will need good ventilation ( air exchange) . Only thing I would use cfl is to hang down in lower growth zone. 30 watt is very weak. I used 250 watt once but it broke lol. Never bothered replacing it. This game costs money man. Save up for better gear. In the mean time good luck with what you have. We all have to start somewhere.
Who has a 30 watts? All my bulbs are 100

Latest posts

Top Bottom