Flowering Help!!!

• Thread starter EvrydyHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

Yep and it's all too easy to snap a branch off if you are not careful been there... done it... For anyone not familiar with the technique, you're not actually ' smashing' the stem. Imagine a kinked water hose, that's what you are trying to do, essentially breaking the outer shell of the stem while all the waterworks inside stay intact so those juices keep flowin'

philly kush

philly kush

Ive got two auto-flowering bubble kush plants growing indoor right now. They've been on 24hr led light since August and hace gotten quite tall and seem pretty healthy. This is only my second time growing and im not exactly sure when i should start using less light for flowering especially with it being a auto-flowering plant. Theyve gotten so tall we've had to adjust lighting, theyve got tons of branches but its not exactly bushy...if that makes sense. If anyone has any advise please share it. Ive put ALOT of wotk and money in these babies so i dont wanna fuck it up.

Oh, idk if this helps but they growing completely organic. Used KindSoil and cow manure.
if they were autos they woul've been done a while ago

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yep and it's all too easy to snap a branch off if you are not careful been there... done it... For anyone not familiar with the technique, you're not actually ' smashing' the stem. Imagine a kinked water hose, that's what you are trying to do, essentially breaking the outer shell of the stem while all the waterworks inside stay intact so those juices keep flowin'
Really... I just walk up and smack them one good time with my 8 foot fishing rod.. and if they are really woody, I get the vice grips out and smash that mutha till it acts right.. I've heard the term,,,
LAYING MY PIMP HAND ON THEM.....
And I've even dam near beheaded a few. Put a Lil tape on them and 5 days later, got a good knuckle, branch is picking itself back up, and all the shoots are stretching for light.
You could get some yoyo's..
But anyway you need to get the top of the plant tied down or broke down ( super crop ) and then put the light on a timer set to come on at 6pm and go off at 6 am.. every day for 65 days and your fruit will be ready. . Don't peak when it's dark.. That's a no no.. Will mess everything up if it gets light while it the dark period. But you got to get the top down first are they will grow into your light and beyound...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If its been 5 months they are not autos I'm afraid. Not a big fan of autos, I like to be in control, but grew a couple of northern lights for a laugh, and they finished in 10 weeks! I know there are some slow autos, but not that slow. On the plus side, if its definitely a female plant you have, you could take a few cuttings and get more plants. Forget the term supercropping, that sounds complicated when you don't know what it means. Basically cut the top off (watch a video to show you exactly where), cut the bottom two thirds growth off (that's all the leaves, stems etc ) so you're left with literally just the trunk and some growth at the top. Don't do it all at once or you'll shock the plant. Because you said your plant is so tall, most of the lower growth will be airy useless fluff with just one light. Doing what I said will let the plant focus on all the growth at the top, and by cutting the top off (topping) you'll hopefully end up with a few big fat top colas. Look into LST , it's quite easy even for a learner. Hope this helps!
Dan maybe I misunderstood what your saying, so if I'm wrong my apologies. ..
With that said, when you super crop YOU DO NOT cut any of your tops. I'm not gonna repeat what it is since Dr Skunk McDougall has done explained it perfectly and precisely. ...
Your description of lollipop (ing) is on part as we can only illuminate so much top growth that anything under 12 to 18 inches is fluff,, dependant on your light...
I just don't want op misunderstanding and chopping off the tops. She or he or Leo or who ever just needs to read a little on super cropping and get er done...
It's not rocket science. Hopefully the branches ain't too woody yet or she won't be up to the task.
In that case maybe you better put the lights vertical. One on each side of the plant and make it grow horizontal. Put 2 vertical scrogs in on each side!

dan1989

dan1989

With that said, when you super crop YOU DO NOT cut any of your tops. I'm not gonna repeat what it is since Dr Skunk McDougall has done explained it perfectly and precisely. ...
Your description of lollipop (ing) is on part as we can only illuminate so much top growth that anything under 12 to 18 inches is fluff,, dependant on your light...
I just don't want op misunderstanding and chopping off the tops. She or he or Leo or who ever just needs to read a little on super cropping and get er done...
It's not rocket science. Hopefully the branches ain't too woody yet or she won't be up to the task.
In that case maybe you better put the lights vertical. One on each side of the plant and make it grow horizontal. Put 2 vertical scrogs in on each side!

Well said :)

dan1989

dan1989

Sorry, I should have been more specific. To clear that up, that wasn't my explanation of super cropping, I meant it's a little on the advanced side comparing to topping and tying down. I've personally not done super cropping on my plants so didn't want to try and give advice on doing that.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sorry, I should have been more specific. To clear that up, that wasn't my explanation of super cropping, I meant it's a little on the advanced side comparing to topping and tying down. I've personally not done super cropping on my plants so didn't want to try and give advice on doing that.
Yes it's very important here that we only Give advice on what we know from trial and error. .. and it's best to still put imo...
Newbies usually spend all their pesos and need to see a harvest even if Just a little one. . That gives them confidence to continue. I have not seen a newbie come here and fail yet. I contribute that to the mods, and Ole dogs on this site that put out factual info...
We must all do are part too...

Op needs to read, analyze, and decide..
here is the thing. It only takes a month from seed or clone to have a flower ready to flip...
so even mistakes are not the end of the world.
Take clones, then super crop that bitch.
you clones will be ready from for flip when this one has harvested. So 2 harvest in 130 dsys...

Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

^ you guys are intense

If you have any questions about how to help with your grow let us know!

I agree with someone a few comments back, if it was an auto flower it would have been budding by now. Which is okay because if you can learn to take some clones you won't need to buy anymore seeds! Hope all is well with your garden!

+++vibes

Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

Ive got two auto-flowering bubble kush plants growing indoor right now. They've been on 24hr led light since August and hace gotten quite tall and seem pretty healthy. This is only my second time growing and im not exactly sure when i should start using less light for flowering especially with it being a auto-flowering plant. Theyve gotten so tall we've had to adjust lighting, theyve got tons of branches but its not exactly bushy...if that makes sense. If anyone has any advise please share it. Ive put ALOT of wotk and money in these babies so i dont wanna fuck it up.

Oh, idk if this helps but they growing completely organic. Used KindSoil and cow manure.

Here's the thing about when to flip (change the light cycle to 12/12 to induce flowering) you can literally do it anytime. When it's 6 inches tall or 6 feet tall, that's the magic of indoor you can control the light cycle! It all depends on your space and your setup.

A light will only penetrate the canopy so much, so when your flowering, the lower nodes(bud sites) won't receive much light and will waste energy by producing fluffy immature buds

I think that's what the gentlemen before me were trying to get at, with super cropping, LST(low stress training) and so on. I did both these techniques on my first grow, but only after hours of reading, and watching videos on proper technique. So definitely worth a read, you can find tons of stuff on both subjects on here or on YouTube :) but be sure to properly research before diving into a new technique

Because you only have one light, and because your plants will go through a phase called "stretch" when you change the light cycle (all plants have an explosion of growth called stretch when you induce flowering / flip) I would probably just end up trimming it down from the top. (Good opportunity for some cloning if you should choose to do so) use clean scissors and snip down the main stalk / upper growth, post pics of your endeavor to help you remember how it went. This will make the other lower nodes try to take over for the top spot of light and you'll have multiple tops which will create your nice top buds. Cannabis plants are very resilient in veg and she seems healthy so in my opinion she will be just fine.

Also: remember to wait AT LEAST one week to ten days after doing any trimming, topping etc.... give the plant time to come back.

Good Luck! ++++ vibes

EvrydyHippie

EvrydyHippie

I did the super cropping technique. Was actually super easy and both plants are doing well. Im eager to see what happens since this is my 2nd try and the 1st time we failed miserably. And i have more lights ordered cause they really need it. Im not trying to get them super crazy big but i want to see how good i can get at doing this. Thank you for everyones help. Im sure ill be back for more

iKharon

iKharon

Really... I just walk up and smack them one good time with my 8 foot fishing rod.. and if they are really woody, I get the vice grips out and smash that mutha till it acts right.. I've heard the term,,,
LAYING MY PIMP HAND ON THEM.....
And I've even dam near beheaded a few. Put a Lil tape on them and 5 days later, got a good knuckle, branch is picking itself back up, and all the shoots are stretching for light.
You could get some yoyo's..
But anyway you need to get the top of the plant tied down or broke down ( super crop ) and then put the light on a timer set to come on at 6pm and go off at 6 am.. every day for 65 days and your fruit will be ready. . Don't peak when it's dark.. That's a no no.. Will mess everything up if it gets light while it the dark period. But you got to get the top down first are they will grow into your light and beyound...
5 to the eyes. Lmao

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Here's the thing about when to flip (change the light cycle to 12/12 to induce flowering) you can literally do it anytime. When it's 6 inches tall or 6 feet tall, that's the magic of indoor you can control the light cycle! It all depends on your space and your setup.

A light will only penetrate the canopy so much, so when your flowering, the lower nodes(bud sites) won't receive much light and will waste energy by producing fluffy immature buds

I think that's what the gentlemen before me were trying to get at, with super cropping, LST(low stress training) and so on. I did both these techniques on my first grow, but only after hours of reading, and watching videos on proper technique. So definitely worth a read, you can find tons of stuff on both subjects on here or on YouTube :) but be sure to properly research before diving into a new technique

Because you only have one light, and because your plants will go through a phase called "stretch" when you change the light cycle (all plants have an explosion of growth called stretch when you induce flowering / flip) I would probably just end up trimming it down from the top. (Good opportunity for some cloning if you should choose to do so) use clean scissors and snip down the main stalk / upper growth, post pics of your endeavor to help you remember how it went. This will make the other lower nodes try to take over for the top spot of light and you'll have multiple tops which will create your nice top buds. Cannabis plants are very resilient in veg and she seems healthy so in my opinion she will be just fine.

Also: remember to wait AT LEAST one week to ten days after doing any trimming, topping etc.... give the plant time to come back.

Good Luck! ++++ vibes
Excellent advice!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I did the super cropping technique. Was actually super easy and both plants are doing well. Im eager to see what happens since this is my 2nd try and the 1st time we failed miserably. And i have more lights ordered cause they really need it. Im not trying to get them super crazy big but i want to see how good i can get at doing this. Thank you for everyones help. Im sure ill be back for more
Awesome!!!! Proud of you.. like ^^^ stated above allow week to 10 days for all the tops to shoot up towards the light. Mean time get your light upgraded and a timer. And then in a week or so you flip to 12/12....

. You could technically have dried smoke able bud in 85 days! And you can cure for a few weeks and bring out the flavor more..
Good job... I'm proud of you!

EvrydyHippie

EvrydyHippie

Just an update.... I did the super cropping and they reacted great. Theyre over 4ft tall now, actually one got so big it fell over, no harm done tho. I still have them on 24hr light cause i wanted to see the super cropping effects but now, even though ive kept the light cycle the same it looks like they're starting their preflowering stage all on their own. Should i go ahead and just change their light cycle now or just let em do their thing

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

Just an update.... I did the super cropping and they reacted great. Theyre over 4ft tall now, actually one got so big it fell over, no harm done tho. I still have them on 24hr light cause i wanted to see the super cropping effects but now, even though ive kept the light cycle the same it looks like they're starting their preflowering stage all on their own. Should i go ahead and just change their light cycle now or just let em do their thing
if your room is full and you have your cuttings for the next time I'd say yes switch em

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If they're 4 feet tall you'd better have ten foot ceilings because they will double in size after the first few weeks of flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom