First Time Grower Struggling With Identifying Preflower

• Thread starter WhtChocolate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Started with seed early June, soil, outdoor in 5 Gal planter. Still vegging in mid aug just can’t identify girlish features. Having a blast!
Thanks for any comments suggestions.

White Chocolate

First time grower struggling with identifying preflower
First time grower struggling with identifying preflower 2
H

heisen

need a zoomed in better pic of the nodes,Try and get more clear pictures of the area where the branches form on the plant,Up top is where they will show first.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

need a zoomed in better pic of the nodes,Try and get more clear pictures of the area where the branches form on the plant,Up top is where they will show first.

Thanks HBubble. Was really tough getting the focus with such a close up. Here’s one more, not sure if you can zoom on the top growth.
Much appreciated HB!!

8BBD8193 ED8D 44E2 B549 D5F189D369B7
H

heisen

pic is still out of focus and hard to see but it looks like boy parts in there but like i said the pictures are not good.You have anything besides a flip phone?
8BBD8193 ED8D 44E2 B549 D5F189D369B7

SSlayer69

SSlayer69

Have to agree with HB looks like a boy but way fuzzy pic. Wouldn't pull it yet. Get some better pics

SSlayer69

SSlayer69

Don't see any guy parts bit you will know for sure if she starts bustin out with balls. But think you are good to go.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Honestly, google "how to tell cannabis sex" and you'll get a better tutorial. A lot of people don't answer questions that can be easily googled.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
moving this thread to general indoor growing. this is a introduction only thread. There will be a link to find your thread

If this is outdoor let me know and will move it to outdoor grows. thanks

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks HBubble. Was really tough getting the focus with such a close up. Here’s one more, not sure if you can zoom on the top growth.
Much appreciated HB!!

If you have a jeweler's loupe (30x or stronger, many of us do for pest & trich checks), place it in front of your your phone's camera, or buy a clip on magnifier. The $10 spent is well worth it.

This was my first year identifying sex. Identification early on was not as straightforward as you'd think. At least, not until you see obvious hairs (one of my fems didn't even have those).

After a little while and a lot of frustration I found myself looking more for the shape than the hairs.

These pics are done with a 60x loupe in front of my Galaxy S7

Male (spade shaped)
20180606 170404
20180606 170537

Female (vase shaped)
20180605 082552 001
20180605 091838

I don't toss em till I know for sure. Hope this helps.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

If you have a jeweler's loupe (30x or stronger, many of us do for pest & trich checks), place it in front of your your phone's camera, or buy a clip on magnifier. The $10 spent is well worth it.

This was my first year identifying sex. Identification early on was not as straightforward as you'd think. At least, not until you see obvious hairs (one of my fems didn't even have those).

After a little while and a lot of frustration I found myself looking more for the shape than the hairs.

These pics are done with a 60x loupe in front of my Galaxy S7

Male (spade shaped)
View attachment 822640 View attachment 822638
Female (vase shaped)
View attachment 822639 View attachment 822642

I don't toss em till I know for sure. Hope this helps.

Thanks SJ!! Great info and crazy pics!!

Top Bottom