First Hydro Grow

• Thread starter agrohippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
agrohippie

agrohippie

I ment to ask. Could I go to 30 min feedings 4 times a day. I had this all written out it didn't seem to post the whole thing

Enforcer

Enforcer

I have not done an ebb and flow set up. But I would reason that you want to flood for as long as it takes to soak the coco thoroughly, how ever long that takes. I would imagine that 15 minutes is long enough for the coco to soak up all it’s going to. IMO, 4x a day is perfect. In flower, that’s every 3 hours.

I do a drain to waste (DTW) set up with coco in 5 gallon fabric pots and 3, 2gph drippers per pot. I run the pump 4x a day for 7 minutes each time in full flower. This soaks the coco and gives me some runoff.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I agree with enforcer: ONLY moisten long enough to wet the coco, then only rewet when it is almost dry. You could use many things to poke deep into the coco to check for wetness

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

If you investigate high pressure aero (hpa) the o/o times are ~ < ONE SECOND which is enough to moisten the roots, not soak them. I am using a low pressure areo (lpa) version wetting for ~ 1 second. Now, this technique requires deep cycle timers, but the results can be well worth the investment

If interested, visit my thread for ideas . I present it as a learning experience, so lots of errors (and corrections) are shown

agrohippie

agrohippie

I went to 30 minutes floods half way through the day. It seems to be doing alright. I don't use coco im.using a rockwool plug and hydrotron. It's mostly hydrotron the plugs were just for starting seeds

Enforcer

Enforcer

I went to 30 minutes floods half way through the day. It seems to be doing alright. I don't use coco im.using a rockwool plug and hydrotron. It's mostly hydrotron the plugs were just for starting seeds
Oh, I didn’t realize you were using Hydroton. Interesting choice. I’ve only seen people use that for deep water culture.

agrohippie

agrohippie

Oh, I didn’t realize you were using Hydroton. Interesting choice. I’ve only seen people use that for deep water culture.
It works great l. Inside each of my buckets I have an air stone also. It helps with the 1" of water left at the bottom of the buckets and I believe is also helping growth

Top Bottom