First Time Bho Question

• Thread starter Dachem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dachem

Dachem

My first pull and snap it's pretty clear can it get much more clear and if so any idea I was thinking of co
IMG 20171109 123835397
IMG 20171109 124230569
lumn chromatography

Graywolf

Graywolf

We've gotten transparent with virtually no color subzero extracting young Skywalkers, harvested with clear to cloudy trichomes. The exact same process on the same day produced transparent electric yellow extacts from Chem Dawg.

Looking at the mono and sesquiterpenes, most are colorless or light yellow, though the water soluble C-15 anthocyanin flavonoids can add color, at subzero temperatures they ostensibly not readily available to the solvent.

The C-21/22 cannabinoids are also white to pale yellow, and the C-30 waxes are beige, but the C-40 beta Carotene ranges from yellow to red.

Non polar solvents like LPG is not prone to pick up the green polar C-55 Chlorophyll without water present, but they will pick up brown non polar C-55 Pheophytin, which is the breakdown product of deprotonated Chlorophyll.

Sooo, if you start with material where the chlorophyll hasn't broken down, and has enough moisture content left to freeze the innards of the cells in place, so they are not available to the solvent, both the water soluble anthocyanins and the beta Carotene pickup are significantly reduced.

Dachem

Dachem

That's awesome thank you for you knowledge would love to sit down with you and pick your brain my only other question I had for you I've been searching the internet for 4 days now and and haven't really got a definitive answer most likely combination of things but I made my first winterized BHO and sticky like if I touch him something and pull string and won't break or snap I've had it under vacuum for 4 days now with he I don't know if I may have got it too hot so it decarbed so it's in a permit state of not being able to shatter up or if it's from excess terpenes because it was fresh fresh Frozen I would like your expertise on this because it's really just racking my brain I don't believe there's any water moisture in there as it's been under vacuum 28 and 1/2 in Mercury for 4 days temperature has been variable from 80 to 120 I used l 190 proof alcohol and it was filter using 44 micron Buchner funnel and it was in the freezer for 4 days before filtering at first I was thinking that it's still had residential solvent in it but I do not think that's the case I think I might have gotten a little warm so it's in a permanent sticky state do to THC being very viscous liquid at room temperature any ideas any ideas

Graywolf

Graywolf

Alcohol and cannabis resin have a love affair, so I use 120F and -29,5" Hg. It will blow huge bubbles that don't want to pop, so the higher temperature is necessary to lower the surface tension enough for them to do so.

Is there a reason that you are only at -28.5"? What is your altitude?

Dachem

Dachem

It was a brand new pump so I think it needed to get wore in I'm getting 29.5 now it stops making bubbles but still extremely thick like real cold honey if I try to pull it apart it just makes a string

Graywolf

Graywolf

It was a brand new pump so I think it needed to get wore in I'm getting 29.5 now it stops making bubbles but still extremely thick like real cold honey if I try to pull it apart it just makes a string
What kind of pump and what is your altitude?

Graywolf

Graywolf

At 669 feet, atmospheric pressure is only about 29.23" HG, so you should add .69" Hg to your gauge reading.

What will your pump pull down to deadheading?

Pressure at Altitude 1 1
Dachem

Dachem

Won't go below this I can turn the pump off and close the valves it will stay at this vacume no noticable change even hours later
IMG 20171113 124246538

Graywolf

Graywolf

Won't go below this I can turn the pump off and close the valves it will stay at this vacume no noticable change even hours laterView attachment 757447
A single stage pump should still pull to 100 microns, and we aren't seeing that, so looking at possibilities, it is either the pump, or you have a leak, or both, or your gauge is wrong, or combinations of all three.

If you can hook your gauge directly to your pump, without any other avenues for a leak, you can at least narrow it down to the pump and gauge.

Bourdon gauges take a while to settle in and have a wandering zero even then, so I always use one with a calibration screw. I notice yours doesn't appear to have one.

Ball valves typically fail at the stem seal, so you might try cranking down on their packing nut. It is under the handle, which you have to remove to gain access.

How is your bulkhead seal through the lid sealed?

Graywolf

Graywolf

PS: I would replace the hose barb with a JIC fitting and go to a JIC hose to the vacuum pump.

Dachem

Dachem

I just bought both the pump and chamber couple weeks ago so everything is new I will these improvements thank you

Dachem

Dachem

I'm going to get the JIC upgrade done but was thinking of spending money on a micron digital vacuum meter are these any good greywolf?

Top Bottom