Flushing Yes No Does It Matter?

• Thread starter Badboar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

I've gotten my grow back to almost entirely organic at this point, they might get a couple drinks of Grow Big and/or Tiger Bloom depending on how things are looking but, it's getting to be very rare for that to happen. They get teas, or stuff from the OG Tea line, although I've gone to more of the Sea Green lately, I give them Big Bloom at times too, which is an organic FoxFarm product, or just straight water anyway so, it doesn't seem like a big deal to go to straight water for a "flush" period. I think it's more of a habit that's been ingrained over the years as something that you just do at this point.
My point of view on it is like with everything else, we all have our own way, you have to experiment with different ways of doing things until you refine what works best for you. What's great is that people have this tool these days to help them make informed decisions about which styles may work best for them and how to go about doing it.

Hey man, where you been? Or do I just not pay attention...

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Hey man, where you been? Or do I just not pay attention...
I'm thinking you might not be paying attention bro, I'm on here every day. I generally only interact with a limited number of threads on a regular basis though. I could ask the same of you, on both counts. lol

dan1989

dan1989

I have learned to be very wary of 'rules of thumb'. 2 weeks flushing...hmmm. If you have a nute hungry plant, two weeks may be way too much.
I'm thinking you might not be paying attention bro, I'm on here every day. I generally only interact with a limited number of threads on a regular basis though. I could ask the same of you, on both counts. lol

Lol guilty as charged. Glad to see you either way :D

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Flushing is like giving paint extra time to dry because you wanted to be cool and mix chemicals but you didn't want to read up on how those chemicals work, and probably used way too much of something.

You can either learn how to properly use chemicals, ie how many you put in vs how many the plant consumes, or have to flush and give extra time between every step you take since you decided to play God and subtract the plants stomach (digestive soil) from the equation.

Don't forget the roots grow during night and branches pull nutes during day, its just as important as "flushing" to make sure your roots are pulling nutes out of the branches when you harvest and not the other way around.

Last edited:
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I always feed them what they need until the end. I've tried flushing and not flushing and honestly dont think it made a big difference either way. If you overfed your plants, they'll taste like shit no matter what. That's my take.

If you vape, and your senses of taste and smell and thought actually works on a fully functioning level, this opinion holds weight. With most growers it doesn't. Most growers overfeed and think their weird ass plastic bud is "gas"

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I really am stoked to hear your impressions, which are good enough for me. Love my Sherlock bubbler too, but yeah, it gets dirty quick.
@Enforcer
A little update..The cheese that was flushed is beginning to smoke smother than the unflushed cheese..
it is close, but so far, the flushed plant is winning (for me that is) 2 weeks cure for one..1 week for the other.
Still watching and smoking..:smoking: More to come in a week or so.

Enforcer

Enforcer

@Enforcer
A little update..The cheese that was flushed is beginning to smoke smother than the unflushed cheese..
it is close, but so far, the flushed plant is winning (for me that is) 2 weeks cure for one..1 week for the other.
Still watching and smoking..:smoking: More to come in a week or so.
Good stuff bro! Thanks for the update.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Good stuff bro! Thanks for the update.
@Enforcer Well it is done..both Blue Cheese (1 flushed and one not) curing for two weeks now..
(SHITSTORM A COMING I GUESS..LOL)
FF Soil w/ Canna Terra Flores and Ginormous..

Smoke is smoother and burns just a bit better with the flushed smoke! Cure will continue for another 2 months or more..The unflushed smoke is dank as well..

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Enforcer Well it is done..both Blue Cheese (1 flushed and one not) curing for two weeks now..

Smoke is smoother and burns just a bit better with the flushed smoke! Cure will continue for another 2 months or more..The unflushed smoke is dank as well..

Of course. Flushed weed stopped growing sooner so it has less chlorophyll.

But if it is smoother sooner it also didn’t make more bud an trichs like the unflushed weed.

This all depends on the Grow going well an even too.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks bro. I appreciate you insight. I’m doing a 10 day flush this run. I’ve decided I prefer flushed. I think it’s just a more enjoyable to smoke.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Nope... Dont flush or leach anything... Run max till chop and dont even worry about curing....
Thats what the real pro shops look for. Oh and pesticides.. A lot of pesticides... just dunk your finished buds for extra terps

madgrower

madgrower

Nope... Dont flush or leach anything... Run max till chop and dont even worry about curing....
Thats what the real pro shops look for. Oh and pesticides.. A lot of pesticides... just dunk your finished buds for extra terps
Dare now

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Cut your shit off and let the plant eat itself for a week or 2.... I takes thanks in the form of beer and crack.. A good flush makes your smoke better because it makes your cure time brainless... I have smoke 7 day old harvests that were better than a nute pro with green plants...hey but what do i know... I dont take hightimes pictures

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

LOL
Regret decision

dan1989

dan1989

If you vape, and your senses of taste and smell and thought actually works on a fully functioning level, this opinion holds weight. With most growers it doesn't. Most growers overfeed and think their weird ass plastic bud is "gas"

Damn have to agree with you there on some levels. I'm talking an illegal market where people just wanna get the stuff the fuck out of their place, but in UK I feel like I'm the only one who's done my research. On a financial level, why would you want to overfeed and waste valuable nutrients? I think I'm gonna kill it over here, I've got the patience to let it properly dry and cure, and not blast it with cocktails of nutes. At the end of the day your reputation as a supplier is only as good as your weed and I don't want people putting my shit down and making me look like an asshole.

H

hawkman

I try to feed only what the plants need a little every watering once the soil is depleted of nutrients (ocean forest).

If I switch to water only to early my plants will fade quickly. This reduces yield and potency. And complexity but I think that comes with letting plants go until they are truly done.

I have tested flushing. Water only for 2 weeks and keeping them green til the end and there’s is no contest in yield and potency. Fed properly many strains taste great right out of the drying closet even before jarring for cure.

I only use a grow base nute too. It’s all bullshit best I can tell. But any good greenhouse production guide will show the proper way to grow crops. With other plants anyway. It will explain about alkalinity and water and nutes too so most can stop using ph products and ro water.
so are you saying no flush? most commerical grows do flush !!!

dan1989

dan1989

To each their own. I say that you shouldn't need to flush if you've not overfed. Taper down the last month. Just my personal preference...

H

hawkman

I look at it - flushing - as detoxing the plant !!!! the "texbook" say 3x's your container size in a 2 week period ! if running 5 gallon pots - 15 gallons of h20 in a 3 week period - way to much !

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I would never dump that much water on a plant..
I really leach, not flush over a 2 week period. Then I pinch off a fan leaf and taste the juice from the stem..If it is sweet/neutral..go to chop..if bitter..needs more flushing..We did it before there were PPM meters and it still works fine;)

By that time, the plants usually have slowed down their water uptake, and sometimes won't drink for 4-5 days
(5 gallon fabric pots..imagine how long the water would sit in hard shell pots).

I began experimenting with 3 gallon fabric pots this grow and of course way less water is needed, but more frequently..The only plant in a 5 gallon pot here is the smallest (age wise she is 2nd oldest)..White Widow on the lower left of the tent..I noticed that despite my initial fears, that the 3 gallon ones really haven't affected the growth size wise. (The root balls completely filled those pots in days (Mycos))

Last week:
4 12 18

Latest posts

Top Bottom