Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Artie

420Artie

just did a side by side on a 4x8 coco bed 315 on one end and 600 hps on the other end,25 under each light in a sog/scrog. even though the 315 has an adjusta wing reflector and there we're some runts it still won yielded 15 oz vs 12 oz from the 600 hps.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

just did a side by side on a 4x8 coco bed 315 on one end and 600 hps on the other end,25 under each light in a sog/scrog. even though the 315 has an adjusta wing reflector and there we're some runts it still won yielded 15 oz vs 12 oz from the 600 hps.

So you got .5 g per watt approx. under the 600hps and 1.5 under the 315?

These results show what we were saying about using the lamps to their potential or managing the heat and intensity.

Freshone

Freshone

I'm getting a room ready now that will be a 750 gavitas in the middle between 2 315s over a 4x8,well see,they sure work good in veg.Im using the sunsystems vert remote reflectors and prism ballasts but I'm ordering a couple of those new neutron horizontals that SS just came out with too and see if there's any difference horizontal vs vert.
if anyone is looking growers house has the complete setups,prism ballast,Philips bulb and neutron reflector on sale right now for 250 bucks,that's a helluva deal.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm getting a room ready now that will be a 750 gavitas in the middle between 2 315s over a 4x8,well see,they sure work good in veg.Im using the sunsystems vert remote reflectors and prism ballasts but I'm ordering a couple of those new neutron horizontals that SS just came out with too and see if there's any difference horizontal vs vert.
if anyone is looking growers house has the complete setups,prism ballast,Philips bulb and neutron reflector on sale right now for 250 bucks,that's a helluva deal.

That sounds like a very effective light setup. Which temp bulbs will you use for the 315's?

Rcubed

Rcubed

I'm setting up a 4X8 tent now for fall/winter. I bought two 315cmh to re-veg a couple of outdoor plants and start some clones. I plan to add either a HPS or an LED when I want to throw some of them back in bud. Any thoughts on which would be better?

420Artie

420Artie

So you got .5 g per watt approx. under the 600hps and 1.5 under the 315?

These results show what we were saying about using the lamps to their potential or managing the heat and intensity.
yeah around 1.5 for the 315 but the key to getting those numbers is in a sea of green or scrog and reflective Mylar all around the the 315 as it doesn't have a big foot print.

420Artie

420Artie

one more thing I want add about 315 3100 bulb is that in my case the buds took a couple days longer to finish on GG4 and the resin glands were more pronounced and also buds came out a little darker green compared to the 600 hps. I smoked both and can't tell the difference between them.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

How do you go from .5gpw 600hps to 1.5gpw 315cmh with half the power? That's a cry for help with the .5/600w. I barely get +.25gow more after I swapped out all hps to cmh.

420Artie

420Artie

How do you go from .5gpw 600hps to 1.5gpw 315cmh with half the power? That's a cry for help with the .5/600w. I barely get +.25gow more after I swapped out all hps to cmh.
idk if your question is towards me but if what your trying to convay is that your gpw stayed about the same after switching over to cmh it's because your not growing in a sog with high plant count. I personally think that 315 cmh will only be more productive if your growing with high plant count in a sea of green or scrog. 15 oz is more like 1.3 gpw not 1.5 gpw I was off on my math but still very impressive for 315 watts.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

idk if your question is towards me but if what your trying to convay is that your gpw stayed about the same after switching over to cmh it's because your not growing in a sog with high plant count. I personally think that 315 cmh will only be more productive if your growing with high plant count in a sea of green or scrog. 15 oz is more like 1.3 gpw not 1.5 gpw I was off on my math but still very impressive for 315 watts.

My record under a 600 hps if we are using grams per watt as a metric was 24 oz. I do not count anything but dense buds. And they have to be big enough or they go in the trim pile.

I did better grams per watt with the 315. It was my first try and I got 17.

took 2 years to reach the level with the hps. But the buds are coming out bigger and more potent.

Just not frostier or more colorful like the 315.

I will be using both over the plants in the future for best results.

And my plants finished an average of 6 days sooner under cmh. But I still lose about 30% total yield in testing so I use the 600's mainly.

i would say the 315 equals 400- 450 watts of hps.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I got +1gpw with 600 from the get go. And even more with 315 cmh. If you can't hit 1gpw with a 600, or even close, then somethings dedfinately wrong.

Rcubed

Rcubed

I just cloned three of my outdoor strains that are 3 or 4 weeks from finishing. I'm going to put them under 3 Phillips agro 315s in an 8X4 and attempt to duplicate the medium, feeding, and time in veg. I'm curious how the 315 will do against the Southern California sun.
IMG 20170930 174209

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got +1gpw with 600 from the get go. And even more with 315 cmh. If you can't hit 1gpw with a 600, or even close, then somethings dedfinately wrong.

I grow 1 plant at a time from seed staggered a week to 10 days apart for perpetual harvests and up on stands to try to keep an even canopy.

No known clones and no net or trellis. It took a while to get good enough for the results for I am getting.

I am averaging grams per watt as grams per lamp per month. If I grew clones together for yield I would do much better than I am reporting.

And half a gram per watt as a meter is average for new growers. Not a gram. That is a dialed hps Grow. You are good at this shit bro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom