First Time Grower - Super Skunk Auto

• Thread starter Garlitz7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Hey guys I got two Auto flowering seeds and it’s been about 2 weeks. Ph is about 6 and I am using fox farm ocean forest as my soil. My light is a 200w LED. I haven’t fed any nutes yet. I know the cotydelons are supposed to die off once the plant doesn’t need them anymore, but one of my babies set of leaves are turning a yellowish color and it’s kinda crisping up at the end. My tent averages at about 77 degrees and I only water when the soil is dry underneath. I will post some pics as well. I was doing some research about peat pots might cause your ph to rise? Just a thought but any answers will help. Thanks!

First time grower   super skunk auto
First time grower   super skunk auto 2
First time grower   super skunk auto 3
First time grower   super skunk auto 4
MW7945

MW7945

not 100% sure what light that is but it looks pretty damn close. I'd raise it up until they start stretching towards it. Also make sure your air movement is sufficient in there. I'm not a soil grower so I can't help there.

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

not 100% sure what light that is but it looks pretty damn close. I'd raise it up until they start stretching towards it. Also make sure your air movement is sufficient in there. I'm not a soil grower so I can't help there.
Yeah it’s a 200w LED light. I have a vent system and a fan blowing at the leaves as well. I’m gonna raise the light as well too. Thanks!

MW7945

MW7945

Well... they sell it as a 200w LED. It's probably not even 100 actual watts. Gotta be careful with cheap LED brands, it's all marketing bullshit.

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Yeah true, got it off amazon but all the reviews said otherwise. I’m gonna raise it and post updates

MW7945

MW7945

So, do you plan on using that light through flower? Because if it's the one I think it is from amazon, it's actualy wattage is only 55w. You won't yield much out of it. maybe an ounce or so since it's your first grow. and IMO, that's not worth the time/effort.

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Had it happen to me and when using nutes I'd wait 4 to 5 weeks and use 1/4 recommend strength good luck and happy growing!
Do you think that the burns I have are from the nutes already in the soil?

MW7945

MW7945

this is why I grow in coco... soil just seems like a pain :/

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Very hard to tell but that would be my guess had it happen to me. And when I did some research others had same problems. Some autos can be touchy and the problem is you don't have much time to recover in the fact they are in transition around 4 to 5 weeks what's the ppm of run off water ?(if you have ppm pen)
I don’t have a Ppm pen which I do need to buy one soon, the only thing I have tested with water is the ph and that’s at 6, it’s just one of my plants that is acting strange and the other one looks perfectly fine

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

So, do you plan on using that light through flower? Because if it's the one I think it is from amazon, it's actualy wattage is only 55w. You won't yield much out of it. maybe an ounce or so since it's your first grow. and IMO, that's not worth the time/effort.
No I’m gonna purchase a better light for my flower and veg stages. But the box and description says 200w LED Madi got it for around 80 bucks. I just thought it would be good enough to start out with. Do you have any suggestions?

Monster762

Monster762

Hey guys I got two Auto flowering seeds and it’s been about 2 weeks. Ph is about 6 and I am using fox farm ocean forest as my soil. My light is a 200w LED. I haven’t fed any nutes yet. I know the cotydelons are supposed to die off once the plant doesn’t need them anymore, but one of my babies set of leaves are turning a yellowish color and it’s kinda crisping up at the end. My tent averages at about 77 degrees and I only water when the soil is dry underneath. I will post some pics as well. I was doing some research about peat pots might cause your ph to rise? Just a thought but any answers will help. Thanks!
Bump your humidity up. Led safe spot to start is around 2 feet.

Monster762

Monster762

Ph slightly low. I’m not sure if there’s coco in there but bumping that to around 6.3 might help too. How dry are you getting? How often? That humidity needs to be up on plants til flower time. With good airflow.

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Yes humidity looks low
Yeah it’s been getting warmer in my area, I’ve been putting bowls of water in my tent to raise it but hasn’t helped too much, for the first week it was around 60%. I usually water about every other day, until the underneath is dry and there is coco in the soil already

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

After all that I'd raise light. Ditch nutes all ready mixed. And watch some of fox farm nutes what nute line do you have ? Some of there shit use sparingly cha Ching beastly bloom ect will drive ppm up way to high for autos
So should I just wait until veg to give nutes? I have the big bloom tiger bloom set

Monster762

Monster762

Those jiffy pots dry real quick. And with the coco in the mix you don’t want bone dry. I’d be watering once or twice a day in those. Get your ph up. 6.3 -6.8 in soil is good. Slightly acidic usually they like. At 7 I see less from the plants. They stall. But at 6 flat with the guanos n all in ffof I’d say the babies aren’t liking the heat. I used those pots and they sucked. I go from root plug in cheap 6 tray plastic starters straight to 1 gal.the material of the pot is keeping it dry. With low humidity it’s that much worse. Wetter soil will also bring humidity up but don’t drown em. I’d check ph on tap should be near 7 let water sit out. 1 gal total good for them. water em real good. Probably not even use half of it. Make sure you saturate all the coco. Then let em go a day or til light again. Nutes now will probably burn em up.

Monster762

Monster762

Personally I believe autos to be harder than photoperiods. Not really beginners plants. They sound all good but you got to have things dialed in. Or good good genetics.every mistake costs. I got 2 autos now. First try at em. I suck at autos.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah out of my 2 they are around 50 days. One is almost done other has a ways to go. The one is tall and dumb but not finishing. It’s like it’s just the beginning. Other is like 6 inches n 1 bud almost done.

42E8FE42 FDCC 4CED 83E0 1BECB6179FB2
MW7945

MW7945

No I’m gonna purchase a better light for my flower and veg stages. But the box and description says 200w LED Madi got it for around 80 bucks. I just thought it would be good enough to start out with. Do you have any suggestions?

Depends on your budget and the size of your tent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom