For All The Recipe Tweakers. Lets Have A Discussion About P Levels Vs K Levels In Flowering Plants

• Thread starter cemchris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
So

I just wanted to get some input on ratio's or ppm of the amount of P you are currently using in flower. After going on the salt journey and starting to really tweak recipes from a macro element point of view I have noticed something.

My plant's yield and quality have gone up since I started cutting P out of the recipes more and more. I think currently I am running about 89ppm of P and 252 of K (basically 1:2.8ish). Veg gets even less. This is from day 1 of flower to flush. Same formula (roughly 1200ppm).

When i was running about 1:1.5 of less I would notice lighter color and over all less plant health (bloom boosters basically). It was still good just seemed more wispy and less chunky.

Has anyone seen this same effect? I'm not sure if that leads also to a little higher N level all the way through flower also now.

I'm still semi new to the mixing salts game in the scope of things. Just trying to see what others have seen.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I stopped using bloom ratio nutes. My last was 4-6-6 and using grow nutes only has plant health past week 4 went way up. Along with the change yield and quality have gone up.

Even the president of dyna grow has admitted high p nutes are not needed and he made the bloom bottle due to customer demand not plant science.

He has an interview on dude grows show and reveals his info and lab tests on cannabis. It is very enlightening.

But now he is pushing full starter packs of all bottles on riu. Guess he is a businessman first.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I stopped using bloom ratio nutes. My last was 4-6-6 and using grow nutes only has plant health past week 4 went way up. Along with the change yield and quality have gone up.

Even the president of dyna grow has admitted high p nutes are not needed and he made the bloom bottle due to customer demand not plant science.

He has an interview on dude grows show and reveals his info and lab tests on cannabis. It is very enlightening.

But now he is pushing full starter packs of all bottles on riu. Guess he is a businessman first.

Yeah I remember Advanced saying the same thing also a while back. Basically people want high P so they sell it to them. It wasn't till I really started being able to tweak it that I really was able to drop it and still am dropping it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I remember Advanced saying the same thing also a while back. Basically people want high P so they sell it to them. It wasn't till I really started being able to tweak it that I really was able to drop it and still am dropping it.

I just taper the grow nutes up through stretch and back down after peak bloom during ripening.

If too much nitrogen builds up and i see stress i just leach the pots and re feed a bit lower.

The bloom boost is definitely a myth in my opinion.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah what is also crazy is I'm running higher N then I usually did. About 160 ppm up to flush.

I make it hard on myself and grow different plants from seed staggared perpetually. So i mix a seperate gallon for each plant and feed only what i think she needs. Right to the end pretty much. Unless they only need water.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This really has me thinking about switching over completely to Green planet nutes. Medi-one 4-3-3 all the way through and supplement with massive 1-2-3 for flower.

I've had great results with just GH for years but this gives me food for thought..

Last edited:
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter

Based on tissue samples, cannabis needs roughly a 3-1-3 ratio the entire life cycle with slightly less calcium in flower. Foliage Pro is a single bottle solution that can be used from start to finish or as the base to any additives that you want to use.

P

PharmHand

I haven’t stepped into the world of mixing my own salts yet. I use a line of bottled nutes I’ve been running for a decade, it’s cheap, easy and local and I’m super familiar w the ingredients etc...

Anyhow I model my ratios after @nMEEKS 100-80-100 ratio. I’m in coco/growstones 66/33 and sometimes peat in there too 1:1:1. I can’t remember his ca/mg numbers but I’m about 150-50ppm. So my final numbers would be about 100-80-100-150-50 NPKCaMg. Bear in mind it’s bottled nutes so I’m sure it varies somewhat.

I tweak the inputs depending on stage of development but that works really well for me.... in big pots of coco watered only ONCE daily sometimes every other day. If I were in wool or sm pots watered multiple times daily I’d probably go a lil higher on the K.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just starting week 7 and I've been using roughly the same feed rate as cemchris posted in the OP. Very nice looking plants I have to say, and theyre certainly less finnicky than usual after mid bloom. Plants still look lush.

Herbals

Herbals

This makes totally sense to me especially because I use roots organic seabird guano at around week 2. Then around week 4 to 5 usually have issues purple stems rusts looking spots on leaves plants don’t look happy i flush straight to water and in a few days they are back to normal. I have 4 grows under my belt with my 4th grow by far being my best as far as quality and yield I was able to catch and fix these issues right away on this past grow. I think I’m gonna ditch the guanos and just stick to my full Biobizz line with compost tea this grow.

Herbals

Herbals

Do you guys think high N bat guanos are beneficial in any way I always read guanos bring out taste. Or is it just nitrogen overkill?

Phylex

Phylex

So

I just wanted to get some input on ratio's or ppm of the amount of P you are currently using in flower. After going on the salt journey and starting to really tweak recipes from a macro element point of view I have noticed something.

My plant's yield and quality have gone up since I started cutting P out of the recipes more and more. I think currently I am running about 89ppm of P and 252 of K (basically 1:2.8ish). Veg gets even less. This is from day 1 of flower to flush. Same formula (roughly 1200ppm).

When i was running about 1:1.5 of less I would notice lighter color and over all less plant health (bloom boosters basically). It was still good just seemed more wispy and less chunky.

Has anyone seen this same effect? I'm not sure if that leads also to a little higher N level all the way through flower also now.

I'm still semi new to the mixing salts game in the scope of things. Just trying to see what others have seen.

I found this thread you brought up very interesting, so thank you. I've been on this journey to find what would work best for me and ways to keep it as simple as possible. Unfortunately it just led to some bad timing, poor luck, financial mistakes.

Early on during veg, I decided to try adding light doses of cal/mag to every watering. I ran out of my small bottle, and purchased a gallon sized. A few days later I decided to eliminate the cal/mag supplementation entirely.

I hit flower and decided I was going to try and use mammoth p. I ran out of my tiny free sample bottle. So I purchased the medium sized bottle of mammoth P. I used one dose out of it so far, and I have since decided to try and cut it out entirely for the next run.

Same exact story for Seagreen. Within days of receiving the big bottle after the sample ran out, I decided I wanted to try just using Mega Crop from start to finish.

I would be happy if all I ever need is one product, in my case Mega Crop. I just wasted a few hundred dollars on bottles I may never need or use. It's a good lesson learned and will save me money in the long run. But damn do I feel stupid. Literally just a few days from each purchase and I decide to cut it out.

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Do you guys think high N bat guanos are beneficial in any way I always read guanos bring out taste. Or is it just nitrogen overkill?

I'm running 137ppm of N from day 1 of flower to flush with 0 issues.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
@Phylex I feel ya brudda. Been there. Let me know how Mega crop does fro you. Been looking to run that in the garden out back.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I'm now at 38 ppm of P (minus tap 74ish ppm constant total - not sure of water report). Have had some of the best yields to this date.

Next run Im going to drop the Pot nitrate out and run some MPK to up the P a little while dropping the N some and see what happens. Prob wont get over about 65ppm of P threshold since anything over that seems to go in the other direction.

Top Bottom