Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Just because I couldn’t afford to change all my lighting over to CMH at once , I opted to replace half of my HPS with 315s instead. I now have them staggered and it’s working well. I am contemplating wether to leave it as is or go all CMH.
I do like the cross lighting I’m getting. Don’t need to keep them too close to the canopy cuasing undo stress.
Leave it, I think my best buds are where the hps and cmh meet.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower
What’s your set up?

For the flower room I use 2 Hortilux 600w Super Hps and 1 Phillips 315 LEC 3100k in a tight triangle. I would prefer to do all three right next to each other over a 4x8’ but the room I have it a bit too tight so this is my compromise.

Recent Pics
822D9387 0537 42AB BB6E DDA4903C9B8C

No flash used for pic
831A86E7 B69A 4A10 90C0 68CCA346A4A9
FBC348B3 CDD4 44F3 842C 508593A86ACA

Only about 8-10 inches between reflectors. Strong overlap for mixed spectrum as much as possible. I move the plants around and level the canopy with stands. Most plants are a week or two apart in age/stage.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I wouldn' use cmh from.seed. imo too much uva/uvb for the little guys.

I just got a bit of uvb/a burn in veg on a couple leaves.

There are benefits from *limited* exposure - supplemental UV A and B for seedlings. It triggers a hardiness that you normally don't see in artificial PAR lighting but is apparent when you grow outdoors. I believe it is key to triggering a vigorous phenotype response (whatever the pheno of that strain may be) earlier in the growth cycle. I have mentioned these guys before - http://www.biolumic.com/ - they have created an entire commercial business exposing seedlings to measured amounts of short-wavelength PAR light. They have data (proprietary - bummer. Data wants to be FREE!) that informs them on levels and duration for specific species that is compelling enough that they charge money and farmers pay them.

I had made personal observations over the years about the difference between the sun and standard PAR. The Sun is the original - we try so hard to mimic yet we try to use the same source for the entire growth period. This is an error, since the natural Daily Light Integral (DLI) varies during a natural season. Trying to goose growth artificially by exceeding the expected DLI will have unexpected side-effects and many seem to find that certain strains fail to thrive or fail completely when they try what other farmers suggest. I would suggest that you need to understand the strain first, then plan to accommodate those requirements rather than following some template that probably won't work unless the requirements match well enough.

And as always: YMMV.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I actually have some uva/uvb burn on some of my clones I put iin the veg room. I had to raise the light a bit. I noticed purple and very dark green in the 4 days the light was too low. 3 days after raising the light, the burn didn' progress any.

Rcubed

Rcubed

For the flower room I use 2 Hortilux 600w Super Hps and 1 Phillips 315 LEC 3100k in a tight triangle. I would prefer to do all three right next to each other over a 4x8’ but the room I have it a bit too tight so this is my compromise.

Recent Pics
View attachment 775385

No flash used for pic
View attachment 775386 View attachment 775387

Only about 8-10 inches between reflectors. Strong overlap for mixed spectrum as much as possible. I move the plants around and level the canopy with stands. Most plants are a week or two apart in age/stage.
Looks tremendous

P

PharmHand

I actually have some uva/uvb burn on some of my clones I put iin the veg room. I had to raise the light a bit. I noticed purple and very dark green in the 4 days the light was too low. 3 days after raising the light, the burn didn' progress any.
If they were sprouted under the cmh and the light isn't too close they should do just fine. After all plants outside experience far more UV exposure and do just fine. If you wanna see burning bring a plant grown indoors under cmh or reg mh outside and leave it in direct sunlight for a day

B

Burns

Hi guys,
Great thread which I've just completely read, lots of great info and very technical (way above my station!)

I currently run 2 X 600w hps in Mini Grostar reflectors in a room 8ft x 3ft, I've just added a Maxibrite 315cdm in a horizon reflector between the two 600's.

I grow 8 plants and my yields are consistently between 42-48oz dry and looking forward to seeing if the added CDM improves things.

And I've just built another smaller room in my loft where the grow space will be about 4ft x 4ft and I'm going to be running 2 x 315's up there to determine the difference between using them exclusively and as supplementary.

Thanks for all the great info, the reason I joined was to show my appreciation but I'll be sure to let you know how I get on with them.

Burns

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I'm building a new flower room. Haven't decided on exact dimensions yet but leaning towards 8x4. I've got a 600w hps and a solar storm 440 led (330w true). My thought was to use 2 vivosun 630w cmh with the 600w hps in the middle. Use the led in my veg room with some t5s.
Is that too much light for flower room?
Is that best use of what I already have?
Since I need two phillips bulb in each should I use one 3100 and one 4200 or both 3100?

Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys i need help on what size cmh to run in a 5x5 room..im getting conflicting info,
Some say 1 315 per yard ,metre etc.others 50w per ft ..2 in 5x5 .3 in 5x5 and even run 4 in 5x5 lol..the reason why i havnt bought any fixture/s as yet is how i think if i purchase 2 and they have a foot print of 3x3 how will they cover a 5x5,same with 3 in 5x5 if the 3 are side by side you get plenty of overlap but they would not reach the ft ea side of there footprint.it seems tome that 4 is needed to cover the 5x5 properly ? Can someone set me straight.
Have i fucked up building my grow 5x5 and should of been 3x5 for the fixtures to cover area better.im very new to all this and want to get whats right for the 4 plants.mate wants me to run 1000hps but what i have read cmh is better .he said the setup he wants me to go will yiels 22oz every 6weeks and between 5-6 oz off ea plant hydroponically.not counting veg ofcourse. I reckon 3,315s would do that?that brings me back to how many in the grow.i really only want to go 2 ,for now anyway as they arnt cheap here .i get something like this for 749 + im going to run 1 se 315 for veg also..i really shouldjust say fuck it and just purchase but im one of those anal guys that wants to do it properly..puts bong down....cheers
BLS6007

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Hi guys i need help on what size cmh to run in a 5x5 room..im getting conflicting info,
Some say 1 315 per yard ,metre etc.others 50w per ft ..2 in 5x5 .3 in 5x5 and even run 4 in 5x5 lol..the reason why i havnt bought any fixture/s as yet is how i think if i purchase 2 and they have a foot print of 3x3 how will they cover a 5x5,same with 3 in 5x5 if the 3 are side by side you get plenty of overlap but they would not reach the ft ea side of there footprint.it seems tome that 4 is needed to cover the 5x5 properly ? Can someone set me straight.
Have i fucked up building my grow 5x5 and should of been 3x5 for the fixtures to cover area better.im very new to all this and want to get whats right for the 4 plants.mate wants me to run 1000hps but what i have read cmh is better .he said the setup he wants me to go will yiels 22oz every 6weeks and between 5-6 oz off ea plant hydroponically.not counting veg ofcourse. I reckon 3,315s would do that?that brings me back to how many in the grow.i really only want to go 2 ,for now anyway as they arnt cheap here .i get something like this for 749 + im going to run 1 se 315 for veg also..i really shouldjust say fuck it and just purchase but im one of those anal guys that wants to do it properly..puts bong down....cheersView attachment 814251

315W lights cover a 3x3 space at most for flower. You can get away with up to 5x5 if it's just for veg.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I in a similar situation. Trying to decide between 1000w hps, de hps or cmh. I'm leaning towards single ended hps. Out of the three or seems like this is the least efficient and least productive. However with 8 for ceilings it also seems like the last limiting. Ultimately, we know that the traditional hps is perfectly capable of producing one hit weed. I don't need anything more potent than that. And since I only need 3 or 4 lbs per year increased production is not an issue.

M

MoGroMo

Anyone have any experience here? I am thinking of running 4 - 315W CMH's made by Sunplix with Philips 4200K bulbs (14" open hoods) over a 4X8 table. Table will be trellised with 28 plants. I have a friend using 3 of this same light over a 4X8 table but she is only running 4 plants in that space.
I have been lead to believe that the 630W CMH is a replacement for a 1000W HPS. So by that rationale, my 4 315's should be the same as 2 630's? My other rooms run 2 - 1000W HPS on that same space with good results. I need to make this move soon if I am going to go this direction. Anyone who has actually done this type of grow, please offer your opinion.
I used to run two 400 CMH from Phillips LONG AGO..... this was back when they still made the horizontal version for the hoods I had. Little bird said be careful so I backed off. Gave everything to a friend. This was at least 8 years ago and he’s still running one of those bulbs. BEST bulb I ever ran, amazing results, veg to flower no problem my humble 5-6 is just too high 4100 in full spec is perfect. I looked at about a hundred spectrum charts before I got it.

M

MoGroMo

WOW those #s would be insane. I saw a pic of Boulder verts with walls of dank surrounding. Stacked vert Boulders with the LEDs on em. Only seen a few walls that full. Supposedly pulling 10x normal yield per watt. Their reps KNOW science too. Big time.

315s arent immature like so many alternatives (looking at you, LEDs)... Philips are world class and these arent stoner tech. We simply are finding them now. Very mature, pro technology coincidentally perfect for our needs, yeah?

ALL data points of 315s absolutely crush everything else. For a fraction of the heat. Totally sold. Totally. AND the Boulders daisy chain up to 6 easily?!?
Plasma at Gavita pricing, Gavita PAR at less than 1/3rd power and heat.

They have UVB too, right? Helps kill bugs, spores, yes?
Don’t agree about the statement about finding them now, I was using Phillips CMH horizontal over a decade ago all the way through grow. Then they stopped making them, why I have no idea I was using the 400w single ended with a enclosed fixture without the glass on. Simply awesome. They were the best spectrum of anything out there.

Pmbreno

Pmbreno

Have i fucked up building my grow 5x5 and should of been 3x5 for the fixtures to cover area better.im very new to all this and want to get whats right for the 4 plants.mate wants me to run 1000hps but what i have read cmh is better .he said the setup he wants me to go will yiels 22oz every 6weeks and between 5-6 oz off ea plant hydroponically.not counting veg ofcourse. I reckon 3,315s would do that?that brings me back to how many in the grow.i really only want to go 2 ,for now anyway as they arnt cheap here .i get something like this for 749 + im going to run 1 se 315 for veg also..i really shouldjust say fuck it and just purchase but im one of those anal guys that wants to do it properly..puts bong down....cheersView attachment 814251
I’ve been running cmh for 4 years now, love them can’t say enough good things about them. I had 12 in a 10x12 always killed it. Then I bought a couple gavita led because I just had to know for myself. I’m currently building a fresh op with 2 flower rooms and will be putting the cmh on a shelf to be used in veg. 4 in a 5x5 would get you where you want to be but with that high ppfd you should be doing all the things, air dehue co2.
Good luck to you friend

Top Bottom