First run with greenhouse, need help!

• Thread starter shavits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shavits

What up farmers I hope all is well! Like the title says im planning on growing my next outdoor crop in a 12' x 7' x 7' green house! The main reason why I want to move to green house from straight outdoors is to PROTECT my crop from crop killing catapillars! Plus I like to learn new styles of growning and its my understanding that green house bud looks very similar to indoor if grown well! So my main concern and point of this thread is cooling and ventilation! What kinda fans or air movers should I use to cool the green house during the hot summer months of july and august? Im not worried about heat issues early in the season but I dont want to cook the plants during peak summer months! This is not a huge grow opp its more for like 6-8 plants! I live in so cal so im only allowed 6 plants but I always grow a couple extras! Any help would be appreciated!

hiboy

hiboy

So Cal in da house.......
well u got all year to plan this grow op.
if its a greenhouse with no lights then your temps will be fine,, forget trying to cool it
Get some fans to circulate air,,, also forget scrubbing that sucka
you'll have too many leaks
h

S

shavits

Yo what up hiboy glad you came threw to offer your suggestions! Yea im not going to be running any lights in the green house just mother nature! It will be a rather small grow with 6-8 plants so Ill be starting early to try and grow out some nice bushes! And I only grow indica dominant plants for height issues! The grow house ill be using has some side windows for vents so I figure atleast some sort of fan will be needed! What do u mean by scrubbing? Leaks?

O

overgrow

Greenhouse growing in southern california is great and if you veg clones indoors and time everything right you can grow at least 2 crops a year maybe three if you have some early finish strains . I have about a 13ft x 18ft greenhouse that im growing blue satellite this strain can get 13ft easy and thats clones . I have a swamp cooler for the warmer temps and it can get warm like on a hot day it can get 120 degs . My second grow is in the ground now with my first grow finishing up . Check it out and have fun .

ThuBudpumper

ThuBudpumper

I'm in socal too, almost got destroyed by caterpillars last year. I can't tell you how much I had to lop off and toss just to save what I could. They will cause some nasty rot, not to mention eat a lot! Good luck with the greenhouse, I've thought about it myself after that last experience.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

SoCal! Moved down here from the pnw about a year ago. Moving my veg room outside to a greenhouse... Give me 2 nice flowering rooms on a flipbox. Concerned about the summer heat as well. Experienced input is well appreciated! Stay upZ!

homebrew420

homebrew420

Us Bt, Bacillus thurogensis (?), standar bio control for the problems which you speak.
Essentially disrupts the larval stage digestive system and kills them dead. 100% safe and effective. Spray the whole planya down

N

NamHoang

any update on outdoor green house, we about are to do acres light dep in Coachella but concern of extreme weather condition in the deserts. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bajocassus

Bajocassus

I'm in the San Fernando valley in the super hot section. I'm using the greenhouse now. Did my veg indoors Dec. thru Jan. then put the plants in the greenhouse last week of January. I use a floor fan and two 6" clip on fans for cooling. My model of greenhouse, it's little, 6'x8'x7', comes with a single vent that, at extra cost, you can purchase a 72degree auto opener. Here's the model. Palram Nature Series Mythos Hobby Greenhouse - 6' x 8' x 7', Silver.
Temps have been low 90's and I keep the humidity high-ish, mid 70's. There was an article on the forum about low heat/low humidty vs high heat/high humidity so I chose the easiest to work with for me which was high heat/humidity.

Temp differences right now are around 20-25 degrees hotter in the GH than outside. Evenings with no heat on inside it will drop down equal to the outside temps. The plants seem to have no issues with the temp drops. We had the rains and high winds the last few weeks and there were no problems. It is a solid build although the door is a piece of shit. I am going to put large sun mesh sails covering the backyard to help with the 100+ degree days. I have the longer, angled side, facing south and it gets sun from sunrise to sunset.

Here's my grow with a few GH pics in it. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/second-grow.84951/page-3#post-1852667

badger999

badger999

Hello everyone, I'm using a greenhouse to get everything started this year,It's the first time I've tried this, started them in early march. Used a small heater and an osculating fan to keep it warm on the cold ones. I noticed I was loosing light early, at like 3:00 due to some trees, and the location of GH. Still daylight in there, but no direct light. Consiquintly, (Is that even a word, it looks weird) some of my bigger ones are starting to flower. I had this problem last year when i went from indoor to outdoor and it sucked. That is why I was starting them outdoors, to avoid that. Can I run a light to make up the hours of daylight, if so what type of light would be best? And how many hours do you run the light Pryor to putting them out in the patch? 12/12? Thank you for any insight into this matter

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You want to check your local daylight time and as soon as you have 16 hours of daylight in your area put them out. Just slowly lower your light cycle down from 18/6 or whatever to 16/8 over a few months before putting them out. 16 hours of light should keep them from flowering outdoors and your daylight will increase for a veg period before decreasing again in the fall for flowering.
Or you can suppliment with artificial light

badger999

badger999

You want to check your local daylight time and as soon as you have 16 hours of daylight in your area put them out. Just slowly lower your light cycle down from 18/6 or whatever to 16/8 over a few months before putting them out. 16 hours of light should keep them from flowering outdoors and your daylight will increase for a veg period before decreasing again in the fall for flowering.
Or you can suppliment with artificial light

Top Bottom