First Time Grower Querkle

• Thread starter Dr.Dankz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Hello Fellow farmers I am completely new to the hobby I have done a ton of reading and am looking to avoid pit falls. This is my first grow I choose Querkle from TGA. I am about 14 days into my 12/12 flowering. I started under 600 watt HPS and 600 watt MH bulb. I have Ac for temp control and in a mostly sealed environment I use dry ice to increase my co2 levels with my ventilation fan running 15 mins on and 45 mins off. I choose to grow as organically as I am able I understand it is harder to mess things up in a soil or coco soil mix I choose Roots Organic mix I have also selected my nutrients from the same company. I started from 9 seeds Vegged for about 4 weeks after my 5th node came up. Tragedy struck about 7 days into flower and 6 of my 9 plants turned out to be males. When I killed the boys I turned off one of my lights with only 3 plants I couldn't see running both 600 watt lamps so now i have just one 600 hps running. I will attach photos from today of the girls currently. I would love any and all feed back or advice to complete the process as smoothly as I can.

Z

Zombee

Not much to comment on, except they look fantastic! Great job, Doc! Nice clean setup too - you're to be commended!

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

That is a good thing to hear thank you. I would still love any feed back to help avoid possible coming pitfalls. I was foolishly trying to toss in one more bit of training last night and mostly broke off one of my main growing shoots however it seems to have accepted a bit of tape to repair it. I will keep this tread updated regularly If I get enough feed back and interest in seeing this grow progress. I will have better pictures this evening not so washed out from my lights.

hashrip

hashrip

Hello Dr.Dankz! welcome to the farm. I would love to see some preharvest querkle. I've seen some of these beans produce some beautiful buds. TGA is a great company. If I were you though bro I would def keep both 6's on em. Even though you don't really need the extra light, 1200w is ALWAYS gonna give you better buds then 600w. The buds will be noticeably more dense and resinous. Either way you do it, good luck to ya. did you take clones or you growin from seed only?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking good so far man - and I moved this thread to the grow diary section

good luck with the grow - Ill be checkin in

C

caperfarmer902

always wanted to see how the Querkle grows, so far so good buddy,..
what site did you buy these off of, singlemarijuanaseeds.com?
keep it going, ill deffinetly be checking backk!!

B

blayzed76

Hello Dr.Dankz! welcome to the farm. If I were you though bro I would def keep both 6's on em. Even though you don't really need the extra light, 1200w is ALWAYS gonna give you better buds then 600w. The buds will be noticeably more dense and resinous.
could not agree any more, they look good but if you have the light use it, more is always better :) cant wait to see em around harvest time ;)

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

so far so good dr. If you got control of your atmosphere you will prolly be able to avoid most pit falls. imo

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Ok to answer a couple questions in one post. Or reply to your suggestions.
1. To Motherlode Thank you for moving my thread to this area I already seem to be getting more of what i was looking for.
2.To harshrip Yes I have kept clones but I was a little worried about the not making until just a couple days ago they were looking really really sad I am still bummed I got so many males in my 10 pack. I will be putting my other light back into play in the next lights on cycle for that very reason I want to fatten my just starting buds up as much as I am able every watt will help i think.
3.For Blazed I got my seeds from attitude seed bank I was completely unsure who to go to but a friend had used them for some Soma seed about 6 months ago

4. Thanks everyone for the welcome. I always welcome ideas and feed back I figure together everyone does better. Its great to have a place to share info, ideas and practices with others

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

From what I have come to understand controlling your environment is crucial in getting the best medicine possible. I made a careful selection in what I wanted to grow best suited to my needs. I want to give them the best home I am able to provide within my limited budget. My grow space isnt very large maybe 5'x6' and maybe a 6 foot ceiling to the highest my lights can go.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

New pictures Taken with lights off works so much better. here is day 17. Lets hope I dont kill them. I think they look really nice.

Flower 17 001
Flower 17 002
Flower 17 003
Flower 17 004
Flower 17 013
Flower 17 014
Flower 17 018
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I hope your right and I wont be able to kill them I try to do everything gently. I am now at a point were they will only get water and /or some light organic nutrients on an every other rotation. Well and some good old fashioned black strap molasses.

hashrip

hashrip

Really healthy looking plants here. They're as happy as they can be. Keep up the good work and you'll have the medicine you're after in no time! Peace

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

It seems they were a little to happy the last two days I guess they are really starting to transpire a ton of water daily they have been over 70% humidity other than at night. 155 bucks later dehumidifier to the rescue

hiboy

hiboy

Looking nice Dank
You might want to take some of the small stalks off the bottom. This will force the plant to produce more larger buds that are up higher. The lowers normally are fluffy and are referred to as popcorn and unwanted. This will also let light penetrate better
h

hashrip

hashrip

hiboy has a good point! but try not to get scissor happy! i've noticed any and all weeds like a little abuse... my girls love it when i slap em around a lil. nah mean. you will almost always get a positive response from light trimming. If you aren't sure how much to trim, look around at some of the threads here, try to find a pro, and look closely at how he/seamaiden trims. A lot of what I've learned has been accredited to watchin proffesionals work their magic right here on the farm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom