FishNure

• Thread starter OctoberDee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I've been using this stuff in my AACT, I'm thinking about just adding to water and not inoculating in a tea. Looks like there are quite a bit of micros and benes just out the bag mixed with water. I only use about a large marble sized portion for my tea which is about 5 gallons. I'm gonna mix it just like Mr. Fushnure and see what it does. It's def got life in the bag, I always see live earthworms in there.

Natural

Natural

really cool..I wonder where they are harvesting the fish poo from..dredging the local hatcheries?

S

slap14

I've been using this stuff in my AACT, I'm thinking about just adding to water and not inoculating in a tea. Looks like there are quite a bit of micros and benes just out the bag mixed with water. I only use about a large marble sized portion for my tea which is about 5 gallons. I'm gonna mix it just like Mr. Fushnure and see what it does. It's def got life in the bag, I always see live earthworms in there.

Thanks for the tip Dee. I'll be checking it out, love new organic stuff.

Cort

Cort

really cool..I wonder where they are harvesting the fish poo from..dredging the local hatcheries?
Believe it or not, I know a guy who works at a fish farm. They raise 2 kinds of fish, catfish and tilapia. Once the catfish are harvested they throw in Tilapia to eat all the catfish poop and left over food.

Dont eat asian farmed tilapia or shrimp. Over there they dont bother with the catfish and just use the tilapia and shrimp to eat human waste.

Natural

Natural

Believe it or not, I know a guy who works at a fish farm. They raise 2 kinds of fish, catfish and tilapia. Once the catfish are harvested they throw in Tilapia to eat all the catfish poop and left over food.

Dont eat asian farmed tilapia or shrimp. Over there they dont bother with the catfish and just use the tilapia and shrimp to eat human waste.

dafuq I just read?

Natural

Natural

The whole of Asia..that's just gross!
I remember these guys that did tilapia tanks and used the poo to feed their sweet basil greenhouses. Total efficiency..man gotta love that. I wonder how hard it would be to get other types of hatcheries to come off the poo. Makes me wanna make some phone calls. I just love the idea of fish poo compost!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Ask him what antibiotics they use prophylactically, too. Out here, not overseas. That's the one issue I would have with using this product, because I know that in the aquarium trade they're used prophylactically (as a preventative measure, instead of as-needed).

As for the rest of it, no biggie, that's part of what makes tilapia so appealing. Ultimately everyone ends up eating someone else's shit.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Ask him what antibiotics they use prophylactically, too. Out here, not overseas. That's the one issue I would have with using this product, because I know that in the aquarium trade they're used prophylactically (as a preventative measure, instead of as-needed).

As for the rest of it, no biggie, that's part of what makes tilapia so appealing. Ultimately everyone ends up eating someone else's shit.

Apparently it is not legal to use chemicals prophylactically on fish grown in the US according to this website regarding catfish grown in raceways:
http://www.thefishsite.com/articles/866/cultured-aquatic-species-channel-catfish

"Prevention through avoidance of stress on the fish is probably the most effective means of avoiding disease. Chemicals are only used when an epizootic has been detected, and then only for limited periods of time. Prophylactic chemical use is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, which is the agency that approves therapeutic compounds for use on fish."

Natural

Natural

Hearing you loud and clear SM! The food industry is so very latent with corruption and cover-ups..it's no doubt the fish hatcheries are no exception. That just leaves room for opportunity! As the safety of our food is in danger..people will seek alternatives. With such poisonous food on the market, organic responsible fish farming is a gold mine. I stay away from catfish and tilapia, I like trout, bass, and ocean fish..unfortunately Fukushima is still leaking and the mercury levels for wild fish is all terrible news. All good news for anyone wanting to make organic foodstuffs a career!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's right, it's a growth industry, hitting easily 10% per annum, and much of that growth is being fueled by WOMEN-folk.
Apparently it is not legal to use chemicals prophylactically on fish grown in the US according to this website regarding catfish grown in raceways:
http://www.thefishsite.com/articles/866/cultured-aquatic-species-channel-catfish

"Prevention through avoidance of stress on the fish is probably the most effective means of avoiding disease. Chemicals are only used when an epizootic has been detected, and then only for limited periods of time. Prophylactic chemical use is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, which is the agency that approves therapeutic compounds for use on fish."
Interesting, then the rule has changed since the last time I was researching various aquaculture methods. It used to be quite common. Good to know, though... it actually doesn't jive with what the USDA allows for other food production animals (non-organic standards). Thanks for digging that up!

Natural

Natural

That's right, it's a growth industry, hitting easily 10% per annum, and much of that growth is being fueled by WOMEN-folk.
hahaha...nice! I sure as heck am not gonna be caught wading any waters with any pacu populations..what did you call them.."chicken of the Amazon"? o_O
Sea..I picture you as a gal that sure doesn't mind gettin' dirty (my kinda gal!)

J

jwhite4100

No chemicals are used in the production of Fishnure.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

No chemicals are used in the production of Fishnure.
Hey JWhite, finally caught on to the THCFarm huh? Fishnure is great stuff, I use it on everything not just the medical. It worked better for me in vermi-compost tea bubbled for 24 hours. I tried as Mr. Fishnure and the results were exceptional but in a tea it's killer!! For anyone who has tried it, how you find it working?

neverbreak

neverbreak

now that i think of it, that's basically the whole premise that aquaponics is based on. fish shit in the water, plants thrive in the water.

neverbreak

Top Bottom