First Timer Here

• Thread starter Temporal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Temporal

Temporal

Hey there, first time growing. I managed to mess up and kill one of my plants early into flower, then a couple of males had to be thrown out, and one my remaining girls had a nanner that I missed. I'm thinking I'll wait a few more weeks at least.
I didn't post a pic, but the trichomes are just now starting to get cloudy. I'm looking for top CBD.
I'm using FF soil, 5 gallon fabric pots. I'm taking it easy on the nutes due to me using too much on accident early in flower. I have two vipraspectra led lights, a 300 and a 900, so roughly 175 for vegveg 450 for flower. The tent is 4x4x6 or 8, I forget.
I've been practicing the various training techniques. I should mention all of these plants came from random bag weed. So it's kinda hard to know what you're gonna end up with even with training. Anyway, I've mostly been topping at about 4-7 nodes and using HST along with LST. Anyway, just wanted to show off my first grow, I'm still trying to decide what to do with those young plants in various stages of veg. Y'all have a good one now.
Edit: Wanted to mention that I'm still not sure what I did to the plant in the lower right of the tent. It's difficult to see in the pic, but it still seems to be doing okay. It has developed more of a frosty coating than I was expecting.
First timer here
First timer here 2
First timer here 3
First timer here 4
First timer here 5
First timer here 6

Last edited:
Temporal

Temporal

Hey there y'all, first time growing. I've been reading the forums for a while now, but first time posting. Well, I posted this in the wrong sub forum earlier. Anyway, here's my humble operation.
I managed to mess up and kill one of my plants early into flower, then a couple of males had to be thrown out, and one my remaining girls had a nanner that I missed and some of my girls got knocked up. I'm thinking I'll wait a few more weeks at least to harvest.
I didn't post a pic, but the trichomes are just now starting to get cloudy. I'm looking for top percentage of CBD, so waiting for more amber.
I'm using FF soil, 5 gallon fabric pots. I'm taking it easy on the nutes due to me using too much on accident early in flower. I have two vipraspectra led lights, a 300 and a 900, so roughly 175 for veg and 450 for flower. The tent is 4x4x6. I have a couple of cheap thermometers to kepk track of temp and humidity. It generally stays around 70f-80f and the humidity I keep around 50% best I can, it usually stays with + or - 10 of that.
I've been practicing the various training techniques. I should mention all of these plants came from random bag weed. So it's kinda hard to know what you're gonna end up with even with training. Anyway, I've mostly been topping at about 4-7 nodes and using HST along with LST. Anyway, just wanted to show off my first grow, I'm still trying to decide what to do with those young plants in various stages of veg.
Also, I'm still not sure what I did to the plant in the lower right of the tent. I'm thinking it was combo of over watered after getting nute burn, then I tried to flush it and I definitely almost killed it.
Oh, and it got bud rot at one point and I had to strip off all the rot to try to protect the main cola's. It's difficult to see in the pic, but it still seems to be doing okay. It has developed more of a frosty coating than I was expecting.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more from this place! Hope y'all have a good one.
IMG 20181104 103422
IMG 20181104 103053
IMG 20181104 102956
MVIMG 20181104 103016
IMG 20181104 103043

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

Welcome, btw is that a cat lounging in your grow tent? You may want to cut that activity out so you don’t end up with a blind cat. When I was using bluple lights (your viparspectra ‘s) my eyes were killing me, like having continuous flash burn. Had to get some eye protecting (method 7) glasses to remedy that, now relying more on cobs, which are easier on my and most people’s eyes, just sayin.
For pics, please use natural light, much appreciated.

Temporal

Temporal

Hey, thanks for the reply! Oh yeah, I do have a serious cat problem, lol. Cat, that's the name of the cat in the pic. She doesn't usually hang out in there. My other cat, Boo, now he's the main problem. If nothing else, I don't like them shedding their coats all over my girls. You're right, I definitely need to keep them out at all times until I can figure something out. I keep the door closed and them out during the day when I'm not at the house. Yeah, those lights are bright, I make a point to not look at them. Those method 7s are nice, will have to get me a pair or something like em.
I want to set up a dedicated room for growing other than my laundry room. Also, yeah, natural light is a problem. I live in a very shaded house and the laundry room gets very little sun light in. I've been looking for some sort of regular light I could put in the room so that I can see well enough without the grow light on. When I want or need a good look at em, I've been having to take them outside to get the sun on em.
I wish I would have known about the cob lights when I first started. I will most likely try those in the future. Hey, thanks again and have a good one!

Dan789

Dan789

Don’t get me wrong I used bluple led lights for years and I’ve got two four legged shedding machines. Good growing to you.

Temporal

Temporal

Lol, I came home on lunch break and took some pics of em outside. I think I'm going to harvest that one that's dark green early. I'm thinking I'll be lucky if I end up with more than an ounce out of three plants. What do you think? They're under roughly 450 watts actual watts from the wall on the vipra. These three are at about week 6 of flower, roughly. I should be pulling at least 200-250 grams. At least, given ideal conditions and experience, right? Though, of course you can see the tent is being badly utilized. I should have popped more seeds earlier, cause now I don't have any to put into flower to fill up all that empty space.

IMG 20181105 123554
IMG 20181105 123411
IMG 20181105 123455
IMG 20181105 123429
Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

Your plants being so very green in bloom indicate a high potential for too much nitrogen, those clawing leaves are further evidence. If you were going to let them continue till the buds fully formed, you’d need to address the over saturation of nutrients by an initial flushing followed by bone meal. Check the “infirmary” section for too much nitrogen and what steps to take while in bloom. Good reading and good, luck.

Temporal

Temporal

Your plants being so very green in bloom indicate a high potential for too much nitrogen, those clawing leaves are further evidence. If you were going to let them continue till the buds fully formed, you’d need to address the over saturation of nutrients by an initial flushing followed by bone meal. Check the “infirmary” section for too much nitrogen and what steps to take while in bloom. Good reading and good, luck.
Thanks! You just confirmed what I thought I knew by reading forums. Yeah, that one definitely got nute burn. I didn't mention earlier that I had already tried flushing it a while back when I suspected nute burn, and I now realize that's why I ended up over watering and killing one and nute burned the heck out of the one that survived. I'll check out the infirmary! It's so late into flower, there's not much I can do now, but flush it a week or so before harvest from what I understand. Just going to learn and do better next time! Have a good one!

Dan789

Dan789

A1165E4A 97DB 4503 84CF 8D11E101C90F
What do your trichomes look like? You want some amber, most cloudy, not clear, then your plants ready to harvest.

Temporal

Temporal

We
View attachment 839657 What do your trichomes look like? You want some amber, most cloudy, not clear, then your plants ready to harvest.

Yeah, I have a cheap 120x magnifying instrument. It takes practice to hold still to get a good pic with my phone. This is the best pic I have taken holding the scope and my phone to the scope to take a pic. Anyway, this was about a week and a half ago. I forget which plant it was on.
See, I love the CBD for it's own effects and the THC. I would prefer to keep them separate and eventually produce extracts of each and consume according to my needs, if even possible, lol. I was thinking of harvesting the nute burned one early cause it's probably getting on the cloudy side. I'm hoping it will be mostly THC with little CBD. I want to grow some product for a very energetic high and vice versa. I know genetics play a huge part... Though I'm more willing to kill off some cheap random seeds than some seeds that cost me roughly 10-15 a seed. I'm planning to buy good genetics once I get a few practice grows under my belt.

MVIMG 20181027 185257
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Lol, I came home on lunch break and took some pics of em outside. I think I'm going to harvest that one that's dark green early. I'm thinking I'll be lucky if I end up with more than an ounce out of three plants. What do you think? They're under roughly 450 watts actual watts from the wall on the vipra. These three are at about week 6 of flower, roughly. I should be pulling at least 200-250 grams. At least, given ideal conditions and experience, right? Though, of course you can see the tent is being badly utilized. I should have popped more seeds earlier, cause now I don't have any to put into flower to fill up all that empty space.
Just a suggestion that might save you from a future headache, don’t take them out and in again. You may transport pests into your grow area.

Dan789

Dan789

Don’t make one of my past mistakes, which was always checking trichomes on the sugar leaves, and, not the actual buds. They will be different, just sayin.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
If you guys can help me determine if this is a female or male that would be great. Idk if I should transfer it or not since I’m not sure if it’s a female! If you guys can help it will be super helpful.
Start a new thread please. Don’t hijack peoples thread.

Temporal

Temporal

Don’t make one of my past mistakes, which was always checking trichomes on the sugar leaves, and, not the actual buds. They will be different, just sayin.
Lol, it's hard to see anything with it. I have this thing where I kinda have very unsteady hands. Though, I'm going to go ahead and blame the $10 scope. I'll try to get a better pic or at least start paying attention to that when using it. Thanks!
Just a suggestion that might save you from a future headache, don’t take them out and in again. You may transport pests into your grow area.
Yeah, I've thought about that. I really want a dedicated grow room. This is grow in a laundry room. I let my cats out often, and when doing so I'll leave the back door open so they can come back in. Also, to air out the laundry/grow room. I don't have any sort of exhaust fan set up, though I do have the exhaust fan, just not the ducting yet. I'm surprised I haven't had to deal with any pests yet, they've only suffered by my hands. Anyway, I know I'm playing with fire, and pushing my luck, but no pests yet, lol! This is my first grow and it's a work in progress, lol. Thanks!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Lol, it's hard to see anything with it. I have this thing where I kinda have very unsteady hands. Though, I'm going to go ahead and blame the $10 scope. I'll try to get a better pic or at least start paying attention to that when using it. Thanks!

Yeah, I've thought about that. I really want a dedicated grow room. This is grow in a laundry room. I let my cats out often, and when doing so I'll leave the back door open so they can come back in. Also, to air out the laundry/grow room. I don't have any sort of exhaust fan set up, though I do have the exhaust fan, just not the ducting yet. I'm surprised I haven't had to deal with any pests yet, they've only suffered by my hands. Anyway, I know I'm playing with fire, and pushing my luck, but no pests yet, lol! This is my first grow and it's a work in progress, lol. Thanks!
No problem, they may not have discovered your plants yet, but they will eventually.
Besides cats going blind, there is another reason why they should be out of your grow area, it is because, you will end up with hair covered buds at the end if they are allowed in. Of course its a process, mine are just suggestions to look into.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Looks good bro but can ya post pics with white light as well.
Did u get any seeds with the one with nanners?

Temporal

Temporal

I'm sorry, I actually restarted this thread in the introduction sub forum. I couldn't figure out how to delete this one. Here's some pics of em with natural light. I haven't harvested yet. There are seeds being made, and would like to take them and pop em. I've been trying to find some info on seed production. Like, how long until they're ready. Do they mature along the same timeline as the flower itself?

IMG 20181105 123412
IMG 20181105 123429
IMG 20181105 123455
Top Bottom