Flood Table Lid?

• Thread starter Mids4lyfe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mids4lyfe

I want to turn my flood table into a dwc table but I can't seem to find a lid for it. Any suggestions? I found some expanded pvc board online but the shipping is crazy expensive so I'm looking for something a little cheaper but still water proof and able to cut holes in it for the net pots. It's a 4x4 table but it really measures about 50.5" square.

Flood table lid
Flood table lid 2
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Can't you buy an exact copy of the bottom tray, flip it, cut your holes, and voila a lid?

It can't be that difficult to seal up the seam water tight.

M

Mids4lyfe

Can't you buy an exact copy of the bottom tray, flip it, cut your holes, and voila a lid?

It can't be that difficult to seal up the seam water tight.

Then my table would be really tall thus having to use a too of water. Also if I sealed up the seam it would make it basically impossible to clean.

xeamonk

xeamonk

what about plywood with holes cut to fit net pots and then finished with some sealer, or marine paint or something? Im not too sure what kind of foam board would do what in water as far as harboring algae and such, it sounds like you want something permanent and washable

M

Mids4lyfe

I was thinking about using plywood then sealing it with flexseal. I just wasn't sure if that would be waterproof enough.

what about plywood with holes cut to fit net pots and then finished with some sealer, or marine paint or something? Im not too sure what kind of foam board would do what in water as far as harboring algae and such, it sounds like you want something permanent and washable

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

having done both DWC, and F & D/E & F, why? F & D is the more desirable as roots benefit from a dry period

M

Mids4lyfe

having done both DWC, and F & D/E & F, why? F & D is the more desirable as roots benefit from a dry period

The plants veg on this table and then go into a dwc system for flower. I just figured it would be best to have them in dwx the whole time.

Hempry

Hempry

Coroplast- corrugated plastic, comes in 4x8' sheets or cut down at the hardware stores, looks like plastic cardboard. Get the solid color kind that lets less light through, I've done exactly this in F+D to finish, worked pretty good actually.

M

Mids4lyfe

Thanks I'm gonna check that out.

Coroplast- corrugated plastic, comes in 4x8' sheets or cut down at the hardware stores, looks like plastic cardboard. Get the solid color kind that lets less light through, I've done exactly this in F+D to finish, worked pretty good actually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom