First Time Grow

• Thread starter Anaamv710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Anaamv710

Okay so this is my very first time doing this and I kinda did it the inexpensive way but I want people thoughts and tips on how to help this get better so I get it right my next try

Like I said this is my very first time doing this and I was going off a whole bunch of stuff off the internet

First time grow
MissBotany

MissBotany

Fan looks alright, if your leaves start to get wind burn move the fan so it's not blowing directly on the plant. I would read over the info on that website I gave you. There is too much information for me or anyone else to go over. You're set up is never going to be "perfect" but read the information and improve where you are able to.

A

Anaamv710

Fan looks alright, if your leaves start to get wind burn move the fan so it's not blowing directly on the plant. I would read over the info on that website I gave you. There is too much information for me or anyone else to go over. You're set up is never going to be "perfect" but read the information and improve where you are able to.
Okay cool thank you !

A

Anaamv710

A little update on plant I feel like it’s growing too slow I added more lights

16500226 73F8 4C8F B616 D2D0C22FD36B
F73CDADD FB98 4133 8BB7 2D6BD4F084BF
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
A little update on plant I feel like it’s growing too slow I added more lights
Light is the most essential thing for the plants grow. First of all i would definitely suggest led. I think you are using cfls still. You don’t have to buy a big led light but 14w led bulbs from philips works very well for my clones at the moment. 1 for each clone and they are doing fine, growing slow but thats what i want for now so i hung them further away from the plants than i normally do. If you get 4-5 of these and hang it above after taking the diffusers off, it will give you more light than 140watts of cfl supplies with only 70 watts. Also you can hang them higher than cfls so the coverage will be better. Also plant will not stretch too much if you go 3 daylight and 2 white, in flower you can do 5 daylight.
Other than that your setup looks fine to me tho i would take that fan down and make it blow air up from the ground level. That way it will both pull some colder air from the ground level and also it will push away the hot air from the bulbs. The way you set it up you may be pushing the hot air to you plants.

Last edited:
A

Anaamv710

Light is the most essential thing for the plants grow. First of all i would definitely suggest led. I think you are using cfls still. You don’t have to buy a big led light but 14w led bulbs from philips works very well for my clones at the moment. 1 for each clone and they are doing fine, growing slow but thats what i want for now so i hung them further away from the plants than i normally do. If you get 4-5 of these and hang it above after taking the diffusers off, it will give you more light than 140watts of cfl supplies with only 70 watts. Also you can hang them higher than cfls so the coverage will be better. Also plant will not stretch too much if you go 3 daylight and 2 white, in flower you can do 5 daylight.
Other than that your setup looks fine to me tho i would take that fan down and make it blow air up from the ground level. That way it will both pull some colder air from the ground level and also it will push away the hot air from the bulbs. The way you set it up you may be pushing the hot air to you plants.
Okay cool thank you and right now I have some UVB lights on it I was told they were better to use so I’m using one CFL light and one UVB light . I have them in a small home made box kinda thing but next week I will be switching to a tent And LED lights . How tall can my plant get ? I’m trying to see if I should get a y’all tent or if 3ft is fine

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Okay cool thank you and right now I have some UVB lights on it I was told they were better to use so I’m using one CFL light and one UVB light . I have them in a small home made box kinda thing but next week I will be switching to a tent And LED lights . How tall can my plant get ? I’m trying to see if I should get a y’all tent or if 3ft is fine
You have so much more to do before uvb. I hate to see people fail when it is very simple to grow this plant. Give it light. Thats the most basic thing and your plants will develop very fast. I don’t use uvb and my gals are doing fine. Just get those cfls and uvb off and hang 4-5 led bulbs e26 base normal bulbs and you will see big change. With 2 cfls it is not possible to get any yield imo. They will stretch endlessly when there isn’t enough light, and they will get tall, but this kind of growth is not desirable as it will leave huge gaps between nodes and there won’t be too much flower, also you will have a hard time getting good light coverage if that plant grows more than 4 inches. Cfl light is weak it will not penetrate to lower branches and you will end up with just larfy buds.
With a good light source plants can get like trees, but this happens mostly with sun, indoors you have the control. If you switch to 12/12 now at most plants will double their size, but not with those lights, they will stretch like crazy with those lights. Now if you want advice i will suggest this.
Get 5 led bulbs 14w philips is what i use but any led will work. Hang 2 6500K and 1 daylight, top the plant and get rid of anything above the third node and maybe get rid of the first node too. You will end up with 4 main colas. Veg for 2 weeks under these lights also do some lst. I mean tie the branches horizontally to expose light to the little nodes on every branch to get them growing. They each will turn into a cola when you flip. After 2-3 weeks if the plant reaches the half of the desired height flip to 12/12 and add the other 2 daylight bulbs and at 2nd or 3rd week of flowering switch 6500Ks with daylights too, so you have 5 daylight 14 watts leds. This way you will get better results imo. I am not a pro by no means but this is what i would do if i were you. All these are based on my personal experience coupled with vigorous research on the subject.
If you are going to switch to a tent and get proper lights than disregard this grow plan :) get it as tall as you can, when buying equipment it is better to go over than under. Also you will have to hang lots of things like filter and fan above so more height is better.
But you can grow that plant with you current setup if you do something similar to this, tho smell will be a problem later on.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
All I use is the cheap leds you are speaking of 200 watts worth here's one of my girls .
How much does your cheap led pull from the wall. If it is a grow light, 80-100 watts min. i think. And those leds are blurples so all the light emitted corresponds to the peak points of photosynthesis.

A

Anaamv710

OKAY sooooo the root is coming out sideways from the top of the soil ??? Any tips

4B9779DD C645 4100 A6DD F9F3FB08120A
CB4A763A D60F 473D 8BC0 0397A85C0851
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Water slower and more gently. Doesn’t matter if roots come out, they will die, it has a root system underground that is constantly growing. No worries, but don’t uncover it on purpose, just go slow while watering.

A

Anaamv710

Water slower and more gently. Doesn’t matter if roots come out, they will die, it has a root system underground that is constantly growing. No worries, but don’t uncover it on purpose, just go slow while watering.
Okay sweet thanks I added More lights and I gotta say it helped a lot thank you

A

Anaamv710

Leafs on the bottom are starting to dry out and turn yellow ? Is this normal or anything I I can do to fix this problem

B20468D5 7613 4F66 935B C5DD5B4FDF74
1BA5C979 1657 40B3 91D7 A12990086CD6
D54B8FDF CDF0 4ED6 A84D 7415B734CDB9
Top Bottom