Flowering / Light Cycle Time Shift ???: 24 Hour Dark Or 15 Hour Of Dark / 12 Hour Of Light

• Thread starter hzd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hzd

I have been in flower for 3 days.
my 12 hour cycle is during the night. starting at 630 pm.
I want to work during the day a few days to crank out some work,
so I do not have to work overnight, and still get 12 solid hours in.

Which of these options is the better, or maybe a combo.
What risk do I take by doing this.
A. Instead of light coming on as expected at 63opm. it does not come on for another 12 hours.
Making 24 hours of today dark around 5 days into flower.
The cycle is not on at 630am and off at 630pm.
Then... exactly 3 days later. the light does not come on at 630am.
and once again there is 12 hours of extra darkness until 24 hours later
at 630pm the light comes on.
and then the normal 630pm light cycle will remain for the rest of the run.

the other option would be to phase the change in over 4 days in 3 hour increments:
meaning; i would still give the plants 12 full hours of light, but over the course of 4 days,
the plants would get an extra 3 hours for a total of 15 hours for 4 'nights'
broken down: light off at 630am. 15 hours of darkness, light back on at 930pm.
12 hours light till 930am. darkness another 15 hours till 12pm midnight. light 12 hours till noon. then 15 more hours of dark would bring the light on at 3am. with 12 hours of light until 3pm. the final cycle of 15 dark and 12 light would get me to the being where I want with light on at 630am till 630pm.

My idea at first was to go 24 hours dark on the first end and then cycle them back around to the night.
That was because I did not really want to have to give them 24 hours of dark 2x within 3 days.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Anyone know what I risk?
I know some people give extended dark at the beginning of flower intentionally.
(**once read** this is said to apparently be in hopes of quickly inducing some hormonal shifts)

I thought since I am only 3 days in and people give extra dark on purpose, maybe I should just do that.

Anyone have any helpful input?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Just as long as they get 12 full hours of dark and you arent changing the light schedule more than once you can just change it. Just let them be in the dark until you want the lights to come on every day and set the timer. Just dont give them light when they should be in the dark first.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Just do the 24 hour darkness the way you said it. This early in flower it wont hurt any.
Get it done and over with quickly and they will be fine.

Reactions: hzd
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I have been in flower for 3 days.
my 12 hour cycle is during the night. starting at 630 pm.
I want to work during the day a few days to crank out some work,
so I do not have to work overnight, and still get 12 solid hours in.

Which of these options is the better, or maybe a combo.
What risk do I take by doing this.
A. Instead of light coming on as expected at 63opm. it does not come on for another 12 hours.
Making 24 hours of today dark around 5 days into flower.
The cycle is not on at 630am and off at 630pm.
Then... exactly 3 days later. the light does not come on at 630am.
and once again there is 12 hours of extra darkness until 24 hours later
at 630pm the light comes on.
and then the normal 630pm light cycle will remain for the rest of the run.

the other option would be to phase the change in over 4 days in 3 hour increments:
meaning; i would still give the plants 12 full hours of light, but over the course of 4 days,
the plants would get an extra 3 hours for a total of 15 hours for 4 'nights'
broken down: light off at 630am. 15 hours of darkness, light back on at 930pm.
12 hours light till 930am. darkness another 15 hours till 12pm midnight. light 12 hours till noon. then 15 more hours of dark would bring the light on at 3am. with 12 hours of light until 3pm. the final cycle of 15 dark and 12 light would get me to the being where I want with light on at 630am till 630pm.

My idea at first was to go 24 hours dark on the first end and then cycle them back around to the night.
That was because I did not really want to have to give them 24 hours of dark 2x within 3 days.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Anyone know what I risk?
I know some people give extended dark at the beginning of flower intentionally.
(**once read** this is said to apparently be in hopes of quickly inducing some hormonal shifts)

I thought since I am only 3 days in and people give extra dark on purpose, maybe I should just do that.

Anyone have any helpful input?
I don't know what size crop you have or what you're willing to risk. In my opinion I would not mess with the schedule now. If you're willing to risk it what I would do is just do an hour split on each end and over a long period of time until you get it where you want it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom