Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonny Rosin

Jonny Rosin

It’s def not a fair comparison. Under the 1k hps it filled out about 5sq ft. Of the canopy. Getting .5gpw if you figure 25% of the light is 250watts. Under the cmh the same cut filled out 7.5 sq ft. And got .95gpw. It did get an extra two weeks of veg too so def not a fair comparison but I’m very happy with the results regardless! Interestingly enough I yielded 392g with a g13haze under the 1k hps filling out the same 5sq ft. So that’s over 1.5gpw with the same space and light!

Jonny Rosin

Jonny Rosin

4426BE08 BF61 4257 8875 BE2354E0C561
Couple of freshly trimmed Dutch nugs from the cmh

P

PharmHand

I ran a Phillips 3100k next to a Hortilux 600 Super HPS all last year and my opinion is that the 315 cmh compares to about 450 watts of HPS flowering light.

My best yield in a 4'x4' area with the 600 HPS was 22 oz. dense dry nugs.

My best yield in a 3'x3' area with the 315 CMH was 15 oz.

Denser larger buds with low leaf/bud ratio with HPS.

More colorful and somewhat frostier looking buds but less dense and more lower larf with CMH.

Both lamps are capable of excellent smell and flavor. I think the added blue in the Hortilux spectrum helps the hps here.

Both lamps grow very potent flowers with full complexity of canabanoids as genetics allow.

I thought the flowers that stretched in between the 2 lamps were consistently the best looking.

I think 2 315's might solve the density problem over the 600 and beat the yield by a good margin in the same area.

I plan to run a cycle from start to finish in a 3'x3' tent and the 315 next.
Any improvements w the cmh yield increasing intensity? Switched out my HPS 1ks to 630w cmh and had one of my worst crops ever. Had some small user errors but nothing I can think of to attribute such a pitiful outcome. Not impressed by cmh at all. Frosty n colorful sure, but tiny nugs compared to HPS

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Any improvements w the cmh yield increasing intensity? Switched out my HPS 1ks to 630w cmh and had one of my worst crops ever. Had some small user errors but nothing I can think of to attribute such a pitiful outcome. Not impressed by cmh at all. Frosty n colorful sure, but tiny nugs compared to HPS
You should have replace that hps with 2 630’s FTW!

P

PharmHand

You should have replace that hps with 2 630’s FTW!
I'm on the fence now between throwing in some cmh vertically free hanging between rows or HPS 600s. I don't quite have the power to spare tho for the HPS but have enough for the 315's ,so kind of a forced play into more cmh....I have each 630 on a 4'x3.5' center currently so the extra lights would be centered between four 630s forming an x that probably makes no sense ;)

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I'm on the fence now between throwing in some cmh vertically free hanging between rows or HPS 600s. I don't quite have the power to spare tho for the HPS but have enough for the 315's ,so kind of a forced play into more cmh....I have each 630 on a 4'x3.5' center currently so the extra lights would be centered between four 630s forming an x that probably makes no sense ;)
I put a1000 hps in the center of two trays and s 630 cmh on each side of it. I think the best spot is right where the two spectrums meet.
579E40B8 E643 4E89 AD58 9E97A863F7C5
D85CE98F 6560 4FF1 9FE4 8BA8FE20A04D
FB50F8E8 09A3 42CA AFE3 BFE7F261B48E

P

PharmHand

I got a 3k n 4K per 630. The buds remind me of buds grown under reg mh, smaller n leafier. Had four strains in there, two actually turned out not too bad considering less wattage, the other two were cookie varieties came out much smaller than normal- cookie crumbs. I'm gonna try two 3ks per fixture instead and a 4K hanging vertically or maybe all 3ks. I feel like I need more red and ir to get that high calyx to leaf ratio bud I've come to love. Your plants look good man. Mine actually stacked up really nice early on too then seemed to finish fizzle out and finish early.... What's your light spacing in there @GrowGod ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nah. It is what it is. I like what it does so I have put it back in in a tight triangle with my 2 600 hps’.

593BA886 CCCA 47CC 9FF2 B2EB8694F894

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I got a 3k n 4K per 630. The buds remind me of buds grown under reg mh, smaller n leafier. Had four strains in there, two actually turned out not too bad considering less wattage, the other two were cookie varieties came out much smaller than normal- cookie crumbs. I'm gonna try two 3ks per fixture instead and a 4K hanging vertically or maybe all 3ks. I feel like I need more red and ir to get that high calyx to leaf ratio bud I've come to love. Your plants look good man. Mine actually stacked up really nice early on too then seemed to finish fizzle out and finish early.... What's your light spacing in there @GrowGod ?
I got a 3k and 4 k per hood as well. The spacing is I believe 32” from hook to hook, I would gave to check though on how far the goods are apart . I need to yank those air cooled hoods and get some bateibgs for the 1000’s.
I wish I could have the two rows together but there is a drop in the cieling for hvac. I would have a lot more cross over light.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's tough bud. Do your nutes not hold stable over a couple of days? What line are you using?

No. I mix fresh. It’s pure Blend Pro Grow.

Sometimes it’s overwhelming but I usually only have to do a few a day.

When the whole room needs water Mrs. MMG calls it “the trifecta”. Lol.

It’s not that bad. I keep gallon pitchers to mix in. Then just line them up with their pitcher and do like an assembly line. Then go back and measure and record the runoff.

So far there is no doubt in my mind that giving as close to the actual nutrients plants need gives higher quality.

When I get too tired to keep doing it I will just monocrop the room with cuttings. But we all really like the variety.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
No. I mix fresh. It’s pure Blend Pro Grow.

Sometimes it’s overwhelming but I usually only have to do a few a day.

When the whole room needs water Mrs. MMG calls it “the trifecta”. Lol.

It’s not that bad. I keep gallon pitchers to mix in. Then just line them up with their pitcher and do like an assembly line. Then go back and measure and record the runoff.

So far there is no doubt in my mind that giving as close to the actual nutrients plants need gives higher quality.

When I get too tired to keep doing it I will just monocrop the room with cuttings. But we all really like the variety.
Wouldn’t ur be a lot easier to bloom everything at once? The trifecta haha

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wouldn’t ur be a lot easier to bloom everything at once? The trifecta haha

Of course. But then I would have a bunch of pounds all at once when we are only allowed 2.5 oz per patient in the house.

It also saves electricity and space. I don’t need to run a full veg room. Just a little tent with 4-5 plants growing a week or two apart.

Full 250 watt veg system pictured below. There were 2 plants growing together in this case to fill a hole that would open up in flower after a couple more harvests.

Schedule is loose but has to be perpetually maintained.

Water only in veg as I keep transplanting them up. That’s why it all fits too. The rest of the little bedroom is a soil bin and storage for all the pots and supplies and water buckets. And the intake fan and filter system for the flower room as it also functions as the lung room. In summer the window air conditioner cools both rooms.
B76286D2 04F5 4C25 B9C1 3033874353C9

Plus I like seeing all the different stages at once. Also I only have to do one of everything usually. Trim one plant. Transplant one day not final pot. Germinate one seed. Etc. but perpetually.

If there was a raid I would fully appear to be following all regulations for a patient. We would be able to claim protection under our laws. Better than nothing if it happens.

And the system bought me the house. Lol.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Of course. But then I would have a bunch of pounds all at once when we are only allowed 2.5 oz per patient in the house.

It also saves electricity and space. I don’t need to run a full veg room. Just a little tent with 4-5 plants growing a week or two apart.

Full 250 watt veg system pictured below. There were 2 plants growing together in this case to fill a hole that would open up in flower after a couple more harvests.

Schedule is loose but has to be perpetually maintained.

Water only in veg as I keep transplanting them up. That’s why it all fits too. The rest of the little bedroom is a soil bin and storage for all the pots and supplies and water buckets. And the intake fan and filter system for the flower room as it also functions as the lung room. In summer the window air conditioner cools both rooms.
View attachment 773634

Plus I like seeing all the different stages at once. Also I only have to do one of everything usually. Trim one plant. Transplant one day not final pot. Germinate one seed. Etc. but perpetually.

If there was a raid I would fully appear to be following all regulations for a patient. We would be able to claim protection under our laws. Better than nothing if it happens.

And the system bought me the house. Lol.
That makes total sense. The 2.5 ounces is insanely low amount to be allowed. If they ever do mess with you I would sue the pants off those assholes being 100% compliant.

stonestacker

stonestacker

That makes total sense. The 2.5 ounces is insanely low amount to be allowed. If they ever do mess with you I would sue the pants off those assholes being 100% compliant.
2.5 oz per patient of useable or ready to use. But you can have 12 plants per patient. how stupid. Now you play the labeling game. Cuntaminated uncured etc.

Top Bottom