First Time Grower

• Thread starter Akili420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Akili420

Akili420

Short intro, I started five bag seeds in solo cups five weeks ago today. About 2 weeks into growing I noticed some brown spots begin to form on the very first leaves that appear in two of the plants. Tried diagnosing for about a day and a half before I determined I had encountered the dreaded fruit gnats. By the time I noticed the larvae, brownish gold spots began to form on the some of leaflets already so I caved and tossed all but one. We shall call her number four lol. I say her although I'm awaiting sexing anytime now. My confidence is high in it being females do to other characteristics but, I'd rather see those infamous pistils everyone loves so much. I applied mosquito bits and stopped watering for about three days before I watered and transplanted into final medium. She responded better than expected to the transplant and has seemed to have taken a growth spurt over the last week almost doubling in SIZE! Over the weekend I noticed some white moldey substance forming on the top soil. After some research, I scraped the visible portions off to the best of my ability and that night before lights out I applied a 1:9 milk/water spray to the entire surface. I did the same last night. My question is how long should I keep treating the soil before the mold is controlled for certain. Also I noticed a few fans cupping on me somewhat after I added another fan for circulation. I lowered the distance between light and plant on yesterday about eight inches giving almost 2' between the two. What could this be related too? Humidity ranges 39-45 while temp rest between 71-79 depending on time of the day, ( at least that's what the thermometer reads.) thx in advance guys any feedback is helpful.

First time grower
First time grower 2
First time grower 3
First time grower 4
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Fungus gnats are everywhere, Ive witnessed them follow me in when I go in a door to my house from outside, they breed in your drains. Bleaching drains greatly reduces their numbers, especially basement or rarely used drains.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Mold wont hurt it, let the soil dry until the top few inches are crumble to dust dry and the bucket feels light before you water again.

Top Bottom