First Time Grow

• Thread starter Hehehe23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hehehe23

I'm thinking about growing between 1 and 3 auto flower plants. I'm a first time grower and I'm just looking for advice I.e. What type of nutrients to use, how much of them and how often to water? What type of light is best and could I use tomato feed for my first grow?

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Welcome to The Farm Hehehe! There's more than one way to skin a cat... err umm I mean grow a plant lol
Lots of peeps grow with synthetic nutrients (Salt based) bc they feel its easier, and there's a myth that organics don't yield as well, which is true to an extent, but not as much as some make it seem. I personally have found organics to be much better quality without much (if any) of a sacrifice in yield, but thats also dependent on the strain.

Knowing what I know now as a grower, If I could go back in time to talk to myself when I got my first plant, I would say:
~ Start with an organic amended soil like Foxfarm ocean forest, or happy frog. It has enough food in there to feed the plant for about 30 days.
~At some point, the soil will run out of food, and the plant will get less happy. You have a couple options here, You can either transplant into a bigger container with more fresh soil, or you can start feeding with Organic Nutes. People seem to love the foxfarm trio (Grow big, Big bloom and tiger bloom)

Sunlight is the best light for plants. but if your indoors, that creates an issue, since most buildings have roofs. In that case, You have to use artificial lighting, either Compact Fluorescents (AKA CFL AKA curly q bulbs), LED (can be expensive for the initial buy), Tube fluorescents (T5HO are recommended, followed by T8/T12), or if you want to get 'serious' you can get some sort of HID (High Intensity Discharge) light, Like a High Pressure sodium (HPS), Metal Halide (MH), Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH or Ceramics).

For a long time, HID was the go-to for performance and quality, Metal Halide had the right spectrum for Veg and HPS had the right spectrum for Bloom. But now that LED tech has risen, lots of peeps use those with great results.

H

Hehehe23

Cheers man I had looked at organic at first but I wasn't sure of the yield or what the finished buds would be like.

jipp

jipp

welcome. as a noob my self.. i would not worry about yield,. just try to get the plant to flower i say.. then come up with big grand dreams of huge plants pulling zips.
go for quality and the rest will follow.. well assuming i do not kill them before chop down.

good luck.
you can folloow my mistakes if you like on m grow.

cheap ass grow.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-cheap-ass-grow.87030/
chris.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I'm going to grow northern lights.
Nice! Heavyweight seeds fast n vast is a good one too. 17-19% THC if I remember correctly, which blows the original autos out of their pots lol I think I may be hooked on auto's

H

Hehehe23

I got mine from sensi seeds. Dont know if they're any good but it was the first one I had heard of. I found a similar website but didn't know wether to trust it or not, cheers dude.

Grow4me

Grow4me

Do you have any tips on growing autos?
They're so easy, they grow themselves! You can check my grow diary. I only have one space for veg and flower so it works great for me. I veg for 4 weeks under a t5 then move them to the floor under hps 600.

Top Bottom