Flowering Time

• Thread starter treeratt59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
treeratt59

treeratt59

Just wondering if anyone has lengthened their light on time from 12 to say, 13, or 14, or 15 hours after the first week or two of flowering beginning? Just wondering if longer on time once flowering has begun could help to increase cola size or anything else. Your thouhts???

Azumi207

Azumi207

During flower cycle you don't fuck with her sleeping schedule lol 12 hours of darkness period is what I've stuck by, more powerful lights or new bulbs will increase yield for sure, cola size I feel is strain dependent due to nodel stacking

xavier7995

xavier7995

It is an interesting idea. Are you thinking of keeping the dark period at 12+ hours and then using say...a 27 hour day to fit the additional hours of light? You can't go much under 12 hours of dark without causing issues, so I think you would definitely have to use something other than a 24 hour day. My timer is not that fancy.

Going with a longer night and shorter days helps a plant finish quicker; curious if this would result in a longer flower time but significantly improved yield.

treeratt59

treeratt59

Azumi207, great reply. After all, they are all girls. I should have known better. LOL.

treeratt59

treeratt59

To Xavier7995, great idea about longer days, 27 hours or so, might need to think on that one. Thanks

visajoe1

visajoe1

I thought of this before, but I dropped the idea when I determined I would literally need to be able to program a lighting schedule for (insert grow time) which didnt seem realistic. And I immediately lost interest. lol

Top Bottom