Flowering In Low Tent

• Thread starter THClaes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jasper Geist

Jasper Geist

hi i was wondering if i can flower plants in a 90cm tall propagation tent, and if so how?
I have the secret jardin DP90 propagtion tent.
thanks

Funny you should ask. Well... it could be done. I wouldn't as I find myself averse to frustration. But that doesn't matter. We're talking growing here.

I have a DP90 and I use it only for the first 2 or 3 weeks while sprouting from seed. I also use a small Agrobright T5. It's about 2 foot long and has 4 bulbs. Works great for what it is intended for.

I lent the tent to my neighbour and he asked the same question. Here's what I came up with... The distance from the light to the top of the plant is the issue that is most important. With an LED or even an HPS if you wanted... it could be done. What you have to do is have a low profile pot. Air-pot makes a container that is very wide vs. high. I'm not sure how the root system would like it but we are talking about a weed here. Weed's can grow up through the interior siding of a house, burst through a crack in the frame of a window, cascade back down the exterior side of the wall and flourish. Never underestimate the will of a plant to survive. :)

Anyhow... so turn the DP90 on its back. Place the pot on the newly apportioned floor and let it grow up out of what was once the front door of the tent. The plant wont mind doing so. Hang the light from a trellis or the ceiling and then you can optimise the height-to-canopy as needed. If you really wanted to make life complicated one could learn to use every LST trick in the book and maybe even zipper shut the "front" door every night and reduce light leaks. Not that light leaks matter. Just enjoy what grows.

See? More than one way to skin a cat... or, to be more accurate... ya can't keep a determined grower down!

T

THClaes

Funny you should ask. Well... it could be done. I wouldn't as I find myself averse to frustration. But that doesn't matter. We're talking growing here.

I have a DP90 and I use it only for the first 2 or 3 weeks while sprouting from seed. I also use a small Agrobright T5. It's about 2 foot long and has 4 bulbs. Works great for what it is intended for.

I lent the tent to my neighbour and he asked the same question. Here's what I came up with... The distance from the light to the top of the plant is the issue that is most important. With an LED or even an HPS if you wanted... it could be done. What you have to do is have a low profile pot. Air-pot makes a container that is very wide vs. high. I'm not sure how the root system would like it but we are talking about a weed here. Weed's can grow up through the interior siding of a house, burst through a crack in the frame of a window, cascade back down the exterior side of the wall and flourish. Never underestimate the will of a plant to survive. :)

Anyhow... so turn the DP90 on its back. Place the pot on the newly apportioned floor and let it grow up out of what was once the front door of the tent. The plant wont mind doing so. Hang the light from a trellis or the ceiling and then you can optimise the height-to-canopy as needed. If you really wanted to make life complicated one could learn to use every LST trick in the book and maybe even zipper shut the "front" door every night and reduce light leaks. Not that light leaks matter. Just enjoy what grows.

See? More than one way to skin a cat... or, to be more accurate... ya can't keep a determined grower down!

Wow thats a Great idea actually. Thanks!

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Veg a week, put a scrog in under a 250 hps
While it's stretching, keep tucking the branches under an unoccupied hole. Ya can get a nice yield, w/good quality depending on genetics

Latest posts

Top Bottom