First Timer Here

• Thread starter Temporal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Temporal

Temporal

Hey guys, sorry for not updating on the harvest. I ended up getting roughly 4-5 ounces out of those three plants. It still needs another week at least for a cure. I did flash dry some it and it gets the job done. All three plants seem to have high CBD, which I wanted. This stuff really glues me to the couch, great for sleep as well. The taste and smells is decent, nothing to write home about. I've been reading all I can, and have decided on either 2 CMH 315s, or maybe just one 315 or 630. These vipraspectra lights are decent, but they're better off for vegging it seems.

MVIMG 20181118 095634
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hey guys, sorry for not updating on the harvest. I ended up getting roughly 4-5 ounces out of those three plants. It still needs another week at least for a cure. I did flash dry some it and it gets the job done. All three plants seem to have high CBD, which I wanted. This stuff really glues me to the couch, great for sleep as well. The taste and smells is decent, nothing to write home about. I've been reading all I can, and have decided on either 2 CMH 315s, or maybe just one 315 or 630. These vipraspectra lights are decent, but they're better off for vegging it seems.
Its not entirely the lights fault. As i remember you are growing unknown strains and you have not dialed in the environment yet. I had good success with blurples supplemented with white or warm white. Quality ones.
Well anyway you can go with whatever you choose of course. Thinking about venting and managing heat of course is important. Hid lights work at high temps, really high. People heat their home with the exhaust :)
If that light just sit in your laundry room without proper intake and exhaust, everything will die in there :D

Temporal

Temporal

Yeah, it was definitely mostly my fault, lol. I should be able to pull a gram per watt, so 5 ounces is pretty bad. I damn near killed em all and a few I did. My biggest problem was over watering, nute burn and PH problems. I have since got a PH pen tester that works well. I should mention that I'm wanting to start growing my own veggies indoors during winter so I have several reasons for needing more lights. Also, I really don't like the color of the light, I've read that CMH has a very natural light close to the sun. I'm aware of the need for exhaust. During the winter months, I wouldn't need to exhaust, just turn off the heater in the room. Though, I do have an exhaust fan and ducting if it ever comes to that. During this coming summer, I plan to focus on outdoor growing. I a have medical license, but I do need to make better plans for stealth. Moreso worried about thieves and pests taking my crop. Lol, so yeah, I dunno, just learning as I go.

Temporal

Temporal

Oh, forgot to mention. See I have 175 watt actual wattage vipraspectra light for vegging. Though, it's just not enough for what I'm tying to do. I'm thinking about using 175 for seedlings of cannabis and veggies. The 475 watts for vegging after the seedling stage. Then the CMH for flower. Though, I wish I could afford one of those Timber COB LED lights, those are pretty nice, I hear. These pics are what all I've going now. I'm trying various pot sizes, with different mixes. Generally just experimenting based off what I've read so far and hoping for the best, lol.

MVIMG 20181124 201911
IMG 20181124 201854
Top Bottom