Flushing with liquid bone meal?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slug

IMO, if you have a healthy soil and a healthy plant, you shouldn't need to flush in proper organics. The plants will automatically take what they need and leave the rest. At a certain point, adding nutrients late in flower becomes wasteful.

Natural

Natural

A little update..
Getting on 3 week cure for some of these..still very happy with bonemeal in general. I will say that I won't be using this as a flush...just some straight sugars at the onset. But, I also wanna say, if you fucked up and you need an emergency flush type fix for salts..at a low rate of liq bonemeal would work really well.
I've got a knack for picking up subtle flavors in the smoke..I'd say more so than most. I can usually tell when certain nutes were used e.g. guano..molasses..etc. Now the flavors pop..don't get me wrong..but in the background, for a split second, I can catch a tiny bit of "meatiness" to the smoke...very subtle though. Most won't even be able to detect it. My guess is that as cure progresses it will be even less.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Does a "flush" mean lots of run off?
or just plain water / no nutes, same amount of water?

IMO, if you have a healthy soil and a healthy plant, you shouldn't need to flush in proper organics. The plants will automatically take what they need and leave the rest. At a certain point, adding nutrients late in flower becomes wasteful.

Sea liked that post :) I have read that a few time here and there..

I dont use any "salts" of any kind

I use fish poop and bat poop and kelp in veg

in flower, its just Kelp and Liquid bone meal, molasses and bennies

still gunna give em lots of plain molasses water at the end...
They drink a lot at the end anyhow..

Last edited:
Natural

Natural

caregiverken guess it could mean both really. Guys set up for run-off sure can take advantage of it.
I thought you had said sumthin about H16 in this bed...if you don't use any salts, you can be sure plain water feeds will do the trick at the end...without any major run-off. I think it boils down to how well your plants can eat..and how well you can provide the right amount, and know how to taper the feeds. Some won't drink much at ripeness..others get super hungry and devour their fan leaves. stuff like that.

urban1026835

urban1026835

I have a whole line of this sent to me to test out but first I got to get some soil going. Been on a coco kick awhile now but thinking I should try it out.

Plus sure I can sharpen up on soil/organics.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@Natural ; No H16 here..I cant afford those kind of nutes!
Plus, I dont know how to use em..:wacky:

Natural

Natural

@Natural ; No H16 here..I cant afford those kind of nutes!
Plus, I dont know how to use em..:wacky:

ahh..making sense now...takes me a min sum times..lol.
So in flower..you rely on the residual fish and bat poo..but mainly on the bonemeal and kelp to sustain her till she's ripe. ;)
You don't need to add anything during flush at all..maybe a bit of molasses when you start flush. Like I was saying it kinda depends on the plant a lot of times and what they can eat..and how much food is left in the soil. I think 1 week of water is usually not enough..but sometimes I give small amounts of molasses for a few days, then plain water for another week and half. Sometimes just water for about 16 or so days.
Some guys are flushing for 3 weeks (I know Soma says do it for 30 days).
Now, some plants are heavy feeders and if I start a flush(plain water feed) @ 3 weeks..they can starve..and it hurts the flavor and yield. Normal feed plants would fair well with 3 weeks..but again it's gonna depend on the amount of food sticking around in the soil..due to amending or feeding.
One last thought..if somebody feeds too hard to begin with (see salty nutrients especially) it's gonna be hard to flush out what's already in the plant..which is supposed to take about 30 days. That's why I like to taper...and try to be smart about my additives. I'm thinking that's about what you do...I'm imagining.

I have a whole line of this sent to me to test out but first I got to get some soil going. Been on a coco kick awhile now but thinking I should try it out.

Plus sure I can sharpen up on soil/organics.
Which line is that bro?

urban1026835

urban1026835

Listen to what the owner mentions at 9:30

I spoke with the shop today, they recommend flushing with this then plain water for the last week.

guess I could have attached this when I said "they" gave me an entire quart size package with all the supps.

Natural

Natural

guess I could have attached this when I said "they" gave me an entire quart size package with all the supps.
nice bro..they're sending reps to my area soon..plan on hitting them up exponentially. just spent $40 on a qt of Bloom Chaos. felt fairly gouged in the process :wtf:

Natural

Natural

actually the bloom khaos is the one thing I do like to use so far to kick flower off.
funny how it's foliar only..seems pretty close to Nitrozyme..but who knows. @baba G said to be careful the plants have plenty of Cal-mag in their system before applying Bloom Chaos or you'll get signs of a deficiency. Have you noticed anything..or any advice on amounts and how to use?

urban1026835

urban1026835

Hmmm haven't noticed but I know I will be on the look out for it now..

I used it on a couple plants and liked it, even discussed it with another grower who liked it as well.

I will pick it back up again, just always trying out new stuff untill one day I find my own personal collection of likes and dislikes.

urban1026835

urban1026835

I am also in coco so I make sure my plants get their daily calcium and mag, which is maybe why I never noticed anything but positives.

urban1026835

urban1026835

shout out to the reps whoever I emailed BTW. still sitting on this and will journal it eventually..space is always the problem here.

urban1026835

urban1026835

Send them an email, honestly all I did was send them one and ask...told them the straight truth asked if they had a smaller size line for trial and that I would be happy to pay for shipping if they would like.

Next week a giant box of everything they have! Actyally another grower on a different board told me to shoot them an email..

Can't hurt.and cgken we all see the fire you put out so I would think they would wanna see what you can do with it..what better promotion.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks @urban1026835 Thats a good idea!
Ive wrote to other reps and got free stuff before.

Baba G Hooked me up with a couple sample couple quarts
Im going to use the growth enhancer on my seedlings soon :)

Last edited:
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

funny how it's foliar only..seems pretty close to Nitrozyme..but who knows. @baba G said to be careful the plants have plenty of Cal-mag in their system before applying Bloom Chaos or you'll get signs of a deficiency. Have you noticed anything..or any advice on amounts and how to use?
I noticed a huge difference in nodal gap when used on my Sour Diesel, the stuff works. And his chemist apparently added an element to this product that is not on the periodic table. This element will make your plant calcium crazy! And Scott recommends NOT to use regular cal/mag products that consist of cal nitrate. Whenever I hit my plants with it I water in there pure calcium product 'demeters destiny' and pH with their pH up, which is limestone.

Start spraying 1-2 weeks before you click then continue 2-3 weeks in... The feed chart recommends to water it in late flower but I'm not convinced of it's benefits that late in.

This product is a staple in my recipe now, earlier bud sites, very tight nodes and my plants love the kelp.

On a side note, I'm going to be flushing my plants with HH and Aphrodites extract as per Baba G's recommended doses. Will start in about a week and finish with straight water for 2 feedings.... I'll keep you guy's posted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom