Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Fish In A Barrel.

Discussion in 'Nutrients and Fertilizers' started by Jabsaw, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Jabsaw

Jabsaw

Ok, so I was talking to an old timer the other day about ferts and we got on the subject of fishing and he just throws his carcasses in a barrel and fills with water let's it sit and draws from the bottom. When gets low just adds more water and just keeps cycling fish in. Any thoughts? I thought it would be hot he says no just dilute with more water and viola.

2. NHWhites

NHWhites

I think that’s essentially was the fish hydrosulate is, like Alaska Fish fert

3. jumpincactus

jumpincactus Moderator Staff Member

same sort of concept that indigenous peoples used by putting fish carcasses in the soil around their corn and other crops. great source or organic nutrients.

CaliRooted likes this.
  4. Jabsaw

Jabsaw

No kidding, I was talking to him about natural inputs and FAA and the process etc... When he just threw that out there. Ok so now I'm thinking can I take that mixture just add molasses and some LAB, and let it go for a few weeks with the same results. Opposed to adding the solids from the start

str8smokn likes this.
  5. Jabsaw

Jabsaw

Or skip the whole FAA process all together and just fly that route in the future?

6. G gnome

G gnome Moderator Staff Member

Thats gonna stink to high hell

Papasomni and Enforcer like this.
  7. Jabsaw

Jabsaw

I concur.

Papasomni likes this.
  8. Yeah, not even close to worth it. I’m sure it would work, but I’ll stick with the bottled stuff. I don’t feel like gagging every time I walk in my grow room. I just want the lovely smell of dank!

Papasomni likes this.