Foliar Spraying Silica And Fulpower?

• Thread starter Rootbound
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Been foliar spraying nitrozyme and was thinking about alternating with Fulpower and silica mixed together? was wondering how much per quart of water of silica I should add for foliar? My liquid silica is 0-0-2. It recommends 2ml per gallon of water for soil use. I use 1.25 Ml of fulpower per quart, which is 5 ml per gallon for foliar. Chime in if anyone else is using silica for foliar. Thanks, RB

Myco

Myco

I use 5ml/gal for foliar, up to 10ml/gal if applying a heavy dose of neem, using silica as an emulsifier.

So I guess 1.25ml/qt is what I use most commonly.

You can be fairly liberal with silica, based on the commonly low recommended doses...

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks a bunch @Myco . Plan was 1 ml per quart for silica so, looks like a plan!

symbiote420

symbiote420

I like using the same combo as a homemade cloning solution too, gets those roots to form quick!! I've been thinking of giving it a try as a foliar but my foliar regimen is pretty solid right now.

Tnelz

Tnelz

My normal foliar is 1/4 tsp proteck 15mls ful power and they love it. From clone and once a week till Buds. Use others at different times as well. Check out pure protein. U want to see plants go insane. Respect!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
My normal foliar is 1/4 tsp proteck 15mls ful power and they love it. From clone and once a week till Buds. Use others at different times as well. Check out pure protein. U want to see plants go insane. Respect!
Just curious @Tnelz, is that with a gallon of water?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Just curious @Tnelz, is that with a gallon of water?
Yes sir. My other mix is sea green pure protein dry and proteck. And once a month I love caps foliar pack. Just getting into grokashi so I will be spraying it as well once in a while. Mix all foliars a gallon at a time except caps foliar which is a quart at a time. Respect!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Great questions! I mixed up the silica and fulpower at 4ml of fulpower and 1 ml of silica per quart of RO water. PH was about 10.0! Adjusted it down to 6.3. Always played around with foliar but nothing on a regular basis until now. Thanks for all the replies.
@Tnelz how much Pure Protein do you use per gallon for foliar? Did some research on the Pure Protein and really like the feedback. Seems like a lot of nitrogen to be foliaring much into flower.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Stop the pure protein before flower bro. And it says to use a tablespoon or something but I only use a tsp. Also use in veg teas and almost every feed. Agree the n is high but it's extremely gentle. Nothing shows any signs of not loving it. Grab some bro. U will see its pretty nice stuff but it's the second worse smelling stuff I have. That title still goes to nftg pegasus potion. That truly smells like a dead body. Good luck brother!

Tnelz

Tnelz

My point exactly. So they should be free to chelate the nutrients the plants need not pre-eveloped to any single element. But then again I'm not 100% sure so you could be right.
Nothing wrong with adding fulvic alone or in conjunction with other things. Preference I suppose.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
No prob @Rootbound good luck!

@symbiote420 true statement there!

Dudes, try adding aloe vera juice to that combo for even better results! Acts as a wetting agent as a bonus, and great for cloning.

Been looking at the aloe vera juice . Was wanting to uae it in my tea mix for soil drench, is the aloe juice chelated in a ready form for the roots to uptake it? I stop foliar 2 weeks after flip. @Myco

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Been looking at the aloe vera juice . Was wanting to uae it in my tea mix for soil drench, is the aloe juice chelated in a ready form for the roots to uptake it? I stop foliar 2 weeks after flip. @Myco
@Myco , any thoughts/

M

motz

@Rootbound seems as if we discovered you're from my neck of the woods a spell back

P

Pimples

I talked to Harley Smith about 6 months ago personally. He told me a potassium silicate is more effective mixed in the nutrient solution (always first - before adding base nutes) and at the root level. You want a humic/fulvic with kelp extract as your weekly foliar spray. Thats what he told me. Hes a pretty smart and knowledgeable guy when it come to plant nutrient chemistry.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings everyone,
Say, I've been using Patrick Flanagan crystal energy, a nano colloidal silica made by the physicist who studied the properties of water from Doctor Coanda, he went to the Himalayas and many parts of the world to find why did these people live so long, this has from what he said has the highest measured zeta properties...as far as my use of Aloe, I use Georges Aloe, it's fractional distilled and is very good foliar used at 2 oz per gallon... the crystal energy is roughly 20-40 drops per gallon... now fulvics as for foliar during vegetative only as flowering plants will revert to veg, most excellent for clones as well or in reservoir at 5ml 5 gallon or 5 ml foliar...
Peace
cw

Latest posts

Top Bottom