First Time Growing, Need Tips, Here's My Setup..

• Thread starter 1stTimeGroe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1stTimeGroe

1stTimeGroe

so I am growing 4 plants in a 4x4 tent with 2 450w LEDs and a 4" inline exhaust fan w a carbon filter. I have 4 personal clip fans on each post and a dehumidifier in the room, they're in the 4th day of 12/12 and was wondering if anyone had any pointers.. they're in 5 gallon buckets w happy frog potting soil, and using the FF trio to feed. I'm currently only using GROWBIG&BIGBLOOM.. not sure when to swap in tiger bloom yet. Also I water each one gallon or sometimes a little more until I see runoff, every other day. And I feed every other watering.. the one in the left corner closest to camera is OGkush the other strains are unknown just clones a from a plant a friend of mine liked.. the temp stays around 75-78 and the humidity stays around 40-45%.

First time growing need tips heres my setup
1stTimeGroe

1stTimeGroe

Also I grew outside in the 5 gallon buckets up until about 2 weeks ago once I bought an indoor setup.. and I've only used grown big just found out I can start using big bloom much earier

Perception

Perception

Proper watering is super important, and it took me quite awhile to really get the hang of it. They will probably start drinking more soon (being in flower), so just pay attention to how dry they are getting, and water based on soil dryness/dampness instead of time (every other day). Start keeping an eye on it now.

I like to lift my pots to check moisture content (weight) if they are 5gal or less, but make sure to put down gently! Even small drops will start compacting soil (bad).

Recently, I started doing a two part watering and I felt like it helped my soil retain water longer, and the plants seemed happier too. Whatever your watering volume is, give them like half of it, wait for 20 or 30 minutes (or longer), then give them the other half. Seems to help saturate the soil better and prevent dry spots. Good luck! Looking good.

Perception

Perception

Oh! And if you brought in from outside, you probably brought bugs too. I made this mistake taking clones from an outdoor plant, and infected my whole indoor crop with powdery mildew.

Not sure if you have an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plan yet, but I recently used OG Biowar products and didnt have a single problem. The OG Biowar Foliar pack is sprayed on leaves and poured in to soil, and it has beneficial microbes that will kill pests. Highly recommend. Better to be preventative rather than reactive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom