For Those Using Blurple Lights.

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I found this interesting side by side comparison, yes with lettuce but, of plant growth and taste between white LEDs and blurple LEDs.

We've always been told that the blurples are shit compared to white LEDs or HIDs but usually it's just anecdotal evidence.

I just thought it was very interesting, objective and scientific side by side test and wanted to share.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Interesting. You can supplement burple lights with white cree cob lights. That way you get a supplemented spectrum. As cob LEDs come down in price the market will shift toward them. I’ve seen lots of hybrid LED panels popping up lately on Amazon.

gwheels

gwheels

Amares has been doing that a long time. I have never seen someone with one say it sucked.

S

Shawnery

Amares has been doing that a long time. I have never seen someone with one say it sucked.
I'm not sure what your commenting on.

If you're stating that someone grows with blurple and is happy? I'm sure that is true but that wasn't my point. My point was to supple some objective evidence to show the difference between growing with them or with white LEDs is all.

Further more this was by far t.not the only video evidence showing the differences because there is also this one that shows the difference between red, blue, white and cfl.

This one I think is just do interesting!

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

I'm not sure what your commenting on.

If you're stating that someone grows with blurple and is happy? I'm sure that is true but that wasn't my point. My point was to supple some objective evidence to show the difference between growing with them or with white LEDs is all.

Further more this was by far t.not the only video evidence showing the differences because there is also this one that shows the difference between red, blue, white and cfl.

This one I think is just do interesting!

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Skram0

Skram0

I found this interesting side by side comparison, yes with lettuce but, of plant growth and taste between white LEDs and blurple LEDs.

We've always been told that the blurples are shit compared to white LEDs or HIDs but usually it's just anecdotal evidence.

I just thought it was very interesting, objective and scientific side by side test and wanted to share.

Here's a really long thread from another site. Interesting read. Basically the guy determined his light wavelengths were probably out of whack. At first he thought it was the light intensity that didn't make his plants stretch. Since there are many different blurple light manufacturers, there will be many different combinations of color and intensity. I have a Galaxy Hydro LED light myself. I have limited success using it due to newbie mistakes and being a newbie grower with only a couple grows. Maybe I should have purchased a white light LED instead.

gwheels

gwheels

I meant Amare has combined blurple lights with white cobs for a long time.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Here's a really long thread from another site. Interesting read. Basically the guy determined his light wavelengths were probably out of whack. At first he thought it was the light intensity that didn't make his plants stretch. Since there are many different blurple light manufacturers, there will be many different combinations of color and intensity. I have a Galaxy Hydro LED light myself. I have limited success using it due to newbie mistakes and being a newbie grower with only a couple grows. Maybe I should have purchased a white light LED instead.
As these videos and my personal experience shows, since i switched to 3000K lights from blurples this grow, if you have limited space i would go for blurples because they grow compact plants. I am now in danger of running out of vertical space eventhough i vegged for 15 days or so (clones). I can’t say anything about yield because i did manifolding last grow and this time i am doing monstercropping with the same strains but they are taller for sure.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
As these videos and my personal experience shows, since i switched to 3000K lights from blurples this grow, if you have limited space i would go for blurples because they grow compact plants. I am now in danger of running out of vertical space eventhough i vegged for 15 days or so (clones). I can’t say anything about yield because i did manifolding last grow and this time i am doing monstercropping with the same strains but they are taller for sure.

Ya know I would think it would be the opposite. I would think that the redder the spectrum the more they’d stretch. I wonder if the lack of stretching is due to light penetration. Hrmm. Interesting.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ya know I would think it would be the opposite. I would think that the redder the spectrum the more they’d stretch. I wonder if the lack of stretching is due to light penetration. Hrmm. Interesting.
Yeah you would think so, actually thats what i was thinking until i made the switch. It is interesting, i think green and yellow causes that stretch maybe.. I have done 3000K all the way tho and if i vegged under 4000-5000K maybe it would stay more compact but yeah my blurples grew more compact plants than my diy. My blurples was 320 watts true draw too.

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Independent of lights if your grow area is kept at similar temps from night to day it will cause shorter nose length.

S

Shawnery

I always veg at 24/0 so that makes sense also. Constant temps throughout the entire day.
Have you found there to be a difference between 24/0 and 18/6 and do you use this schedule even during transplant?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you found there to be a difference between 24/0 and 18/6 and do you use this schedule even during transplant?

I use this schedule in seedling stage. Imo you do get some quicker growth as they don’t need to rest in the veg period. I’ve done this for 15 years. My veg chamber has lights on 24/0 so my clones, mothers and seedlings are on the same light schedule.

Latest posts

Top Bottom