Folded Leaves

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

hey all!

I decided to add a new thread here.. I'm kinda confused... First grow ever so.. A lot of thing to digest (sadly, it's not edible atm!!)

System is RDWC :
Using Cultured solutions, ph 5.8, 5th week of flo. PPM at 420-450, at 540-550 I can see nuts burn and ppm just get higher when I reached 540-550 so there's a lockout around 540-550.

I am having some weird leaves that are folding up (first picture) I can see some calmag def (fl033004.jpg) and some wonderful leaves... I'm really confused! eheh

Can it be wind burn? The fans were directed right at the canopy and mainly all curled leaves are in the center of the canopy, even the calmag def... As soon as I look at the outside perimeter, there's no sign, all leaves are wonderful. I redirected the fan higher, just to make a nice gentle breeze on the canopy.

Any ideas, tips, suggestions are welcome!

Thank you for your help!

Foldedleaves
Folded leaves 2
Folded leaves 3
Medigrow

Medigrow

Forgot to mention... I am using RO water and Coco Cal at 2ml/g...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Seeing as it's in the middle of the canopy I'd suspect you have a radiant hotspot under your light. Leaves curling like that is usually due to heat stress.

If you have a laser thermometer check the temperature of the leaves all over the canopy, and directly below the light. I bet the leaves below the light are quite a bit hotter than the temp in the room.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Reading temps are ~22 22.5celcius 72 F all over the canopy. I even have folded leaves that are in the middle of 2 lights, so not even directly under the light.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Light distance from canopy, ~40".
Temp is overall 71.6-72. Some buds reach 74.

I have leaves that are 50-55" from light and are curled... Same temp, 72-73F.

H

hawkman

That's "heat intensity" too strong it should be limited to the top leaves mostly

B

Burned Haze

(If it was me) I would get a hand thermometer (they are like $20 bucks for a workable one on amazon) and see if you got hot spots in your room/canopy ( makes all the difference on where the heat % is ). Next have humidity/temp (min/max) with the probes mounted ethier on the ceiling or someway you can have the probe always on the center of your canopy. I installed those on every flood table to make sure my room was dead on and I use that hand meter and once I started doing a reset of the min/max on the humidity/temp and see if your getting differences per day.

after (10+ probes/temp) installed and a hand tool, it solved a lot of my temp issues in my room and I know exactly from 1-2 degrees cap from my each side of my room ( granted it matters how good your room is on insulated and built for growing )

I figured out my cob’s basically we’re only 2 degree’s above and spydrx plus we’re 4-6 degrees. so imagine if you had shitloads of lights , I def would choose the cob’s to keep your a/c energy a advantage of led’s. Anther thing is too much direct beating fans beating on the plants can def cause stress . It’s better to have the fan oscillating back and forth right above it gently as close to the canopy , but not beating to death. There’s a difference in gently hitting them and beating, once I started making sure my fans were doing that ( they def looked better and less stressed leafs)

just a few tips to help ya that I wish someone told me before I fucked up/had failures lol

Medigrow

Medigrow

Thank you for replies!

As for the probes/meter.. I already got a hand thermometer... (infra red) Plus multiple sensors across the room. Varies from 72 to 76 F, temp at night is 66 to 68 F. Humidity is 50 to 58 when the lights are on and 43 to 50 at night (those are the min max). (Yes i'm crazy head when it comes to monitor my room). Co2 is at 1000 ppm atm, decreasing 100 ppm each week. Those are my min/max.

I raised my fans ~1 week ago but I guess the damages are already done, I really think it was a wind burn that caused this shit... They were pointed right at on lowest speed but well, probably was too intense.

As for the leds, way too expensive, it would have been something 4 times the money over hps DE.

I also added a 315w cmh to see if there is any difference :)

Medigrow

Medigrow

Seeing as it's in the middle of the canopy I'd suspect you have a radiant hotspot under your light. Leaves curling like that is usually due to heat stress.

If you have a laser thermometer check the temperature of the leaves all over the canopy, and directly below the light. I bet the leaves below the light are quite a bit hotter than the temp in the room.

No, everything is at the same temp, no hotspot.. I check under all lamps.

I think I should burn the place and start all over again :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom