First Time Growing!

• Thread starter LCB2000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LCB2000

So I am growing a couple plants with lots of cfl lights in my closet with a small fan. I just have a few questions. As of right now they have just sprouted and split into two "cloves" on each side. I have the cfl lights on right above each one. At this stage should they have 24/7 light? Also how often should I water them?

jipp

jipp

18/6. them first leafs are called cotyledons. :)
( assuming they are not autos.. i do not know what they like.. or if it even matters. )
im not sure how close you should have the clf light tho.

OLAFU

OLAFU

16 hours of light is perfectly ok. How many cfls are you using and what is the wattage of the bulbs? Cfls you can have keep close within a few inches, generally though less is sometimes more. Seedlings are fragile for the first couple weeks, so start at a 1ft away &as they grow move the cfl closer till you find the sweet spot. As for water.. just a little bit till thet develope a root system. (Standing water is not good) use a spray bottle and mist the soil once or twice a day as to not let it dry out.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

In regards to seedlings I would say ya use caution with how close you put them but if you dont have them close enough the seedlings will stretch like mad and than you''ll have a leggy seedling which can be a nuisance. try and keep your lights as close to seedling as possible without burning obviously.

Top Bottom