First Time.

• Thread starter Idontknow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Idontknow

Idontknow

What's up everyone. I'm about 2 weeks into my second grow and kind of need all the advice I can get. I've been reading a lot. So I think I'm slowly getting it.
I just have a couple of questions about how I'm doing things.i have my light about 2 ft above. I have a fan lightly blowing on it. But I think I watered her a little to much and she's looking kind of sad. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

bullfrog

bullfrog

Need some more info, but here's a tad bit of info. Soil should be just barely damp and firm, not soggy. If you push your finger in an inch or so and you see or feel water you've got to much. You shouldn't be able to push your finger through the soil like mush/mud either, it should still be granular. For a few bucks you can go pick up a moisture meter at just about any hardware store if you're having a tough time using touch. If you're soggy then you just have to wait them out and let it dry. Doing anything else in this state could easily damage the roots and possibly nutrient block your plants. I'm new here myself and this is just my personal exp. so I'm inaccurate let's discuss.

p.s.: You'll probably want to test your soils ph to double check and make sure. If you did over you may have actually flushed it.

IMG 2773
Last edited:
Idontknow

Idontknow

20190120 151831
IMG 20190127 082513
20190120 151831
IMG 20190127 082513
Hey everyone sorry it's been a few days and I'm just now putting pics up. But I'm still having the same problem with not knowing exactly when to water her. But I thought I had it under control until this morning she was slumped over bad. I freaked out. Come to find out. She doesn't like cats. Anyhow the first 2 are from about 10 to 12 days in. And I'll send an up to date one right after this post.
20190120 151831
What's up everyone. I'm about 2 weeks into my second grow and kind of need all the advice I can get. I've been reading a lot. So I think I'm slowly getting it.
I just have a couple of questions about how I'm doing things.i have my light about 2 ft above. I have a fan lightly blowing on it. But I think I watered her a little to much and she's looking kind of sad. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Idontknow

Idontknow

View attachment 853939 View attachment 853940 View attachment 853939 View attachment 853940 Hey everyone sorry it's been a few days and I'm just now putting pics up. But I'm still having the same problem with not knowing exactly when to water her. But I thought I had it under control until this morning she was slumped over bad. I freaked out. Come to find out. She doesn't like cats. Anyhow the first 2 are from about 10 to 12 days in. And I'll send an up to date one right after this post.View attachment 853939
I know it looks terrible with the hanger that I cut down and bent but I freaked out n I guess ya could say... Did last min surgery. She needed a crutch so I gently gave her one. I shot a video of her actually standing back up. After I edit I'll share. Plz I need opinions and direction. Thanks

Dan789

Dan789

Question, are those bits of orange peels, for what purpose?

Idontknow

Idontknow

Well. They are not in it non it took them out. Someone said that it's sometimes good for it. I wasn't sure about the idea.

Dan789

Dan789

Well. They are not in it non it took them out. Someone said that it's sometimes good for it. I wasn't sure about the idea.
They may be ok with a established plant, but with a seedling, you don't want anything that could affect it adversely as they're so fragile...

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I know it looks terrible with the hanger that I cut down and bent but I freaked out n I guess ya could say... Did last min surgery. She needed a crutch so I gently gave her one. I shot a video of her actually standing back up. After I edit I'll share. Plz I need opinions and direction. Thanks

How high are your lights and what type of light do you use?

Did you punch holes in those containers before putting them in?

You can just lift them up to see if they are light and if they are, water. If not, let them be. Also you can add more aeration material when you transplant them.

Idontknow

Idontknow

They may be ok with a established plant, but with a seedling, you don't want anything that could affect it adversely as they're so fragile...
I kno. I need help. I've been reading so much my head hurts. The thing is. Is it's all opinionated. As to what's right and what's wrong. I really just need the basic information. And a scheduleing.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
it's about 2 foot directly above. And I'm embarrassed to say what kind it is. Lol

I updated my post :D

If its a standard edison bulb, it’ll not grow plants. If its cfl, it is way too high. If you don’t answer, no one can help.

Idontknow

Idontknow

it's about 2 foot directly above. And I'm embarrassed to say what kind it is. Lol
Basically this all happened on a mins notice. I've messed around as a kid with growing outside. Rather stick them in the ground and pray lol. But I had this nice strain called anthrax. And somehow. Found 1 seed in almost a qp. Got excited and here I am. But I'm becoming addicted. Lol I sit and watch her all the time. I just want the knowledge.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
to be honest I'm not sure

That looks like an edison bulb. Puts out shit ton of far red and not enough par (photosynthetically active radiation). Will make plants stretch and they’ll collapse. At least get youself 2-3 cfls, 3000 and 6000 K, keep close like 5 inches.

Idontknow

Idontknow

That looks like an edison bulb. Puts out shit ton of far red and not enough par (photosynthetically active radiation). Will make plants stretch and it’ll collapse. At least get youself 2-3 cfls, 3000 and 6000 K, keep close like 5 inches.
What is cfl and do I have to go somewhere special to get them?

Top Bottom