• Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hightimes3

growing indoors with a 2x2x4 tent

300w led light

No nutrients feed to the plant yet

Soil is fox farms happy frog

Started in a solo cup the. Transplanted in this pot.

Leaf have a bit of yellowing and the plant is growing slow and super close together

Any help would be greatly appreciated

First time grower needing some advice
First time grower needing some advice 2
First time grower needing some advice 3
New2dagame

New2dagame

Start using some nutrients. Baby is hungry . Growing fine . I would start training... top the plant and start lightly bending tallest top down , to create tops at same level. That’s what I’m doing now . Will send pics when they wake up .

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
First of all when did you transplant into that pot?

If it was recently then give her a chance to grow out some before adding anything to the soil. When you transplant the plant will go into temporary shock for a few days and then start to take off.

When did the yellowing start showing up?

If it was while it was in the solo cup then it's to be expected and you should be fine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With very compact growth and that leaf color pattern. I would ask how close is your light and is it 300 true watts at the wall. Also looks like it might be showing some very early sign of nute burn being very dark green and a couple leaf tips curled down but I cannot say for certain. Prob no need to feed anything but water yet as happy frog is hot soil.

I am a noob so don't take my word solely and I don't grow yet. I'm trying to learn from your grow for myself.

H

Hightimes3

First of all when did you transplant into that pot?

If it was recently then give her a chance to grow out some before adding anything to the soil. When you transplant the plant will go into temporary shock for a few days and then start to take off.

When did the yellowing start showing up?

If it was while it was in the solo cup then it's to be expected and you should be fine.

I transplanted it last Sunday and yes the yellowing and everything was while it was in the solo cup

H

Hightimes3

Start using some nutrients. Baby is hungry . Growing fine . I would start training... top the plant and start lightly bending tallest top down , to create tops at same level. That’s what I’m doing now . Will send pics when they wake up .

I will work that this weekend thank you

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Give it a little bit to get situated in the new soil.

Check the new growth. Don’t worry too much about the old growth at this point. If the new growth looks healthy then you’re on the right track.

If you notice the new growth having issues in a week then you’ll need to make some adjustments.

Plain water until then and allow the soil to dry some between waterings. If you don’t let the soil dry the roots won’t grow and seek out the moisture as they should.

H

Hightimes3

Give it a little bit to get situated in the new soil.

Check the new growth. Don’t worry too much about the old growth at this point. If the new growth looks healthy then you’re on the right track.

If you notice the new growth having issues in a week then you’ll need to make some adjustments.

Plain water until then and allow the soil to dry some between waterings. If you don’t let the soil dry the roots won’t grow and seek out the moisture as they should.

Thank you I will keep a eye on it

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

With very compact growth and that leaf color pattern. I would ask how close is your light and is it 300 true watts at the wall. Also looks like it might be showing some very early sign of nute burn being very dark green and a couple leaf tips curled down but I cannot say for certain. Prob no need to feed anything but water yet as happy frog is hot soil.

I am a noob so don't take my word solely and I don't grow yet. I'm trying to learn from your grow for myself.
The dark green is also indicative of overwatering. As is the very compact growth. The light streaks could be light burn. The tips are streaked with chlorosis, not browned and burned.

OP, raise the light. When watering, water only directly around the stem for a while, taking care to let the soil get pretty dry in between.

That's my two cents. If you doubt my experience, check out the current grow in my sig.

H

Hightimes3

The dark green is also indicative of overwatering. As is the very compact growth. The light streaks could be light burn. The tips are streaked with chlorosis, not browned and burned.

OP, raise the light. When watering, water only directly around the stem for a while, taking care to let the soil get pretty dry in between.

That's my two cents. If you doubt my experience, check out the current grow in my sig.
Thank you for the response. I moved the light up. And let the soil dry out before I water. But I wish I seen your comment before I watered about the stem

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with you not that it matters

Think that's what i was getting at when I said I would ask how height the light was (light burn). I think your right about the over watering. I was referring to the clawing on a couple leaves and dark green as possibly early signs of nute burn not the tips being burnt as it's likely light burn as you said.

Not sure if I pissed ya off but was not my intention. It's hard to tell in text.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Agree with you not that it matters

Think that's what i was getting at when I said I would ask how height the light was (light burn). I think your right about the over watering. I was referring to the clawing on a couple leaves and dark green as possibly early signs of nute burn not the tips being burnt as it's likely light burn as you said.

Not sure if I pissed ya off but was not my intention. It's hard to tell in text.

Not pissed. But your inexperience is not helping. The curling is indicative of overwatering. Overwatering is the most common problem in young plants. You have never grown weed, successfully or otherwise. Why are you weighing in? Go grow, successfully or otherwise, and get some experience. Internet experts help noone.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

OP, another thing. When I measured the pH of the plants I put in Happy frog this year, the pH was about 7.2, which is too high. I lowered the pH by adding some aluminum sulphate from my friendly neighborhood home depot, and the plants were happier as a result. You can see pics in my grow thread.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not pissed. But your inexperience is not helping. The curling is indicative of overwatering. Overwatering is the most common problem in young plants. You have never grown weed, successfully or otherwise. Why are you weighing in? Go grow, successfully or otherwise, and get some experience. Internet experts help noone.
Think I started in my post I'm a noob and not to take my opinion without checking with others here. And clearly stated as you know the only reason I am attempting is for my own learning purposes. You see I take away info from this and I appreciate it. I don't claim to be any kind of expert. I think its clear your just pissed I questioned you. I gave my reason for what I felt and if you disagree that's great and I learn from it as you explain why not. Obviously you don't see it the same. I have a shit ton of experience growing plants mixing my own nutes water testing and good understanding of plant processes. What I don't have is experience in terrestrial plants. Light burn and overwatering are not things you have to deal with I aquatic plants. Sorry if your all butt hurt over the fact I'm trying to learn about it as there is obviously more to it than reading and picture books. I make it very clear that is my intent. I'm not trying to play like I know... im trying to fucking learn

Just going to add... in today's world if you don't question things, your a fucking idiot and that I am not.

Last edited:
New2dagame

New2dagame

Lots of ways to skin a cat . Check out my way ..result one plant over 30 tops at same level . Your on the right track , keep listening to the vets on this site .
Good luck

0EEBF040 2225 48E0 B0CF 10C023E4331F
4F88C2CC 486C 4DD7 9663 DC9A3A27D1B1
8F851F8A B415 4E5E 950D 9CF4C83B1BAF
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Check this out for a textbook light burn https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/img_20180509_074414-jpg.798542/ These were moved from inside to outside sun too quickly. They recovered fully.
Also since we are talking about my inexperience, that is not light burn in your pic that is a nutrient deficiency. Never seen light burn start in the middle of the plant and work its way out. Also over watering makes leaves droopy all over not just the tip curling.. But wth do I know right i'm just an internet expert.

Latest posts

Top Bottom