First Time Grower/ Best Bang For The Buck /budget Grow

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

I've gone back & forth about even posting it. However I decided why not. Maybe a extra set of eyes may see a mistake coming before it shows itself to me & I start trying the fix it in a hurry approach.

First off is my current equipment list.. I tried to find what I found the best bang for my buck. I can't afford the best of everything but I also don't want to be buying throw away junk.

Tent.. iPower 48x32x60
Lights 2x Meizhi 300w leds
Kedida PH meter
3-5 gallon smart pots
1-3 gallon smart pots

Substrate on the 3- 5 gallon pots is
Bottom half is fox farms ocean forrest
Top 1/3 is promix. I also mixed in a little extra pearlite. As far as the 3 gallon smart part it's 1/4 FF & the rest is promix. It was the last I had of the FF.

As far as nutes go I purchased the sample pack to try out the nectar of the gods.

Seeds are 5x Blueberry autos blue feminized from seedsman...

Monster762

Monster762

I've gone back & forth about even posting it. However I decided why not. Maybe a extra set of eyes may see a mistake coming before it shows itself to me & I start trying the fix it in a hurry approach.

First off is my current equipment list.. I tried to find what I found the best bang for my buck. I can't afford the best of everything but I also don't want to be buying throw away junk.

Tent.. iPower 48x32x60
Lights 2x Meizhi 300w leds
Kedida PH meter
3-5 gallon smart pots
1-3 gallon smart pots

Substrate on the 3- 5 gallon pots is
Bottom half is fox farms ocean forrest
Top 1/3 is promix. I also mixed in a little extra pearlite. As far as the 3 gallon smart part it's 1/4 FF & the rest is promix. It was the last I had of the FF.

As far as nutes go I purchased the sample pack to try out the nectar of the gods.

Seeds are 5x Blueberry autos blue feminized from seedsman...
Ok on the ffof it is a hot hot soil so mix it down with the pronmix. I would mix it 50/50 with an unfertilized soil and then add perelite

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

On Mon Aug 7 I started Germination via the Paper towel method. The next morning they had all but 1 had a tiny tail. I waited till Weds Aug 7 to plant them. I placed 3 in 5 gallon pots & 2 in clear dollar general solo style cups. All but 1 had sprouted & broke soil within 48 hours. 1 of the 1s in the solo never did sprout. From what I have read autos don't like to be transplanted however I've decided to make it my personal test subject lol. Hence the reason I have a random 3 gallon pot. Here's Day 2 or 3 pics. I have basically watered every 3 days or so. Just bottled water

IMG 7184
IMG 7185
IMG 7187
IMG 7189
Monster762

Monster762

Ok on the ffof it is a hot hot soil so mix it down with the pronmix. I would mix it 50/50 with an unfertilized soil and then add perelite
The meizhi are supposed to be good but I reccomend using a $50 t5 setup with 6400-6500k bulbs for veg. Small plants may fry under the led. Seeds and nutes sound good. Use 1/2 strength on nutes until the plant tells you it wants more. Don't use any nutes at first. The ff has enough in it to go a while.

Monster762

Monster762

That's about what Its mixed now. Maybe even a little lighter than that.
Ok good cause people were all over it praising it then people all started posting pics of nute burned plants. I always cut any prefertilized soil with plain old peat moss. I add desert sand and lot of perelite to it.

Monster762

Monster762

I think I got damn rust fungus on my leaves. Starting week 5 flower and have to fungicide also to stop it from spreading toward buds.

Dr buddy

Dr buddy

Feeling the budget grow. I'm in the same boat. I'd definitely recommend scrogging. My first time doing it and the results are amazing. Every penny I spend on electricity and light is hitting my canopy and not wasted. Check out liquid jade and his scrog videos, I'm just doing the same as him. Follow my grow diary 24k gold and see how mine turn out. Different strokes for different folks so maybe pick up or even share ideas.

Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0544
My entire room including fans soil lights buckets drywall and nutes ran around $500. I get some stuff free cause I'm in construction. This is at week 4 So budget grows do work.this is a 4x4 wall to wall. plant in back 45-1/2 inches. Week 4 of 10 week flower. 2x $50 t5 setups 1x$150 led 600w. Intake exhaust and 1 oscillating fan. Advanced nutrients. My own picks not the kit. Also first grow.

Monster762

Monster762

View attachment 732483 My entire room including fans soil lights buckets drywall and nutes ran around $500. I get some stuff free cause I'm in construction. This is at week 4 So budget grows do work.this is a 4x4 wall to wall. plant in back 45-1/2 inches. Week 4 of 10 week flower. 2x $50 t5 setups 1x$150 led 600w. Intake exhaust and 1 oscillating fan. Advanced nutrients. My own picks not the kit. Also first grow.
Total is 3 plants. Green crack.

Monster762

Monster762

That's actually what I wanna try next time. Either that Skywalker or Purple Urkle
Yeah I'm going through issues on seeds again. I was gonna get white widow x Girl Scout cookies fem, northern lights auto , and regular old school skunk but they bill from random places and in the USA you can't have them bill from 80% of the countries outside USA. USA banks even credit cards lock the purchases on them to USA only. So I'm thinking of rolling dice at cash or western union. I might actually try a seed bank that actually is in USA but hard to find. It's just a lot of bull fighting for weeks to get a place to bill from somewhere where I can actually send money. Then got to go through customs too so it's 2 strikes off the top every time I need seeds. I need a male plant.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Yeah I'm going through issues on seeds again. I was gonna get white widow x Girl Scout cookies fem, northern lights auto , and regular old school skunk but they bill from random places and in the USA you can't have them bill from 80% of the countries outside USA. USA banks even credit cards lock the purchases on them to USA only. So I'm thinking of rolling dice at cash or western union. I might actually try a seed bank that actually is in USA but hard to find. It's just a lot of bull fighting for weeks to get a place to bill from somewhere where I can actually send money. Then got to go through customs too so it's 2 strikes off the top every time I need seeds. I need a male plant.

Top Bottom