Flowering Initiated Due To Photonperiod Change (but Not 12/12)

• Thread starter Jeffallegood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jeffallegood

We are growing and propagating CBD hemp in greenhouses in NC. We have supplemental light on our mothers and propagation area to keep plants on 18/6 light cycle. We moved some rooted trays of plants to another greenhouse that does not have supplemental light and it looks like some have started to set flower buds. We thought we would be fine this time of year without the extra light since plants don't start to flower on natural light until July in our area.

Is a slight change in photoperiod enough to make some varieties switch to flowering even if you don't go to 12/12? Looks like just one variety showing buds not all of them.

If we messed up and made these start to flower can we flip them back to veg or did we just screw up the whole crop? We planned to sell these to farmers to plant out in fields but now we are afraid to since they may have switched to flowering.

J

Jeffallegood

Check how many hours of direct sunlight they are getting. If they show signs of any flowering at all hang up some fluorescents about every 4 feet. (Cheap and easy) That will trick them to stay in veg.

J

Jeffallegood

So if they start to flower I can turn them back to veg with no issue? I was worried once they started flowering I would be hard to get them to go back to veg

Top Bottom